Weather

Word Challenge

A/N This one is for my UMMA! Kitty-Elf. ( https://www.asianfanfics.com/profile/view/816969 ) Go check her stories out she had a wide range to choose from. This one is very different and very small. More of a drabble. Thats why i'm posting it so soon. I’m sorry i couldn’t do anything longer with this but this is how it came about and i read through it trying to think how to add and such and honestly i just liked it how it was so it’s been kept that way. It’s very different writing than i am used to doing but it was a ton of fun playing with a more artistic style. Umma you asked for weather and seasons and fluff and here you go, i tried XD



 

When I first met him the weather was unpredictable. I remember seeing the sky that morning and feeling it come to one with my life. I had no direction. No cause. No life. When the sun started to shine, a rain would soon sweep in, dampening any mood. That afternoon I saw the sun shine and was lured into a false sense of security, throwing on shorts and a tshirt, ready to feel warm but only felt the rain, soaking through every inch of my clothes as friends gibed me for not checking the forecast.

 

That was when I met him. Cold and miserable. Stuck in a never ending cycle which he soon destroyed. With his name and a smile the sun was shining again. Rose tinted glasses allowed me only to see the hope that he brought with him. His shorts and t-shirt combo soaked to his skin told me he was the one.

 

Throughout the day my eyes didn’t leave him and I didn’t care. For every time he caught my eyes warmth ran through me, slowly drying my damp attire with every look. His cheeks had flamed when I spoke out his beauty but his smile told me he was happy to be the one capturing my attention.

 

His life was as mine, unsteady and wavering. Little joy and many storms but still he smiled. He greeted every moment with joy and energy which attracted me. He taught me the meaning to ‘the flower doesn’t wait for the bee but the flower blossoms and the bee comes’. Like the bee I was drawn to the flower facing the sun.

 

In the summer he accepted me entirely. I was his means and he was my end, my all. I never felt a pull like it. Gravity held nothing to him. With each and every spare moment I spent by him, I fell deeper. He was my opposite. Forever positive and dreaming while I was realistic and negative. He balanced me. Made me whole. He was the light and I was the dark. Together we were dawn and twilight, a beautiful moment to behold.

 

With late summer we grew hot, bothered by our clothes and each other's closeness. Yet we couldn’t pull away, we never wanted to. Like the sun we were burning, hot trails and heavy breaths. But the chills. The chills that ran over my body, exploring my spine. They left me thirsty and he only let me drink more.

 

Autumn arrived with brisk winds and mild rains. The unquenchable thirst subsided with the dry heat but the flames didn’t stop. Fire and chills but with all the difference. Cold air surrounded us and the condensation no longer fogged the windows. As the leaves fell, so did our energy, so did our efforts. The only heat his body would offer was hot headed arguments. Both of us teetering. Precarious.

 

My words are cruel as pain fuels them yet neither can remember how this storm formed. With each screaming breath we fell further apart, our energy depleted. Both desperate to find where fracture began. Our paths had crossed and now they cleave but neither dare take the first step. There is nothing more cold than being alone. So we choose to stay in the agonizing heat.

 

When winter came the snow didn’t fall, the sun didn’t shine and when we cried, it didn’t rain. I held my end and my all and I prayed for things to change but I never begged for him to stay. I missed the sun, the smile, the warmth. I missed him but my darkness had tainted his light. Both of us lived in a life of gray and as I watched him leave I noticed the sky felt our pain.

 

I returned to my darkness with no end in sight. His absence bringing winter closer and a storm brewed. I felt the regret and the loss, I grieved for him and I grieved for the summer. I told myself I wanted him, I wanted the light and I wanted the warmth he brought but I knew with each though it was all a lie. I needed him.

 

By the end of winter the snows had calmed. The cold was present but the brightness at my window drew me out. It appealed to me as it always did, filling me and giving me a familiar hope. But with thoughts of warmth there he was. Sweet memories yet they no longer seemed bitter and I smiled. I hoped with the sun he found light, I hope he found warmth. I hoped the memories he held of me were no longer dark. I hoped he remembered me when we both basked in happiness.

 

As seasons changed and months passed by I healed. I lived with the memory of him, knowing it was too late but vowing never to make the same mistake. My unpredictable life had returned but instead of drowning and surfacing it was a ride. It was something to enjoy and take with a pinch of salt. I laughed at my misfortune and grinned with each triumth so that when another light appears it will match my own.

 

It was Spring again and I was waiting for the rain. Smiling through shades as heat tinted my skin. The grass was fresh, trees were new and the air around me was pure. A tap on my shoulder had me turning and memories danced in my mind as I took in that so perfect smile.

 

That was when I met him again. With my own warmth and light. Stuck on one hell of a ride that he was enjoying himself. He sat beside me and our comfort reformed. His gray back to white and a shine in his eyes like it was the first time. When I expressed his beauty he replied with my own. When I spoke his differences he smiled through my improvements. And with each smile and meeting of eyes. I knew he was still the one.