Lonliness

Word Challenge

A/N I’m not massively pleased with this one but at least it's out of the way now. I made it fluff so this one is unrated. I hope you enjoy it in its shortness. This one was requested by Nirvana. My girl Ray! Who has supported my writing and given me so much love from the start <3 I hope at least you will enjoy this Ray.



 

Sungmin kissed his son on the top of his head, watching a final small smile fall off his face as he fell into a deep sleep. He managed to pull himself away from watching his sleeping child. Quietly maneuvering through the room and silently closing the door.

 

He sighed with contentment. His life was truly perfect. Hearing quiet clatters of utensils he moved to the kitchen, where he found his other reason for happiness.

 

Kyuhyun stood washing dishes and Sungmin didn't hesitate to wrap his arms around his torso and rest his cheek on Kyuhyun’s back. Feeling the low chuckle his love made.

 

He stepped back as Kyuhyun turned in his arms, hands holding bubbles. Sungmin smiled up at him lovingly as Kyuhyun put bubbles on his nose, chuckling again when Sungmin pouted.

 

The bubbles were wiped off and Sungmin’s heart went into overdrive as it always had when Kyuhyun leaned in close to him. Soft kisses were pressed on his cheeks and head before settling on his lips.

 

---

The shrill ring signalling the end of dinner bell pulled Sungmin out of his thoughts. He opened his eyes, squinting against the brightness. He lifted himself from the ground with a heavy sigh. Usually he would be cursing time for moving too fast but now he had to go to homeclass.

 

Homeclass was every morning and after lunch, for teachers to take attendance and give them time to inform students on any upcoming school events. It was relaxed and for the most part, his classmates just chatted amongst their friends.

 

But the best thing about homeclass was his guaranteed time to stare at Cho Kyuhyun.

 

The student had moved schools at the start of the school year and ever since he introduced himself to the class and took a seat in the row before Sungmin, Sungmin had become infatuated.

 

Cho Kyuhyun was classically handsome with ruffled hair, made friends easily and often won awards for his sports and academia.

 

Cho Kyuhyun was perfect.

 

And he had little to no idea who Sungmin was. Yet Sungmin was still happy with the situation. He wasn't about to confess to Kyuhyun. As far as he knew, Kyuhyun was straight and it would be pointless anyway.

 

He much prefered to stare at Kyuhyun and spend the rest of his time in a daydream. It had started the day he set eyes on the real life Cho Kyuhyun. It started with fantasies of Kyuhyun asking him on a date, kissing him, holding his hand. Since then he had imagined multiple weddings, houses and children. Difference countries and countless ual interactions. Any scenario that came into Sungmin’s head, was played out.

 

He spent more and more of his time alone, in his dream world. As a result he rarely spent time with the few friends he had acquired. Preferring to be on his own and ditching plans until they stopped asking. He did ensure his grades stayed up but that was pretty effortless. Any free moment he got was spent with Kyuhyun in his imagination.

 

He knew people thought he was a little strange, maybe even lonely. When classmates tried to include him he passed it off as wanting to spend time alone. He knew it wasn't healthy to have such an obsession but realised if it made him happy, it didn't matter. He would worry about the consequences if they came about.

 

As he walked into homeclass and his eyes set on Kyuhyun, he knew any backfire would be worth it. He took his seat as the teacher came into the room and called for their attention. It was a rarity they had news of anything happening, the class halted their conversations and listened with curiosity.

 

“The midterm dance is being moved. Usually it would be two weeks from now but it has clashed with the next football match in the interschool championship, so instead it's this friday.” The girls in class and Heechul, who was friends with Kyuhyun, gasped.

 

“That's four days away.” One girl commented.

 

“How will I get ready at such short notice?” Heechul complained.

 

“How will I find a date?” Another girl whined, this one caused even louder whines from everyone else.

 

“Girls, girls. I’m sure you can manage and you will all look beautiful on friday night.” Their teacher ensured with calming hand gestured. “You too Heechul.” He added before sitting down at his own desk and leaving the class to discuss.

 

“Who are you going to ask?” Heechul questioned Kyuhyun next to him. Sungmin watched as Kyuhyun shrugged his shoulders before his mind swam with more possible scenarios. He didn't plan to go to the dance himself, not in real life anyway.

 

---

 

Sungmin made it to homeclass later than usual after getting stuck in one of his favorite fantasies. Taking his seat behind Heechul, surprised that Kyuhyun wasn't already there and hoping the man wasn’t absent. As the bell rang and the teacher entered the classroom, his shoulders sagged. He knew today was going to be a boring day. He started staring out the window in a sulk when a familiar voice spoke.

 

“Sorry I’m late.” Sungmin looked up to see Kyuhyun dismissed by the teacher and walk to his seat. Sungmin’s happiness was short lived as he noticed how tired and irritated Kyuhyun looked. Wondering what had happened to his eye candy, he listened intently. Knowing Heechul would ask soon enough.

 

“You look like .” Heechul started and Sungmin disagreed but continued to listen.

 

“I feel like it.” Kyuhyun spoke with a groan.

 

“I saw you run into the men's this morning with two girls hot on your heels.” Heechul chuckled and Kyuhyun rolled his eyes.

 

“It’s been non-stop. I thought it was going to be just in school yesterday but I was followed home, had four girls knock on my door at different times of night, then they started ringing my house phone and mobile. I’ve had 67 text messages and I haven't even checked my email yet. They just won't leave me alone.” Heechul laughed again as Kyuhyun laid his head on his desk in defeat.

 

“Why don't you accept one? The rest will leave you alone.” Heechul advised.

 

“You know why I can’t do that.” Kyuhyun muffled from the table.

 

“Just because you’re gay doesn't mean you can't take a girl. It’s just a dance.” Heechul added while answering a text on his phone. Sungmin could have kissed the man for the information he overheard. Kyuhyun sat up to reply.

 

“I don't want anyone thinking I'm interested when I'm not. I don't want to lead anyone on.”

 

Heechul turned to Kyuhyun to reply but his eyes were distracted by something else, causing Kyuhyun and Sungmin to turn too. Next to Kyuhyun’s desk stood four girls. One of which was Sunny, a childhood friend of Sungmin’s and by the nudges her friends were giving her, the one expected to speak.

 

“Kyuhyun, did you choose someone to take to the dance yet?” She asked. Surprisingly nervous compared to her usually confident and bubbly personality.

 

“No.” Kyuhyun dead panned.

 

“Would you like to go with me?...Please?” She asked, looking more and more shy as seconds passed.

 

“No, sorry.” Kyuhyun sighed apologetically.

 

“Why?” Sunny asked, gaining more confidence with the rejection.

 

“Because I’m gay.” Kyuhyun easily admitted but Sunny didn't seem to give up with his admission.

 

“But there are no free gay guys in school so you might aswell take a girl.” She persisted. Kyuhyun’s head once again dropped to the table. Heechul showing no sympathy as he laughed at his friend's situation.

 

Sungmin himself found the interaction amusing but couldn't hold himself back from helping Kyuhyun. He decided to speak with his old friend.

 

“Sunny, you know I’m gay. Stop making excuses and leave the guy alone, can't you see he’s tired of people pestering him?” Sungmin was glad he hadn’t lost the ability to interact with real humans.

 

All attention turned to him, including Kyuhyun’s, who had slowly sat up and turned in his seat. He met Sungmin’s eyes and Sungmin felt a shiver of excitement. He refused to seem flustered and kept Kyuhyun’s gaze. Noticing Heechul looking between them with an amused grin.

 

“Go to the dance with me.” Kyuhyun finally spoke confidently and Sungmin only just managed to hide his surprise. Trying to act cool and uncaring wasn’t easy for him.

 

“I wasn’t planning on going.” He replied calmly. Everyone's eyes ogling him.

 

“Please Sungmin, It’ll make them leave me alone.” Kyuhyun pleaded, turning himself more to fully face Sungmin. He was screaming inside. The way his name sounded with Kyuhyun’s deep voice and a slow realisation that Kyuhyun was fulfilling one of his fantasies, being almost too much for him.

 

“I’ll think about it.” Sungmin replied and Kyuhyun gave a wide smile. Seemingly happy with anything but ‘no’.

 

“Away with you,” Heechul did shooing motions to the girls that still watched with mixed reactions, “He’s made his choice.” The girls complied eventually.

 

Kyuhyun gave a final smile to Sungmin before turning around. Sungmin couldn’t resist giving a small smile back.

 

---

Lunch came by and Sungmin was pretending to read a book. Usually he would be deep in fantasy right now but his mind instead was filled with the real Kyuhyun.

 

Sungmin didn't really want to go to the dance, but he did want to be as close to Kyuhyun as possible. The thing that worried him the most was being ditched at the dance by Kyuhyun for his friends.

 

“You always sit here on your own, yet I see you talking to people in classes. Its like you choose not to have friends.” Kyuhyun seemed to appear out of nowhere. Sungmin relaxed after the initial shock.

 

“Do you creepily watch people often?” Sungmin asked jokingly. Earning a deep chuckle from Kyuhyun.

 

“You...You’re,” Kyuhyun gestured to his face, a blush appearing, “I like you face. It’s nice to look at. You’re cute. That’s why I noticed.” His blush now very evident after his explanation and Sungmin felt warm spread in his chest.

 

“Ah, is this your way to get me to go to the dance?” Sungmin teased again.

 

“If it’s lame it’s because my only experience is from the girls in the past 24 hours.” This made Sungmin laugh and a triumphant smile plastered Kyuhyun’s face.

 

“I’ve seen you interact with people and you’re not socially inept or anything so why do you spend so much time alone?” Kyuhyun asked after a moment of quiet.

 

“I guess I like my own space.” Sungmin shrugged, knowing he couldn't tell Kyuhyun the truth.

 

“So how do I convince you to go to the dance with me?” He asked next and Sungmin took a minute to think.

 

“How about...don’t ask me because you want the girls to leave you alone.” Sungmin smiled playfully and saw the realisation on Kyuhyun’s face. Eventually he gave a small laugh and nod. He seemed to realise his mistake.

 

---

Unable to spend time in his dreamland that morning, Sungmin had given up and ended up at school even earlier than usual. Planning to swap his books then go to his place under the tree, he opened his locker. Noticing a pink slip fall and hit his foot.

 

Putting his books in the small space, he bent to retrieve the slip. The envelope was pink with white cartoon rabbits decorating the corners. His name was scribbled on the front. He opened it, wondering if a girl was confessing to him as he pulled out a matching pink post card.

 

‘I know you get here early every day, meet me in your usual spot - Kyuhyun x’

 

Sungmin smiled down at the messy writing, quickly grabbing new books and walking with purpose to meet Kyuhyun. As he reached the area he noticed Kyuhyun, sat leaning against the tree with his eyes shut. He smiled at the image.

 

“Do you own a lot of pink stationary?” Sungmin asked, Kyuhyun’s eyes opening as a smile appeared in greeting. He stood up, moving a little closer to Sungmin.

 

“Will you ever stop mocking me?” Kyuhyun questioned with a cheeky grin.

 

“Probably not.” Sungmin smiled back.

 

“Good, it means your attention is on me.” Sungmin chuckled with a small blush.

 

“What do you want Kyuhyun?” He asked, trying to move away from the flirting that made it impossible for him to hide his interest.

 

“I want to tell you I’ve been watching you for a while. I never approached you because you looked so peaceful and I didn't want to ruin it. Plus I had no idea that you were gay so my efforts would have been pointless. Plus you’re really attractive and I’ll admit that helps. So, Sungmin, please go to the dance with me so I can get to know you better.” He finished his piece and Sungmin smiled. The confession seemed genuine and admittedly, Sungmin was a er for a romantic speech.

 

“Alright.” He finally answered. Smiling when Kyuhyun’s eyes widened.

 

“Alright?” Kyuhyun checked and Sungmin nodded. He tried to hide his own wide grin while Kyuhyun let his own show. Going as far as to fist pump like he had won another award.

 

Suddenly Sungmin was encased in a squeezing hug around his shoulders. He smiled with a light head, his brain trying to process if Cho Kyuhyun was actually hugging him right now. He was made to sway as Kyuhyun moved from foot to foot, dragging Sungmin with him in his happiness. Sungmin laughed at the silliness as his foot tripped on one of the tree roots. With a small yelp he fell back, dragging Kyuhyun with him by the shirt. Before he could fall fully, he was pressed against the trunk. Kyuhyun’s arm around him and another supporting them on the tree. A breath of relief left him. He steadied his feet before looking to Kyuhyun. Only now aware of the tallers closeness. His heartbeat picked up just like it had in his fantasies.

 

“Sorry, that was my fault.” Kyuhyun chuckled, seemingly unaware of their current situation. Sungmin could only concentrate on lips he has kissed thousands of times in his mind. With little thought he leaned in. Pressing his lips to Kyuhyun’s. Noticing the sharp inhale from Kyuhyun as his own breathing hitched. He pulled away a few moments later. Feeling suddenly silly for kissing someone so quick after agreeing to one date. He knew his face would be flushed and was unable to meet Kyuhyun’s eyes until a finger tilted his chin. Lips pressed more firmly against his. Moving and perfectly seductive. He lost himself, this time in the real Kyuhyun. His hands gripping at his shirt as he tried not to melt into nothingness.

 

Sungmin cursed the bell this time. It dragged himself and Kyuhyun away from each other. Now his eyes didn’t want to leave Kyuhyuns. He felt his hand taken as he was pulled towards the school.

 

“I hope you’re this googly eyed at the dance.” Kyuhyun commented playfully. Sungmin scowled at him.

 

“I hope you dance better than you hug.” Kyuhyun chuckled in front of him and Sungmin smiled. Enjoying the lingering eyes on him and Kyuhyun. He was officially living the daydream.