Feel

Word Challenge

A/N Well it’s been a while. I barely have time to post, let alone write :( Sorry. But here you go. Still lots to do before i finish all these but at least you guys are being patient with me. Thank you for that. This one was….MARIE!!!! Your turn to update now girl! XD



 

Everything was dark. There was a sliver of light coming through the bottom of the blindfold but it wasn’t enough space to see anything. He waited patiently. Feeling somewhat nervous but excited.

 

Being put in positions that made him feel that way was a regular occurrence to Sungmin. The company he worked for specialised in making viral videos. There were many different genres of videos coming from the company. Lifestyle, culture, science, technology, gaming and experimental, which was the department Sungmin worked in. Their videos were usually doing something, just to see what would happen. The latest one he directed himself was one watching the results of elderly women eating cannabis brownies. This one however was his friend, Ryeowook’s, idea.

 

He had easily roped Sungmin into kissing a stranger while blindfolded, just to see what happened. According to his friend the range of people he was recording came from all over the company. It was a regular occurrence for someone from experimental to be cast into a lifestyle video or any other cross over. The screen time got you familiar with the fans which always lead to more views on your own video.

 

When Sungmin tried to question his friend on whom he had been paired with, the only information he gained was someone from the gaming floor. Not being an avid gamer, Sungmin didn't know anyone but the manager of the gaming floor and Ryeowook has ensured it wasn’t him. This was what had him nervous now, as the door opened and he heard another person lead into the room. He would soon be kissing that person and he didn’t even know their name.

 

“Ok. Are we ready? I’ll ask you guys some questions first.” He heard his friend's voice call, “Action.”

 

The cameras were rolling at Sungmin could feel his face slowly turn red with embarrassment.

 

“So the both of you are blindfolded. How do you feel?” His friend called from behind the camera.

 

“Terrified.” A voice spoke across from him. Sungmin could tell instantly he was a man. Thankful to his friend for at least making sure the gender was right, not like he wouldn’t have kissed a girl for the sake of a video.

 

“Also terrified but...i don’t know...kind of giddy.” Sungmin chuckled and heard a deep laugh across from him which was frankly beautiful.

 

“You have heard each other's voices. What are your thoughts of each other so far?” Sungmin waited for the person across from him to answer first.

 

“He sounds like he smiles a lot. I imagine him to be petite.” Sungmin heard the keep chuckle again.

 

“His voice sounds really nice. It's quite deep but not enough to be all muscles and protein shakes.” Sungmin laughed and heard the person across from him join.

 

“Ok. You can go ahead if you’re ready.” Ryeowook finished and Sungmin let out a whisper of ‘oh god’ as mild dread filled him.

 

“Ok. I'm holding out my hand.” The man across from him laughed and Sungmin reached out. His hand skimming something soft before it landed on what he presumed was an arm. A hand went over his and he felt someone move closer. A hand skimmed his shoulder before landing on it.

 

“I have no idea where you are.” Sungmin laughed with the guy.

 

“Alright,” He spoke between mild laughs. “I’ll move to you, just don't headbutt me or something.” Sungmin was laughing again as hands moved to his neck. One of his hands still rested on the guy's arm and feeling the soft of what he presumed was a really nice jumper.

 

“I’ll stay still.” He said finally. He felt a thumb brush across the corner of his lip and down his cheek which sent pleasant surprised tingles down his spine. Hearing a nervous breath, he knew what was coming and waited with nerves. Only now wondering what he should do if this guy is a terrible kisser. Would Ryeowook cut it to save him? Probably not.

 

He felt breath on his lips and took in his own as lips were finally pressed on his. At first soft and careful. As though testing he was kissing the right place. The lips didn’t move far before meeting his own with a little more pressure. The same tingle ran over his spine as they moved, Sungmin kissing back easily with the pleasant feeling.

 

He felt the person step closer, telling Sungmin he was much taller which pleased him for some reason. Fingertips slid through the back of his hair which made him aware of how light headed he was feeling. His free hand slid up onto the stranger's chest. Gripping the fabric when a hand wound around his waist and he felt a slight of tongue. Accepting it with his own he felt blood go south. Not enough to cause any embarrassment but enough for him to want to continue kissing whoever the person was.

 

He was disappointed when the kiss slowed. Knowing it had to end eventually but he didn't want to leave whatever heaven he was in where he could kiss this perfect stranger that made him feel better than any boyfriend had. As they parted he felt the stranger step away with hands sliding down his shoulders and taking his hands. The room was silent and Sungmin shook his head as though to clear out the fuzziness that was left over.

 

“Cut.” Ryeowook spoke quietly, “Don’t remove your blindfolds yet, we have to sit you both down and introduce you properly.” The hands holding Sungmin’s let go and someone appeared next to him talking quietly. He was directed into a seat and a shuffle of feet told him the stranger was already there.

 

They waited for only a moment before Ryeowook called action again.

 

“Are you both nervous for seeing what the other looks like?” Ryeowook asked and Sungmin spoke first.

 

“I’m not worried about what he looks like, I’m just nervous to look at him in general.” He tried to explain and the person across from him spoke.

 

“I think i'm more nervous what he thinks of me than what i think of him.” Sungmin laughed lightly with him.

 

“Ok you can slide your blindfolds off.” Ryeowook instructed.

 

Sungmin took a breath before slowly removing his blindfold. When his eyes had adjusted a small amount he finally looked to the person across from him who was already watching him with a small smile.

 

Sungmin was a little stunned. Tall, long legs, chocolate eyes, brown messily styled hair and a face and smile of utter perfection. He could feel himself being scrutinised in the same way and laughed. Holding out his hand to introduce himself properly.

 

“Sungmin.”

 

“Kyuhyun, it’s nice to meet you.” His deep chuckle was still music to Sungmin’s ears. Sungmin felt embarrassed still but found the whole situation quite amusing.

 

“What are your first thoughts?” Ryeowook asked them.

 

“He looks nothing like i thought he would.” Kyuhyun laughed. Looking again to Sungmin with a warm smile.

 

“Same here, i could tell he was tall but, i don't know, i expected different.” He agreed.

 

“Do you think the experiment changed anything for you?” Ryeowook asked next and both of them thought for a moment.

 

“I think i realised how little looks matter. I’m not saying i was shallow or anything but it was an enjoyable experience even not knowing what he looked like.” Kyuhyun spoke and Sungmin laughed.

 

“There's an insult in there somewhere.” He joked.

 

“There's a compliment too.” Kyuhyun replied.

 

“What about you Sungmin? Did the experiment change anything for you?” Ryeowook quizzed and Sungmin shook his head.

 

“It’s not so much that something changed but it was an experience. It surprised me how different it was kissing someone without sight. At first it was a little strange and awkward, trying to find each other but i realised that i don't close my eyes entirely when kissing. I don't stare at them but i can at least see where i'm going.” He laughed and Kyuhyun spoke.

 

“I noticed that too! I didn't want to be the weird one to admit it though.” He teased earning a laugh from Ryeowook.

 

“Do you think you would do the experiment again?” Ryeowook concluded and Kyuhyun nodded his head.

 

“I am neither for or against it.”

 

“I don’t think i would,” Sungmin spoke up, “It was really nerve wrecking at first and i think this time i got quite lucky, it wasn't as awkward as i expected and Kyuhyun wasn't a bad kisser. I think i should quit while i'm ahead.” Kyuhyun laughed and Ryeowook called cut. Kyuhyun stood and shook Sungmin’s hand. Sungmin feeling a little disappointed that he was leaving.

 

“Kyuhyun i'm being pestered by your colleague who needs you for another recording. Go ahead, thank you for today.” Ryeowook shouted over and Kyuhyun nodded.

 

“Thanks for your hard work. I’ll see you around.” He spoke to Sungmin who nodded with a smile.

 

“See you later.” He replied neutrally. Still surprised by his disappointment.

 

---

 

A few days had passed since the recording of Ryeowook’s video. It was going through HR approval and would probably be submitted for upload tomorrow. Ryeowook was looking forward to seeing how his video did while Sungmin waited impatiently to be able to watch it. He told himself he was interested in his friends work but in reality he was eager to see Kyuhyun again. He had hoped to see the other around the office, a regular he just hadn’t noticed before. That was not the case however. It seemed his and Kyuhyun’s paths never crossed.

 

Since recording it was all Sungmin could think about. How his spine tingled and his mind went fuzzy with every moment he kissed the man. He had wondered if it was just down to being blind folded. That his other senses were heightened. It made sense to him but at the same time he wondered if it was just Kyuhyun. Something about the man that appealed to Sungmin on a whole new level. A believer of finding ‘the one’ Sungmin was scared to let the opportunity pass him by but worried that if he did managed to kiss Kyuhyun again, if by some of luck Kyuhyun was interested, that it wouldn't feel as good as it did while he was blindfolded.

 

It was an annoying situation and what was even more annoying was that he had no idea how to solve his own problem. A smack on his head woke him from his thoughts.

 

“What the hell is wrong with you lately. You’re so deep in thought it's scary.” Ryeowook chided him. He was having dinner with his small circle of friends. Ryeowook, Eunhyuk and Donghae.

 

“Nothing.” Sungmin deadpanned but he could feel his friends stare.

 

“You have been moping about for days. Tell me what's going on or i'll make that video of you drunk go viral.” His friend warned him. The memory of his whiney voice of the video made him shiver and he instantly caved.

 

“I think i have a bit of a crush on that guy i kissed for your video.” Sungmin finally admitted. Sulking as he leant his elbow on the table.

 

“You speak to him?” Ryeowook asked. Seeming surprised. Sungmin shook his head watched his friend look at him judgingly.

 

“So how can you have a crush on him if you don't know the guy?” His friend asked bitterly.

 

“I don’t know. I really enjoyed that kiss. The guy looks like a god and just the way it felt. It was perfect but i haven't seen him around or anything like i expected to and it's infuriating. I don't know if it was just because i was blind folded or if he's something different.” Sungmin whined, dropping his head to the table.

 

“So kiss him again.” Eunhyuk advised. Donghae and Ryeowook scoffed at the stupid solution.

 

“The reason you haven't seen him about it because he works on the gaming floor. What is Sungmin going to do?” He aimed his question at Eunhyuk, “Just walk up there and mouth the poor guy?”

 

Eunhyuk shrugged his shoulders.

 

“You never know he might like that kind of thing.”

 

“Or he might get a restraining order out on Sungmin.” Donghae laughed.

 

“Seriously guys, help.” Sungmin pleaded.

 

“Well first things first. You need to see the guy and at least form some kind of friendship with him. That means you either need to get him on our floor or you go up to gaming. Have a look at the emails, there is bound to be a video going on that they need volunteers for.” Ryeowook finally gave some sound advice and Sungmin shot up, sitting upright.

 

“Thats a great idea.” Without saying goodbye he quickly left. Desperate to find a way of getting near Kyuhyun again.

 

---

 

Hours on the computer hadn’t served him well. He had managed to watch quite a few gameplay videos and reaction videos that had Kyuhyun starring in them. He then managed to find one the latter than produced. A live action version of gameplay which Sungmin thought was an amazing idea.

 

The emails from the gaming section were sparse. Most of them wanted people for tournaments or requesting people who were familiar with games. Sungmin was not an avid game player. Save for mario when he was a child, he had never bothered much since.

 

“Any luck?” Donghae appeared next to him and Sungmin shook his head.

 

“Anything they need, i don't have.” He slid down his chair. Once again falling into a sulk.

 

“Are you watching videos he's in?” His friend asked with amusement in his voice.

 

“Yes.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Because it’s the only way i’ll ever get to see him.” Sungmin wriggled childishly in his chair making his friend laugh.

 

“I like those reaction videos. We should do a series of people who haven't played games before. Like introduce them to popular games. It would be fun.” Donghae mumbled. Sungmin stood up frantically. Grabbing his friend by the shoulders who was trying to rub his shins from the chair hitting him.

 

“You’re a genius. That would mean regular visits to the gaming floor. Where he is. I would see him. Donghae. You have to help me. You can take the credit. Just make me one of the regulars.” Donghae laughed at his hysteria as Sungmin waited impatiently for his friends answer.

 

“You know I don’t like working series. I prefer one off videos where the work is done and dusted. I get easily distracted.” His friend laughed.

 

“Donghae.” Sungmin whined. Hugging his friend and pleading him to cooperate.

 

“Ok. How about we work together. Both produce and direct but you can be one of the people on screen. We do no more than five videos because more would kill me. At least with two of us the workload is shared.” Donghae compromised and Sungmin nodded frantically.

 

“Ok ill meet you on the tables, let me get my stuff and we’ll work up a proposal. Then you can go up today.” Donghae suggested and Sungmin jumped on the spot.

 

“I love you forever!” He shook his friend with excitement before grabbing his notebook and pen and making his way to the table. Leaving Donghae rolling his eyes behind him.

 

---

 

The proposal was done and Sungmin was in the elevator. The stupid machinery had a bad habit of breaking down. As he waited patiently for it to move again, he checked his hair countless times and how he looked. Hoping as he took his proposal to the floor manager he would see Kyuhyun. Briefly wishing he was stuck in the steel box with his crush. He started to wonder if the other would greet him or not. He hoped so.

 

Before his thoughts could go any further the elevator jolted into action and soon the doors opened. He stepped out, thanking those waiting for letting him through, noting none of them were the person he hoped to see. He walked across the floor. Trying to look as natural as possible as his eyes scanned every face he could see. He noticed a few looks his way but not from anyone he recognised.

 

It seemed he was out of luck as he reached the floor manager's office. He knocked on, waiting for a reply. None came. Before he could knock again someone interrupted him.

 

“Hey, he’s over there.” The round man pointed amongst the desks and computers and soon Sungmin saw the manager. He smiled and thanked the guy who just smiled and continued on his way as Sungmin made his way to Siwon. The latter noticed him as he walked up and greeted him warmly.

 

“Hey, Min. Long time no see, to what do we owe the pleasure?”

 

“Hi Siwon, I have a proposal for you if you have a moment.” His friend faked exasperation.

 

“You never just come for a visit, do you?” Sungmin laughed as Siwon folded his arms and faced him. Showing Sungmin he had his full attention.

 

“Me and Donghae are working together for a short series of videos. We wanted to make videos of people who don’t usually play videos games, play some of the most popular titles for the first time. We were thinking of keeping it short to around five.” Sungmin briefed and watched Siwon think.

 

“Great idea, but what is in it for me?”

 

“Well Donghae is only interested in five videos, he doesn’t like to settle on one thing for long, so after our five are done you are more than welcome to use the idea in the future, without giving us credit. Plus it will be posted on the gaming channel anyway. The only downside for you would be helping us out. We have no idea on the recording or good ways of formatting these kind of videos. Nor do i know anything about gaming so i would need some expertise on the most popular games going on at the moment.” He explained. Siwon nodded.

 

“Thats easy enough. Were a room full of nerds, anyone can help you. Are you planning on starring in these videos by any chance?” Siwon questioned and Sungmin nodded.

 

“I think the last game i played was super mario on a gameboy colour.” He laughed at the amount of judgement Siwon gave him. He was gestured to follow Siwon and did. Moving along the floor to an unknown destination.

 

“I’ll hand you over to one of my guys who tends to specialise on new releases. He will be able to help you with the whole process should you need it. He was just boasting this morning how he has a back stock of videos all edited and ready for submission. I want him to suffer a little.” Siwon chuckled. He stopped behind a familiar mop of messy hair and Sungmin felt his breath catch. Siwon prodded his shoulder and Kyuhyun turned to him, removing his headphones, eyes finally landing on Sungmin who smiled meekly at him.

 

“Kyuhyun, this is Sungmin.” Siwon started and Kyuhyun stood to shake his hand.

 

“Yeah we’ve actually met before, it’s nice to see you again.” He greeted with a smile and Sungmin swore he swooned a little and he greeting Kyuhyun back.

 

“Sungmin and another colleague from experimental want to do a short series of videos for the gaming channel. Having people play popular games who don’t usually play games. Sungmin will be starring in the video and therefore, doesn’t have a damn clue what he’s doing. Since you’re so free of time. You can help.” Sungmin watched Kyuhyun scowl at his boss who grinned in reply.

 

“You’re lucky i don’t mind helping.” Kyuhyun mumbled, earning a slap on the back from Siwon as the latter left.

 

Sungmin was left with Kyuhyun and he couldn't believe his luck. He couldn’t wait to tell Donghae.

 

---

 

An hour had passed and Sungmin and Kyuhyun had gone through an awful lot of information. Giving Sungmin a lot to discuss with Donghae. They had gone through games Kyuhyun would suggest to how the videos could be set out and who to have in them. It gave Sungmin a ton of work to do the next day but he was always happy to be busy. Especially if getting the work done meant seeing Kyuhyun again.

 

He was still crushing on the man entirely. Enjoying every word out of his mouth even in a professional setting. Neither of them spoke about how they met and Sungmin couldn't help but be a little disappointed about that. He knew they had work to do but his childish little fantasies still roamed his mind. Imagining Kyuhyun telling him he couldn’t get Sungmin out of his head.

 

It wasn’t to be and Sungmin knew it, not yet anyway. For now he had thanked Kyuhyun for his help so far and made his way down to his own floor. Sprinting to Donghae and excitedly recounting the past hour. Ignoring the information Donghae actually needed to know and only swooning over his time spent with Kyuhyun.

 

---

 

Sungmin was way too excited to be in work. The past week he had worked so fast and efficiently, Donghae couldn’t keep up. Finally, today was the day for recording. He had acquired volunteers, got a film crew together and booked a space for the day.

 

He arrived at the space early and was surprised Donghae was already there setting up the cameras. He was even more surprised when he saw Kyuhyun setting up the consoles they would be using. He smiled back to his crush before joining Donghae.

 

“So i met your little crush today.” Donghae spoke quietly.

 

“Isn’t he perfect?” Sungmin asked rhetorically.

 

“No, but he’s funny so i'll let you off.” Sungmin scowled at him before setting to work himself. He had managed to persuade Kyuhyun to join him on screen as his adviser. Each inexperienced person having someone from the gaming floor who had already played the game to help them along.

 

Most of the recording went without a problem. Kyuhyun stood next to Sungmin and Donghae as it was done to advise on the camera angle for saving space for a video box. Adding useful information when needed but allowing Sungmin and Donghae to still take control of any situation how they wanted.

 

Sungmin had to say if he wasn’t already interested in Kyuhyun, he would still be interested in working with him again. When it was their turn to be on screen he couldn’t help but laugh at Kyuhyun’s exasperation at how bad he was. Dying instantly one after another. He really enjoyed recording with Kyuhyun. The gamer was always patient but teasing at the same time which always had Sungmin laughing. He was disappointed when the recording for the day ended.

 

They left the room as it was. Ready for the next day of recording. They had decided to record all the videos before editing them with Kyuhyun’s help later on.

 

As the recording days past, Sungmin noticed he was getting friendlier with Kyuhyun. Unfortunately it all seemed to be one sided. He couldn't help but to touch Kyuhyun when he had the chance. A pat on the shoulder, a hand on his back. Any opportunity he naturally took. But Kyuhyun was never doing the same and although they could talk freely together without any awkwardness, it was always about work. It infuriated Sungmin more. He had tried to think of ways to get Kyuhyun’s number but none of them would fall in a professional setting.

 

Ryeowook had shown him comments from his own video. Ones that gave Sungmin a little hope. The subscribers were shipping them. A long ongoing conversation on how the chemistry was undeniable. But the hope was short lived when the recording was finished and Sungmin and Donghae had been shown how to edit the videos in the best way. This left Sungmin with no reason to go up to the gaming floor anymore. No closer to getting Kyuhyun.

 

His friends had not been helpful. Not helping him think of new ideas to get closer to Kyuhyun. They had even judged him for not accepting a date with another guy from the gaming floor. Sungmin didn't even remember his name, let alone have any interest in him.

 

Eventually he decided he needed to give up. If Kyuhyun was interested in him, something would have happened. He was a little down about it for a while but when he was never seeing Kyuhyun, he couldn’t exactly say it was hard. So when he did finally have an excuse to go to the gaming floor, he tried not to think about the man.

 

He waited for the elevator. Holding a flash drive ready to hand over for submission. He had to give to to the gaming floor as only they had access to the channel it would be posted on. The elevator opened and Sungmin was surprised to see Kyuhyun inside.

 

“Morning.” Kyuhyun smiled, reminding Sungmin of his lovely voice and attractive face. Sungmin internally rolled his eyes at himself.

 

“Morning.” He smiled back, standing next to Kyuhyun as the doors closed.

 

“Finally submission day?” Kyuhyun asked and Sungmin nodded.

 

“It took us awhile but i think it’s set to go. See what Siwon thinks.” He replied and they were left in silence. Sungmin took the time to give himself a talking to. He had to stop his silly little crush. It wasn’t going to do him any good. He had been watching lifestyle videos yesterday telling him how to get over the idea of him and Kyuhyun together. He had to put them into practice.

 

His thoughts were cut off as the elevator jutted to a stop. His hand instantly went to the rail around the elevator as he waited for the doors to open or something to happen. He looked to Kyuhyun who was already looking at him. Realization seemed to hit them both. The elevator was stuck. Again. A regular and annoying occurrence that had people confined in a small space for a good twenty minutes.

 

This would have been a dream come true to Sungmin before but now, it was his worst nightmare. He had to spent twenty minutes alone with the crush he was trying to get over. It was going to be a huge setback for him. He cursed the roof of the elevator for his luck.

 

His annoyed thoughts were cut off when a hand landed on his waist and another on the back of his neck. Lips were pressed to his as his back was pressed to the elevator wall. He heard his own sharp intake of breath as his body buzzed with excitement. Kyuhyun was kissing him. Kissing him with more force and want than he had for the video.

 

Sungmin finally reacted, his own hand threading into Kyuhyun’s hair and kissing Kyuhyun with equal eagerness. His back arching into Kyuhyun from the shiver running down it and the taller hummed with appreciation. His hand sliding over Sungmin’s lower back.

 

Suddenly the elevator jerked again. Bringing them both out of their kiss suddenly. They quickly parted. Straightening their clothes, Sungmin lightly tapping his face telling himself to wake up. He looked to Kyuhyun who was smoothing down his hair watching Sungmin with a grin which only made Sungmin chuckle with a blush. The elevator pinged the doors opening onto the gaming floor. Someone asked Kyuhyun if they got stuck and he replied so naturally, Sungmin was sure if he spoke it would sound similar to a toddlers slurred speech.

 

“I’ll see you around.” He waved to Sungmin who scowled good naturedly at him. If he thought he was getting away after that he could think again. Sungmin went and handed his USB drive to Siwon. After a short chat he left the small office and walked straight to Kyuhyun’s desk. Taking a post it note from his neighbour who didn't seem to mind and the pen Kyuhyun was holding from his hand. He wrote his number down before slipping the pen back in Kyuhyun’s hand and sticking the note on his forehead. With a final pat on the shoulder he left for the elevator. Glancing back briefly to see Kyuhyun removing the note and looking at it with a grin as his neighbour slapped him on the back in congratulations.

 

Sungmin couldn’t avoid the victory dance he did in the elevator or the way he squeezed each one of his friends as he whispered the good news.

 

As he finally got back to his desk his phone pinged.

 

Unknown Number:

Hello, Sungmin :)