Chapter 3

ZE:A Goes South for the Winter

Chapter 3

 

Junyoung and Dongjun

"Hyuuuung I'm soooooo booooored," Dongjun whined to Junyoung.

"We just took off please don't be like this the entire flight," Junyoung grumbled not looking up from the book he was reading.

"But hyuuuung i'm boooooored," Dongjun whined again.

"Why don't you complain to Taehun then," Junyoung suggested wishing the maknae would leave him alone so he could read in peace.

"I'm...cold," Taehun mumbled from next to Dongjun.

"He's sleeping already hyung," Dongjun informed Junyoung.

"Then why don't you sleep too," Junyoung suggested.

"But I'm not tired," Dongjun said.

"Well find something to do because I'm trying to read my book here.

Dongjun pouted disappointed that it seemed like Junyoung was more interested in his book than him. Then he got an idea.

"Fine hyung I'll go to sleep but only if I get to use you as a pillow," Dongjun said leaning his head on Junyoung's shoulder and his side up against his side.

"Hey Dongjun that's not what I meant by go to sleep," Junyoung said looking up from his book at the maknae.

But seeing that he wouldn't be moving anytime soon, the leader just went back to reading his book. Five minutes later Junyoung looked up from his book again and found the maknae fast asleep on his shoulder softly snoring.

'I guess he was tired after all," Junyoung thought to himself smiling at the maknae's cute sleeping face before turning his attention back to his book again.

 

Siwan and Kwanghee

Siwan looked up from the magazine he was reading and shook his head at what he saw. The usually energetic Kwanghee was now fast asleep with his head hanging to the side in a uncomfortable looking way. Kwanghee had been energetic all morning since the time he'd gotten up that morning so it didn't surprise Siwan that he was now asleep.

'He must have really tired himself out in all the excitement this morning,' Siwan thought to himself. 'Well at least I can enjoy a quiet, peaceful flight now.'

He went back to looking at his magazine but after a few seconds looked back up at Kwanghee.

'His neck is going to get sore if he sleeps like that the whole time,' Siwan thought worried.

He sat up and looked at Heechul who he saw was currently in a heated card game with Minwoo then looked back at Kwanghee. Sighing he took a airplane pillow, put it on his shoulder, and pulled Kwanghee's head down so it was resting comfortably on the pillow on his shoulder. Then Siwan went back to reading his magazine with a peace of mind.

 

Heechul and Minwoo

"Hey hyung I'm bored you wanna play a card game with me?" Minwoo asked Heechul pulling out a deck of cards from his bag.

"Sure, what game do you want to play?" Heechul asked turning to face Minwoo more.

"Um how about Speed? Do you know how to play that hyung?" Minwoo asked as he shuffled the cards and started to deal them out.

"Yeah I know how to play," Heechul said picking up his cards. "Come on lets start. Ready one two three go!"

After a few minutes Heechul put down his last card.

"Speed! Yeah I won!" Heechul cheered smiling victoriously.

"Aw I lost," Minwoo said pouting.

"Don't worry this game is all luck come on lets play again I'm sure you can win this time," Heechul said encouragingly.

Half an hour and five or six games later things were not looking up for Minwoo who hadn't managed to get any wins yet.

"Ah I just can't seem to win," Minwoo said sulking then his face suddenly brightened. "Hmm hyung why don't we make this a little more interesting and make a bet?"

"Sure what's the bet going to be?" Heechul asked agreeing right away.

"If you win then I'll give you $100 to spend on the trip," Minwoo stated, "But if I win then you have to room with me at the hotel."

"Sounds good to me," Heechul agreed smiling over-confidently.

The game began and in a matter of minutes Minwoo lay his last card down on the pile.

"Yay I won that means you have to room with me at the hotel!" Minwoo cheered. Heechul stared at him in disbelief.

"How did you get so good all of a sudden?" Heechul asked astonished. Then the light bulb in his head . "Yah Ha Minwoo did you just hustle me!"

"I have no idea what you're talking about hyung," Minwoo replied innocently.

"YAH MINWOO-AH," Heechul exclaimed angrily.

"Keep it down you two you're disturbing the other people on the plane," Junyoung sternly whispered making sure not to wake Dongjun up.

"Sorry hyung," They both said in unison.

"Evil dongsaeng," Heechul grumbled leaning back in his chair.

 

Kevin and Hyungshik

Kevin watched amused as Hyungshik stuffed snacks into his mouth apparently still hungry after their airplane meal about five minutes ago.

"Are you planning on eating the whole way there Shik?" Kevin joked playfully.

"Of course not hyung then I would run out of snacks," Hyungshik replied smiling. "Hmm but I don't know what else to do."

"Why don't you listen to your ipod," Kevin suggested.

"Oh good idea," Hyungshik said. He put away the snacks he was eating and started to search for his ipod in his bag. Suddenly he paused. "Ah I packed in my suitcase! Now I really don't have anything to do."

"Well you can listen to my ipod with me if you want," Kevin said holding out one of his earbuds to Hyungshik.

"Really? Thanks hyung," Hyungshik said smiling gratefully and putting the earbud into his ear.

Kevin turned his ipod, put it on shuffle, leaned back in his chair, and closed his eyes. About five or ten minutes later he felt something heavy on his shoulder and opened his eyes.

"Hyungshik?" He turned his head to the side and discovered that Hyungshik had fallen asleep.

He smiled gently at him and brushed some of his hair out off his face so he could marvel over the second maknae's cute sleeping face. Then Kevin leaned back and closed his eyes again.

-

The flight went by faster than they thought it would and soon they heard the loud speaker announce, "We will be landing in Honolulu, Hawaii shortly so I would like to ask all of you to please put your trays up and return your seats back to their upright position."

 

 

hustle: to cheat; swindle

in case anyone doesn't know the rules of speed: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_%28ca rd_game%29