First day of school is always the same.

"Because I know we're fated."

Infinite - 하얀고백

 

“Now you listen here. We know what time your classes finish so we expect you to return straight to your dorm after classes end. The latest you can reach back to your dorm is half an hour after you are released. No unnecessary hang outs especially with guys, no flirting, no truancy, no buts and pay attention in class. We will be having the teachers monitoring you very closely. Period.”

 

A tall man spoke so loudly that he was gaining a lot of attention. “I don’t like the looks of them.” He narrowed his eyes, making some of them turn their heads away. “It’s for the best. Understand Song Jaein?” His tone was dead serious.

 

Jaein nodded attentively at the man who was wearing a freshly-ironed neat suit with a navy blue tie. “You abide by these rules and you’ll be safe. Arasso?” A woman with shoulder length hair who looked in her forties straightened Jaein’s collar and smiled.

 

Jaein turned to look at the large iron gates which were in front of her. The school name which was grandly engraved onto the metal, hung above the iron gate. ‘So this is where I’m going to be studying at? Well, it’s no surprise. Appa and omma always wants the best out of me.’ She mused.

 

“Hwaiting.” Jaein uttered under her breath. She took a small step towards the entrance and another and then another until gradually, her steps became an even pace. The student leaders ushered Jaein to the main venue of the event.

 

As Jaein proceeded to the venue, she couldn’t help but gawk in amazement. At the centre of the school premises, which looked like a free area, sat an extremely big fountain where the water sparkled under the bright gleaming sun rays.

 

Following the orders as instructed, Jaein went inside the school hall where all the new students gathered. The hall had numerous large windows, a big glass door that stretched from one end to the other and a big brightly-lid stage. Chairs were arranged neatly in rows and the atmosphere was serious yet lively.

 

After several minutes, the hall was already filled up, both with seniors and juniors and there were loads of whispering and mumblings. Everyone was waiting for the guest of honour to arrive. Jaein was playing with her fingers as she swung her legs back and forth.

 

A lady with round-rimmed glasses greeted the audience as she started the ceremony by giving a formal speech. She introduced the staff members and elaborated on how pleased they were with the amount of students who administrated this year. The microphone was then passed on to a man who looked slightly older than her.

 

By then, everyone in the hall, including the juniors, was starting to get restless, except for Jaein though. She was probably used to it because her previous school usually had longer speeches. The speech went on for a while and then it finally ended.

 

“In closing, I extend my congratulations and best wishes to everyone associated with the school. I have strong beliefs that one day this school will strive to be the best out of the many. Thank you.”

 

Everyone clapped loudly, but the applause was mainly because the students were glad that the boring speech was over. The students were released and everyone started to disperse. Jaein stood up and walked over to wherever the crowd was heading to. She was in amidst a sea of people when her elbow knocked onto a girl.

“Sorry!” she bowed.

 

To avoid any more accidents, Jaein squeezed her way out pass the tall students. ‘I’m lost.’ She glanced everywhere, pouting, desperate to ask for help. Jaein was about to walk off when she accidentally stepped on something.


 

As usual, if any of you kind souls don't mind:

CommentandSubscribe

xoxo.