Chapter 6: Ending Sunshine

Everlasting Sunshine

 

 

Jimin woke up by the feeling of faint rain drizzling on his face and Hoseok who that shifted a little. Jimin was cold and the still burning fire before him didn't help at all. Jimin opened his eyes with almost no energy to keep them open. 

''I'm sorry I didn't mean to wake you up.'' Jimin heard Hoseok apologize. Jimin sat up and rubbed his eyes. The blanket the three boys were sitting on was a little humid and Jimin wondered how long the fire would last. Taehyung started talking to Jimin about how fun the trip to this camp was. They were picked up by a Jeep as soon as Jin called. 

Jimin really hoped it would be good weather this camp, but when he looked at the dark clouds hovering in the sky, he knew tomorrow wasn't getting any better. 

''It was really fun! I flew like 5 times in the air and I was glad they had seatbelts!'' Jimin laughed at Taehyungs explanation and could imagine how it would've looked. 

''Now you have to tell us how it was with Yoongi-ssi.'' Hoseok stated, not bothering to turn his sentence into a question. Meanwhile little bowls with noodles and meat were handed out to the students. Dinner was a little late today, but Jimin wasn't really that hungry. He stared at Yoongi sitting on the other side of the fire next to Jin. Jin told a story and used wide non-verbal actions so Jimin knew he was talking about the Jeep ride. Yoongi was wearing an oversized black sweater. He seemed like the kind of guy to wear leather jackets on normal days, but didn't give a in vacations and free days. Yoongi looked up and caught Jimins staring gaze at him. Jimin was a little shocked and looked immediately down feeling his cheeks burning the color red. 

A few moments later Jimin broke out of his daze and  started telling his story to Taehyung and Hoseok from the moment they fell down, but just as Yoongi leaving some parts out. For example that he tripped in the water and Yoongi being scared of thunder. Jimin secretly thought it was cute that badboy Yoongi was terrified of thunder. 

''He isn't so bad after all.'' Jimin concluded. 

---

 

The next day was just as bad as Jimin expected it to be. It was raining and the camp staff handed out raincoats.

Jimin was really tired, because in the night the three boys from team 7 sneaked out of their tent to join team 5. Jimin was really surprised to see Yoongi agreed to come as well. Stating it was too cold to sleep alone. They played card games and Jimin was really happy to see Yoongi smile. It was a beautiful smile. Silent with a small chuckle at the end. Also his teeth were showing every time a chuckle left his mouth.  After all the wrist of the boys were sore from the punishments, Yoongi bragged over that one time he caught a fish almost as big as himself and Seokjin about how he cooked it really nice, the 7 boys fell asleep. 

The next morning Jimin woke up laying against Yoongi and couldn't help but smile. His face was really close to his face. Normally Jimin hated it if he could feel Taehyungs or Hoseoks breathing on his face, but something allowed Yoongi. Am I starting to get creepy? Jimin asked himself confused. He thought sleeping Yoongi was adorable. I'm really creepy! Jimin sat up in shock, confused by the itching feeling in his stomach. By jerking up really fast he knocked Hoseok off his lap and bumped into Yoongi. Causing all the 6 remaining boys to wake up, grunting and complaining. A second later the camp staff were slamming metal pans to each other, to create a clattering sound. 

After breakfast the camp staff managed to gather everyone for an announcement. This time it wasn't Geonwu who explained the coming activity but the women Byeol that picked up Yoongi and Jimin with a boat yesterday. 

''We know it is raining.'' She began speaking.

''We had a surprise route back to the camp, and although it isn't as fun with rain... We decided to do the activity with rain or not. To get to the activity we will bring you with the Jeep cars.''

''Yess!!!'' Taehyung screamed next to Jimin.

''Jimin you're gonna love it!''

---

 

Jimin sat in between Yoongi and Jungkook. In the front sat an exciting Taehyung who was ready to scream from joy. 

''You ready guys?'' The guy behind the steering wheel asked. Jimin guessed he was in his thirties, probably just came back form the army displaying on his muscles, and short haircut. He started the Jeep and Taehyung gave an unmanly squeak. 

''The roads are a little muddy, so at some times I have to slow down. In cause we don't want to slip.'' 

Yoongi shuffled uncomfortable next to Jimin, but before Jimin could mutter encouraging sentences the drive started. The first curve resulted Jimin to bump into Jungkook, and Yoongi into Jimin. After that Jimin flew into the air when the Jeep hit a bump in the muddy road. He could hear the screeching tires and saw mud splash on the windows, but the rain washed it of seconds later. They also slipped a few times. Both Yoongi and Jungkook fragrantly grabbing Jimin. Taehyung however gave the best reactions. Every time he screamed the driver laughed at him. After some time they arrived at the destination and Jimin could already guess the next activity. He saw a zip line through the threes heading down the mountain over the lake. 

''Hell no...'' Taehyung muttered. The enjoyment form earlier completely washed off his face. The Jeep stopped and the four boys stepped out into the rain. Jimin quickly adjusted his yellow plastic rain poncho. He was a little wobbling on his feet. He walked towards Taehyung. ''It's gonna be totally fine. Really don't worry.'' Jimin was saying to the boy with fear of heights. A couple meters further Seokjin was doing the same to Namjoon. 

''Taehyung it's okay, I'll go first so you can see it's totally save.'' Taehyung nodded. The activity was shortly explained since it spoke for itself. Jimin pulled the gear over his plastic rain bag and watched Taehyung being helped by one of the instructors. Jimin couldn't really reach his behind and struggled. Suddenly he felt two veined hands helping him. He looked behind and saw Yoongi deficient smiling at him. 

''Stay still for a moment.'' He softly said while strapping the gear securely around Jimins legs. 

''Thank you.''

''Taehyung is having a hard time?'' Yoongi asked. Jimin nodded while he helped Yoongi this time. 

''He has fear of heights...''

After all the students were done strapping on the gear they headed outside to the line. Another short explanation was held and safety measures were explained. The first students were sealed to the zip line and jumped down the mountain. It was still raining and it didn't seem like it would end soon. 

Taehyung was behind Jimin.

''Promise me to be the first person I see down there.'' Taehyung tried to joke, but his fear made his voice tremble and it came out more serious then intended. 

''I promise.'' Jimin smiled. Intertwining his pinky with Taehyungs. 

''But an instructor is probably the first in your sight since he has to help you down the line.'' Jimin joked back.

''Good luck.'' Yoongi dramatically said. 

 

In the end Yoongi wished they didn't joke that much, and stared at Jimin stepping closer to the edge. Ready to jump and letting his life depend on the secure line of stale towards the ground. 

Jimin gasped at the sight before him. The blue lake below, the dark clouds above and the rocks on his side and after he jumped the stones would watch him go down. The secret was enjoying this. He looked behind and watched his two best friends. Both a little shivering from fear and cold. 

Jimin heard the instructor scream ''Jump!'' and Jimin jumped... He guessed...

After that Jimin didn't remember a single thing. 

 

---

His vision was blurred white around the edges, Clouds?

His head felt like stuffed with cotton. He couldn't move... Who was he? 

'I'm Jimin... Park Jimin...' Right? He tried to move again. This time he finally could feel his body. 

Is this how death feels like? 

Sounds started to invade. It wasn't raining anymore. Jimin felt a prickling sensation in his fingers when the feel started to come back. He lungs strained against his ribcage.

 'I'm so tired...'

Jimin opened his eyes. He immediately regretted it, and closed his eyes quickly. He tried again and stared at his feet situated under white covers. He was laying on a bed. Jimin felt a cold breeze piercing through his hospital room and noticed the open window. The sky was grey-white from the clouds, but as expected it wasn't raining. It also was in the middle of the day. 


'I'm alone...' He closed his eyes again. At this moment Jimin was too exhausted to think about how he ended up here. After hours Jimin woke up again. For Jimin it only felt like 1 second. This time his mother was sitting next to him. She was reading a magazine, while sipping on tea in a paper cup. She heard Jimin rustling and looked up at him. She was smiling, but Jimin saw tears in the corners of her eyes. It took minutes before she finally said something, and Jimin didn't even process the whole thing. 

''Good evening darling.'' She softly said. A nurse walked in followed by - What Jimin assumed- a doctor. 

''Looks like you woke up.'' The man smiled. He was bald and had a huge birthmark on his cheek below his right eye. 

''You only was asleep for three days, so don't worry.''

'Three days?'

''They transferred you yesterday to the closest hospital at home.'' His mother now said to Jimin. 

'Where are his friends?' Jimin swallowed. His throat was dry.

''You probably don't remember anything. It's how the human brain processes state of shock.'' The man in the white coat explained. Jimin already knew that.

'What the happened?'

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Confusing as ! I'm sorry hehehehe

Everything will be explained next chapter. Well it probably seems obvious what happened. 

Btw I'm slowly editing some of the earlier chapters, but not much changes. This chapter probably will be edited later on too. 

This chaper title is sooo dramatic hahahaha *kills mosquito* sign summer...

 

Thanks for reading! Last time I accidently disabled the comments, and I don't know if it still is....