Chapter 5: Just the two of us,

Everlasting Sunshine

 

 

I changed some lines / sentences(not much) from the previous chapters, so if it is confusing please reread the previous chapters.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

''Are you really okay?'' Jimin asked when he saw Yoongi limping. Half an hour ago it didn't seem so bad.

''It's fine if I just rest a little.'' Yoongi sat down and let out a sigh. Jimin looked at him worried. His ankle was probably still hurting from the fall.

''Thank you.'' Jimin said softly.

''For what?''

''You tried to save me... Although you actually didn't really save me, You still got hurt because of me.''

''This isn't you're fault.'' Yoongi said pointing at his ankle. 

''And don't thank me. Like you said I didn't succeed in saving you.''


You actually aren't so bad. Jimin saw Yoongi staring at him with a strange expression.

''I said that out loud didn't I?'' Yoongi nodded.

''Thank you... I guess.'' Jimin you  made it awkward. He thought.

''Ehh... Let's get going.'' He stood up and Yoongi followed him. They walked further into the woods, and if they didn't have the compass they would be miserable lost.

 

After another hour Jimin clearly saw that Yoongi was in pain. With every step he bit his lip and clenched his fists. Jimin walked over to him and swung one of Yoongi's arms over his shoulders. Yoongi tried to complain, but Jimin cut him off.

''Please let me help you. I already know you hate to give up and if I brought my cell phone I probably would've already called someone. So we are in this together.'' 

Yoongi mumbled something but Jimin didn't hear it. 

 

''I heard from Namjoon hyung you are an underground rapper.'' Yoongi shot up when he heard Jimin.

''... I was. Last year I quit. Focusing on my studies to become a real producer...''

''What's so different about being a producer and writing song lyrics?'' 

Yoongi opened his mouth to explain the difference when he felt a raindrop on his nose. 

''Jimin-ah? What time is it?'' Yoongi asked breaking the conversation. 

''Eehh, we left around 10 and we've walking for about four hours now... so around 2pm I guess.'' It wasn't supposed to be this dark in the middle of the day. The air felt stuffy and it was very quiet. 

''A storm is coming...'' Yoongi announced. Jimin shoved some plants away and before them the big lake was stretched out in front of then. Jimin nodded when he heard Yoongi. 

''We have to find cover. It's not save between the threes and the big lake in front of us.'' The wind became stronger and it was obvious raining. The boys heard thunder approaching from the distance. Just when Jimin wanted to become frustrated he saw in the lake a little island full of rocks with an opening in one of them. 

Jimin pointed at the island and Yoongi nodded he saw the same hideout. There was only one problem. To reach the island they had to swim a couple meters. It wasn't that big of a deal, but Jimin was afraid of how deep it was. 

''We have to swim now, because when the thunder is nearby it will be really dangerous.'' Jimin nodded and he let go of Yoongi. He was limping towards the water and started wading towards the island. He held his backpack over his head and Jimin hoped his own backpack was waterproof.

''Are you coming or not!'' Yoongi yelled over the pouring rain. Jimin breathed in and stepped into the water. He was surprised the lake wasn't so cold. He looked up and saw that Yoongi was in the water up till his chin. His own feet where sopping into his shoes. He was glad he wore old shoes, beacuse after this they would be totally ruined. 

''Are you still feeling the bottom!'' Jimin screamed but his voice drowned into the sound of rain and approaching thunder so Yoongi didn't hear him. Jimin tried to wade his way towards Yoongi, but he didn't feel the huge gab was under his feet and he tripped into the water. Jimin gasped a last breath and fell under the water. 

The water that felt warm moments ago suddenly felt really cold.

 

 Stay calm... Swim... Stay calm...

 

Jimin started to panic when he didn't know how to reach the surface. He slapped around with his arms and legs but with no success. At that moment he felt a hand grabbing his collar and pulled him up. Jimin immediately gasped for air when he came up. He figured it was Yoongi who grabbed his shirt. He didn't let Jimin go till they reached the island and Yoongi pushed him into the cave. Jimin coughed and Yoongi fell down tired next to him.

''You idiot!'' Yoongi managed to pant out.

''Why didn't you saw you couldn't swim!'' Jimin saw the anger in his eyes and Jimin looked down guilty. They were silent for a while. They sat across each other with their backs against the cold rocks. The thunder that was once distant was now really close and with every thunder Jimin saw Yoongi flinch. Yoongi grabbed his legs and rested his face on top of them to hide his face. Jimin stared outside and saw the lighting struck one of the threes. That's when he heard sniffing. 

''Yoongi-ssi?'' Jimin asked subtle. Is he crying?

''Yoongi-ssi, are you okay?'' Yoongi didn't respond, but Jimin got his answer when the thunder yelled loud through the silence of the rain. Jimin scooted over to Yoongi and pulled him close. He didn't know how to comfort someone who was afraid of thunder since his parents never comforted him when he was scared. As a child he learned how to comfort himself and that it was nice to sleep with thunder. 

''Ssst, It's okay. Pay attention to your heartbeat. Don't listen to the thunder.'' Jimin kept his arms around Yoongi until he finally relaxed. He didn't judge Yoongi since he was an adult that couldn't swim. They didn't speak. They just sat next to each other until the thunder was finally over. Yoongi's eyes were still a little puffy and Jimin was shivering. He still felt the cold from the water. It was only raining and Yoongi shuffled uncomfortable.

''I'm sorry you had to see that.'' Yoongi coughed slightly embarrassed. ''But thank you...''

''I'll just say we don't have a debt to each other.'' Jimin said recalling his almost drowning experience from earlier.

''You now know one of my biggest secrets.'' Yoongi laughed. 

''I won't tell anyone.'' Jimin smiled back. ''But you have to help me back to shore.''

''Why didn't you learn how to swim?'' Yoongi asked.

''My parents never learned me, and now I'm a little too old for lessons and it's not like I need to swim everyday.'' Yoongi nodded understanding at Jimins explanation.

''Why actually are you here? Earlier you said you had no choice.'' Jimin was still shivering and Yoongi tried subtly to scoot a little closer.

''Temporarily I live with Jin hyung.'' He was silent for a moment before he continued.

''My parents kicked me out when I told them I didn't have a preference of gender, and that my first kiss was with a boy. Jin really wanted to go on summer camp, and didn't trust me alone since a was a total wreck for more then a week.'' 

''Is that the reason for your bad mood yesterday?'' With that question Yoongi nodded. Jimin sighed and leaned against Yoongi. All his clothes in his backpack where wet, and he didn't have another idea to get warmth. At that moment Jimin heard a ringing sound and looked confused at Yoongi.

Yoongi searched in his pocket and pulled out a device.

''You had an phone!'' Jimin yelled. 

''Will you please shut up.'' Yoongi said when he pushed the green button and brought his phone to his ear.

''Hello?'' ....

''No, we're safe.'' ....

''Actually we're in the lake right now on a island.'' ....

Jimin watched when Yoongi mumbled a small ''Wait a second.'' and grabbed the map. The thing was soaking wet and the sides where ripped. Yoongi gave the coordinates of their current whereabouts and Jimin figured he was talking to one of the camp staff.

He hung up after he reassured they we're fine and only soaked. Jimin gave him an angry glare.

''You had an phone, you could've called and not walk on that ankle for hours.''

''We could've called when Jin hyung asked us. This storm was a little more serious then a sprained ankle. And in the end I didn't call. They called us. Either way they arrive with a boat within an half hour.''

After 30 minutes the boat arrived. Those fifteen minutes where spend with Yoongi talking about his passion for music and Jimin talked about how he met his friends Hoseok and Taehyung. He left the kleptomania part out. Yoongi probably would be pissed if he knew his teammate was stealing his stuff. Also he discussed different dance styles and that Hoseok won a couple underground battles. Jimin was too shy to participate, but he loved to prepare for a battle with Hoseok. The raining stopped and the birds returned. It was as if the storm never occurred, Jimin was surprised with how fast it was over. 

Yoongi helped Jimin step into to boat and some of the staff gave them blankets and warming pads. The staff announced that they were the last team they picked up. They actually weren't an official team. Byeol(One of the staff women) said team 5 and 7 where picked up with a car. In fact Yoongi and Jimin where the only (not official) team that didn't call, and they became worried. 

''I'm glad both of you are fine.'' She sighed.

 

---

 

When Yoongi and Jimin arrived both team 5 and 7 ran towards them. Taehyung and Hoseok pulled Jimin into a hug and didn't care they became wet from Jimins soaking wet clothes. 

''I was so worried!'' Jin sighed in relieve. 

''I should've called when the both of you fell down.''

''Don't feel guilty we are safe now, and nothing did happen.'' Yoongi off course left the drowning and sprained ankle part out, but when he limped towards the prepared fire in the middle of the camp Jin pulled him towards one of the staff to get his ankle aided. 

''Jimin you need some dry clothes you're going to get sick.'' His two best friends led him towards the tent for Team 5 and Taehyung gave him a dry hoodie and jogging pants. Jimin suddenly felt really tired and when Taehyung, Hoseok and he himself sat down on a blanket next to the fire he fell asleep on Hoseok lap. The last thing he saw was Yoongi smiling at him before he closed his eyes and Jimin felt a warm feeling spreading in his petit body. 

Just as Jimin slept he didn't know how unlucky he would be the next day. This whole camp was bound of little accidents and the next day was no exception. 

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 


I have to admit... I had an ending in my head, but I completely drifted from the original plot. And instead of a summer camp au it probably will be more of a college au. I keep the name because I have a great idea for the title to come back. 

Hope you look forward to the next chapters! Thank you for reading!