Chapter 3: The game is on

Everlasting Sunshine

Just like expected their team totally at cooking. They tried but failed. It began with the collecting of the ingredients. They hadn't even decided what to make and they had to rush and grab 5 important ingredients. They ended up with rice, onions, some kind of noodle flavor powder, fish and various vegetables in a bowl. 

''I really hate seafood! Why did you grab the fish Jungkook!'' Namjoon complained.

''I just like fish...'' Jungkook shrugged. 

''Guys... What are we making out of these.'' Jimin said stopping the banter and pointing at the ingredients. 

''I suggest we combine them all.'' It was not Taehyungs greatest idea, but neither of them were high praised chef's.  

Some other teams already started making their dinners. A girl team managed to grab potatoes and it already smelled delicious. Every team received a cooker with basic cooking utensils. The boys started cooking and burned the fish. 

''I don't like fish anyway.'' Namjoon said relieved. Jungkook coughed when he inhaled some of the black smoke coming from the frying pan. He threw the fish on their table used for cooking. 

''We can still use the pieces that aren't burned.'' Jimin sniffed when he cut the fish to smaller pieces. 

''I don't like fish either.'' He admitted and was glad most of it was burned. They ended with the most disgusting looking dish on the table. 

''I ain't eating this.'' Jungkook said criticizing their meal. Jimin looked for Hoseoks team and saw they didn't even try. They weren't cooking at all and didn't even grab ingredients. When Jimin made eye contact with Hoseok he saw they boy heading his way. 

''What the hell is this?!'' Hoseok screamed and laughed when he saw the stinking mess on the plate. 

''Don't judge our dish when you didn't even try cooking in the first place!'' Jimin backfired.

''I already predicted this would happen. I mean you two are black holes in cooking.'' Hoseok laughed. ''Don't worry we also ordered pizza for you guys. I already had a feeling this wouldn't end well.'' Hoseok knew them too well.

''You cheater!'' Taehyung fist bumped Hoseok. 

''Not my idea. It was the idea from Yoongi-ssi.'' Hoseok admitted.

''He said he was to lazy to cook and we would end up failing. You should've seen Jin hyung's face! Totally hurt by his comment. I bet Jin hyung can cook really good, but Yoongi-ssi wouldn't let him.'' 

Someone coughed and the five boys turned their head. They saw Geonwu standing with another person. The woman was wearing the same plain T-shirt as Geonwu. The camp-shirt for staff. The shirt didn't look flattering on the woman at all. She and Geonwu were the judges. Jimin already felt sorry for them. Namjoon explained their dish and Geonwu already stared disgusted at the full plate. He tried to keep his smile but when he and the woman next to him tried the dish Jimin saw the smile slipping from Geonwu's face. 

''Boys, please tell me you also ordered pizza.'' Geonwu commented. 

''Already did.'' Hoseok laughed like the angel he was with devil ears. All boys knew they were disqualified for the competition. Geonwu even made a comment that if the participated in the competition with this dish they would end up with minus points.  

 

The eight boys were sitting in an circle eating the pizza they ordered. Jimin thought it was a little weird sitting with people he barely knew. Luckily Taehyung and Hoseok were next to him. They received zero points on the first day, but the two teams didn't really mind. A girl team had won and they were on top of the chart for now. Team 5 and 6 were the lowest, but they weren't the only ones that ordered food. They spotted team 4 eating Chinese takeaway food. 

''Honesby I already bave up the boment I heawd we could win someving.'' Namjoon mumbled talking with a whole slice of pizza in his mouth. 

''This is way better then my cooking.'' Hansoo smiled when he bit a piece of the pizza with his theeth. He was the other guy from Hoseoks team and was totally pleased with the idea of ordering pizza. Jimin stared at Yoongi sitting across of him. The guy hadn't said a word. Seokjin who was sitting next to him was talking to him, but he only got simple gestures back. Almost waving Seokjin off. 

''You have no reason to go home Hobi hyung. You still have plenty of time with us. Even when we're not supposed to do activities together!'' Taehyung smiled and Hoseok nodded. They finished their pizza and played rock paper scissors to decide who had to clean up. Yoongi already left and Jimin thought he was an for that. Jimin lost and had to clean up together with Namjoon who also lost. 

''You know, I used to know Yoongi hyung.'' Namjoon dropped the empty pizza boxes into a trash bag. The other six boys already left. They had free time for the moment and later in the evening a night activity was on the program. Most of the other teams were also cleaning up. 

''We both performed in the underground rapper scene. I don't know if Yoongi is still doing it.'' A rapper? Now that Jimin thought about it his image was kind of like a rapper.

''You totally think he is a big don't you?'' Jimin nodded. He didn't want to be mean, but even if Yoongi had passion for music he still despised him. 

''I saw you looking at him. I want to tell you that you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover. Hyung can be kind, but he is just bad at showing that side of him.'' 

Jimin picked up the empty bottles from the ground.

''I think I have to see for myself then.'' Jimin responded.

''Ah Namjoon-ssi! You're supposed to clean up!'' Jimin complained when he saw Namjoon looking at some girls picking up trash from the ground. Total ert he was. 

''Don't tell me you weren't looking either!'' 

''Actually... I-I'm-''

''See don't lie to me, and call me hyung.'' Namjoon laughed cutting his sentence off. It's better if I don't tell him. It can make things awkward between us. Jimin thought.

---

The two boys finished cleaning up and started heading back to their cabin. The boys saw Taehyung and Jungkook sitting on a blanket in front of the cabin. Both we're playing a card game. It was probably too hot inside the cabin. Jimin noticed all of the teams were sitting outside. Minus the teams still cleaning up. He also saw team 7 lying in front of their cabin. Hoseok was writing in his journal while listening to music. Yoongi and Seokjin were sleeping next to him. Hansoo however was not in sight.

''I lost again! How is this possible!'' Taehyung screamed in disbelief. 

''When I'm playing against Jimin I win all the time!'' 

''Hey! Don't lie! I've beat you a couple of times!'' Jimin protested at Taehyungs statement. 

The sky was becoming slightly purple with pink and Jimin guessed it was around 10 in the evening. Most of the sun already set. It also was becoming colder and Jimin decided to put on a hoodie, later he would just pull his camp-shirt over the sweater. It was just a little bit oversized anyway. He still was wearing shorts because the air was still oppressed from the heat this afternoon. Also this was the time mosquitos decided to appear. Great to be close to the lake. The 4 boys that were sitting on the blanket became annoyed. Jimin slapped one of the irritating bugs dead on Taehyungs arm and the boy yelped in surprise. That was the moment the camp staff came by to give everyone a lemon candle and a lemon stick to keep the flying Satans away. Also they explained everyone was expected around 11 by the main cabin for an evening activity. 

 

When the time came around and the boys played card games for the next hour they headed towards the main cabin. Hoseok had joined them on the way complaining how Yoongi cursed at him when Hoseok woke him up. Jimin felt sorry for Hoseok, but he couldn't really say anything because Yoongi was older then him. They arrived at the main cabin this time they weren't late. It was already dark and Jimin had to squint his eyes to see Geonwu with the other camp staff. 

''Let me explain the evening game.'' Geonwu started.

''We hid glow sticks around the place. The game is simple: The team with the most glow sticks wins, but we cannot afford to lose a person so each team member will be tied together with a red ribbon. This is also a segment of the bonding part of the camp. Good luck!''

All teams got a red ribbon and tied their wrists together they also got one flashlight. 

''If the ribbon breaks you're disqualified.'' Geonwu added.

Jimin was tied as the third person. He was tied to Taehyung and Namjoon who was the last person. The first person was Jungkook and he was holding the flashlight. 

''I feel like we're back in kindergarten.'' Jimin said when he thought about his four year old self that had to hold a ribbon to not lose his classmates. Jimin eyed Hoseok and saw him mouthing something inaudible what seemed like: You're going down. Even Yoongi's eyes we're full of desire to win. That's new. Jimin chuckled.

''1... 2... 3, START!'' Geonwu shouted trough a speaker and all the 8 teams started running off. Including team 5. It was hard in the beginning to move all in the same tempo. Jungkook was really fast and Namjoon not so much. They eventually found their balance and began searching for the glow sticks. Jimin found one in a tree and it was really hard getting it out with four persons tied together. Jungkook eventually got it while sitting on Taehyungs shoulders. Jimin was the guy who helped Jungkook find his balance.

one.

Taehyung spotted a green one over a fence. They climbed over the obstacle but when Jimin jumped over the top he felt his leg scrape over the steel dreads. He hissed in pain, but it was worth it.

two.

They found glow sticks on the ground in bushes and they noticed other teams we're also doing well. Two times their ribbon was almost ripped, but it survived in the end. Just when they we're about to grab their ninth glow stick when they heard a flute. Signaling to come back to the main cabin. When the four boys arrived back they weren't the only ones looking bewildered. Jimin even plucked some pieces of wood out of Namjoons hair and noticed his own leg was stained with dried blood. Jimin didn't noticed the sting until now when he was resting a bit. They had run all over the place and were death tired. Team 5 gave the number of glow sticks when they arrived and waited in the crowd for the other teams to come back. 

''I think you should get some first aid after all the teams are back.'' Taehyung said staring worried at Jimins leg. They we're finally free from their teammates and Jimin was glad he could walk on his own again without begin held back by the other persons. 

''Nothing I can't handle.'' Jimin signed. But it could get infected. So Jimin decided to get first aid after they heard who had won this activity. Team 7 was the last one to arrive.

''Wow! They have 10 glow sticks!'' Taehyung signed in frustration. ''I wanted to beat them!'' 

''We still have more activities. I'm sure we win the next round against them.'' Jungkook said cheering Taehyung up. Jimin however saw Hoseok mischievous laughing at him when they ended up third place on the chart. Team 5 was one below. 

''At least we're not last anymore.'' Namjoon cheered. After all the teams we're dismissed Taehyung and Jimin headed towards Hoseok. 

''Ha! We're above you guys!'' Hoseok chanted. 

''You should've seen Jin hyung! We're a really good match. Even Yoongi-ssi did his best! Can you believe that!'' 

Taehyung gave Jimin a silent glare telling him to go on to get first aid. It's not first aid anymore since the injury happened an hour ago.

''Aye if we had one more glow stick we would've ended same place. Jimin you should probably get that first aid.'' Jimin nodded and left his two best friends and one with a look of question on his face. Jimin walked towards the main cabin and opened the door. He noticed that Yoongi was sitting on a chair with an grumpy look on his face. 


What was Yoongi doing here?

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

A bit late, but HAPPY THIRD ANNIVERSARY BTS!

Damn it is late... I really wanted to finish this chapter today and look it's six minutes before midnight! I don't have school tomorrow anyway, but I will hear tomorrow if I graduated or not. I'm really nervous. If I failed I probably won't update for a while, so keep that in consideration.

Also hope you liked this chapter!

Thanks for reading!