Chapter 4: Worries

Everlasting Sunshine

What was Yoongi doing here?

Jimin walked awkwardly past Yoongi. As soon as Jimin wanted to ask why Yoongi was staring at him and said:

''It's none of your concern.'' Jimin closed his mouth immediately and saw a girl a little older approach him. She was one of the staff. Jimin explained what happened and she started cleaning the scratch. Jimin clenched his teeth and was staring with a pained expression at Yoongi when the girl poured alcohol over the wound. Yoongi noticed Jimin was staring at him, stood up and walked away.

Strange... Jimin thought.

After the girl was done Jimin thanked her and exited the cabin. When he was outside their was no sign of Hoseok and Taehyung. They probably went back to their own cabin. Jimin was surprised he felt really tired. Normally he could stay up until 4 AM and play games with Hoseok or Taehyung. It was a bright night and Jimin stared up to see more then million stars. His grandmother always told him if he misses a certain someone to stare at the stars. Then the other person would stare at the same stars and somehow feel the presence of that someone. Later Jimin would stare up to the sky to see his grandmother become one of the stars. After she died Jimin moved back with his parents. At that time he was seven. 

Jimin entered his his cabin and saw everyone was already sleeping. Namjoon was snoring really loud and Jungkook didn't move at all. Jimin was too tired to brush his teeth so he went straight to bed. In the process of changing into his pajamas' Taehyung woke up. He blinked a few times and looked up at Jimin. 

''You okay?'' Taehyung asked. His voice a little raspy from sleep.

''Yes, nothing to worry about.'' Jimin started climbing on his bed and a few seconds later Taehyung was sitting next to him. 

''What's wrong?'' Jimin asked staring at the younger boy next to him. It wasn't unusual the boy wanted to sleep next to him, but somehow Taehyung had a worried expression. 

''You know... Yoongi was at the main cabin earlier.'' Jimin whispered not to wake the other boys when Taehyung didn't answer his question.

''Did something happen?'' He added. Taehyung was talking to Hoseok earlier, maybe Hoseok told Taehyung something.

''Hoseokie hyung didn't tell me anything about Yoongi-ssi. He did tell me-'' Taehyung cut of his sentence.

''What did he tell you?'' 

''He stole the last glow stick. He actually stole more then one. He also wasn't aware of it.'' Jimin was silent for awhile. 

''You think it is because he isn't with us.''

''I don't think so, but it could be a possibility. I mean he is the social person out of us three.''

''Maybe we are worrying for nothing and he just wanted to win.'' Jimin shrugged his shoulders. Kleptomania was a strange thing. Hoseok also had no control over it. If he felt bad he would steal more, but it was never hate related. Jimin met Hoseok when he was 12 and tried to steal his sweater. Hoseok was Taehyungs neighbor. Jimin was at the time already friends with Taehyung for almost a year. They went to the same school. The two boys were the outcasts of their class and that was the main reason for their friendship. Eventually they became real friends when they started to know each other. They were playing in the garden when Taehyung saved Jimins sweater from Hoseok. And like the children they were a huge fight started. Jimin made a scratch on his nose when he slapped Taehyung. As defense Hoseok pushed Jimin into thorns. Taehyung mother saw the fight and ran like an angry gorilla outside to save her son and the poor boy painful laying in thorns. Luckily she was a former nurse. After Taehyungs mother was done aiding Jimins wounds she forced the boys to apologize. Taehyung and Jimin were standing timid in front of Hoseoks house. After a few seconds Hoseok opened the door. The scratch on Hoseoks nose was now covered with a white Band-Aid. 

''I'm sorry.'' Hoseok was the first one to apologize staring at the ground in shame. 

''It's okay. I'm sorry for that scratch.'' Jimin then gave his sweater to Hoseok.

''You can have it.'' Jimin smiled and Hoseok gladly accepted the sweater. 

''Want to come inside?'' 

And that's how their friendship started. 

 

Taehyung placed his head on Jimin pillow. 

''We could've been higher in the chart.'' Jimin muttered. 

''Winning isn't everything.'' Taehyung closed his eyes.

''Yeah, but I sacrificed my leg.'' Jimin placed his head next to Taehyung on the pillow. Just when he was about to drift of a loud snort made him open his eyes. Namjoons snoring scared him. He hoped to catch some sleep this week.

 

---

 

The next morning Jimin woke up by a loud horn. Breakfast was at eight so they had an hour to get dressed. His eyes fluttered open and he noticed he was curled up against Taehyung. Taehyung snorted and turned around when he heard the sound. Jimin sat up and saw Namjoon rubbing his eyes. Jungkook was still motionless in the same position as last night.

''Is he alive?'' Jimin asked worried. He climbed over the bed bunk to reach Jungkook. He shrugged at his shoulder. The boy grumbled and went back to a motionless state. Jimin again shook at his shoulder to regain a response. Eventually he opened his eyes. Jimin signed in relieve. Taehyung was still under the blankets and Jimin pulled the blanket with force from his body. Taehyung shivered and sat up.

''Goodmorning...'' The boy mumbled. 

''mornin-'' Namjoon mumbled back. Jungkook and Jimin just groaned in response. Within the hour they got dressed and 15 minutes before eight the four boys were ready to walk towards the main cabin. Wooden benches were standing in front of the main cabin in a circle. Jimin saw Hoseok already sitting on one of the benches. He walked towards him and sat down next to him.

''mornin...'' Hoseok mumbled he ruffled trough his exploded hair and replaced his hands with a white cap. He seemed tired.

''Did you sleep well?'' Jimin asked. 

''Not really. Hansoo became really sick at night and went home this morning. I feel bad for him.'' 

Jimin saw Taehyung excitingly talking with Jungkook. How could those two be so cheerful in the morning while they were so hard to wake. 

''Now we are just with the three of us.'' 

''Speaking of them were are they?'' They speaking of Seokjin and Yoongi.

''Yoongi said he wasn't really hungry and would rather sleep a little longer and Seokjin...'' Before Hoseok could say Jimin noticed Seokjin sitting next to Taehyung and Jungkook mixing himself with the conversation.

''Seems like new friends.'' Hoseok half smiled. When everybody arrived they ate breakfast and after breakfast the next activity was announced.

 

Geonwu clapped in his hands to get attention. 

''Today on the program is a hike.''


Yess! Jimin thought. ''Well .'' Hoseok said annoyed after hearing the activity. Hoseok hated hiking. Only Jimin and Taehyung were fond of it. Last year when the three of them went camping Hoseok would rather stay at their tent while he and Taehyung climbed to the top of the mountain.

''The teams are the same as yesterday. That means your cabin. Tonight you also will not sleep here but at the destination in tents. So take toiletries and pajamas' with you.'' Hoseok signed when he heard Geonwu explaining more.

''Don't worry the tents are already set up, and the way back tomorrow to the main camp is a surprise.'' Geonwu added when he saw the disappointed faces of the people. 

''You will receive a map, compass and instructions. The hike starts at ten so get ready and make sure to prepare lunch.''

''well see you later then.'' Hoseok stood up and walked back to his cabin. Not a few minutes later Jimin started preparing too. 

 

 

At ten all the teams were ready to leave. Namjoon received the map, compass and instructions. 

''Who's idea was it again to go on summer camp?'' Hoseok asked. He wasn't pleased at all with the activity. 

''Aaagh Taehyung-ah, I'm going to hit you!'' Hoseok jokingly waved his fist towards Taehyung who was hiding behind Jimin. Taehyung not a few moments was playing ''Twice - Cheer Up'' on his IPod. Hoseok could only sign. Namjoon and Seokjin were comparing the instructions to see if they had the same route.

''Only the first part is together. Around here we split to meet later around here.'' Seokjin pointed a place on the map.

''Shall we walk together?'' Namjoon asked the remaining members of both teams.

''Yess please! Much more fun!'' Taehyung excitingly yelled. Seokjin and Namjoon nodded. 

''I don't care.'' Yoongi said lethargic. Jimin noticed he looked even more tired then Hoseok. 

Why do I worry about someone I don't even know that well. Jimin thought. 

Geonwu gave the signal and all the teams started heading out in different directions. 

''Well let's going then.'' Seokjin clapped in his hands and started walking. Seokjin was really well prepared. He even was wearing hiking shoes. Jimin owned a pair too, but he didn't expect a hike on camp. To be honest Jimin thought summer camp for students was more like partying and drinking. 

 

''Jin Hyung looks well prepared.'' Hoseok said to Jimin. Jimin nodded. They we're walking in a forest. Not really weird since the main camp was in a forest.

''Do you wonder if he went to summer camp last year?'' The three boys had the opportunity to go last year, but declined to plan their own vacation. Which was a lot harder to plan then thought. That's why Taehyung came with the proposal of going on summer camp this year. 

''Seems like it.''

''He did.'' Jimin turned around and saw Yoongi walking behind them. Hoseok who was staring at Yoongi mouthed a small 'Oh'.

''He liked it and that's why he wanted to go this year too.'' Yoongi added. 

''Although I have to admit it is nothing for me.'' 

''Then why did you come?'' Jimin asked a little harsher then intended. Yoongi was a little startled at Jimins tone but answered:

''I didn't really have a choice.'' He shrugged his shoulders and started walking slower to create distance between them. 

''Strange...'' Hoseok whispered. Jimin nodded and was not paying attention to his front. He bumped into Namjoon. The next moment nobody saw coming. Jimins foot slipped and Yoongi ran towards him to grab him, but Jimin already tumbled too far down the hill. The next moment both boys fell down. Jimin fell down with a smack that caused to press all the air out of his lungs. Yoongi landed painful next to him and hissed in pain. After a few moments Jimin sat up straight and looked up to see his friends looking worried down on him.

''You both okay?'' Namjoon asked. Jimin nodded but saw Yoongi gripping his ankle. 

''How are we going to climb up again?'' Jimin asked when he saw the ledge they fell down from. It was clearly to steep to climb.

''I'm sure there is a way, but this path is going to the right.''

''Just give us the instructions, map and compass and we will find a way to the destination.'' Yoongi eventually said. 

''You sure?'' Yoongi nodded. 

''Okay here they come.'' Namjoon said throwing down the supplies. Jimin caught the compass and gathered the map and instructions from the ground. 

''You really sure? We could call someone.'' 

''No, it's fine.'' Jimin watched Yoongi in full awe. He didn't expect Yoongi wouldn't give up so quickly, but on the other side: Would he really trust Yoongi?

''Okay then we will be going. See you guys at the destination.'' Seokjin was clearly still worried, but turned around anyway.

''Stop staring will you.'' Yoongi snapped at Jimin. Jimin blinked and helped Yoongi stand up.


Now it was just the two of them...

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Hansoo went home sick. Hahaha just like in movies the unknown guys die the first. 

Finally some yoonmin action can begin... oops How will this work out?

I'm sorry for the many time skips. Next time I try to avoid them. It can be quite annoying.

Thanks for reading!