Chapter 2: Grumpy Grandpa

Everlasting Sunshine

They arrived...

It was late in the afternoon and the three best friends stepped out of the bus. Jimin stretched his legs and cracked his back to get rid of the dozing feeling. Whatever he was doing he still noticed the girls giggling at him. When Hoseok and Jimin silently stood by the gathered people, Taehyung was already making friends. Showing cool pictures and sharing music interests. Jimin leaned lazy like a little kid over his bright red trolley-suitcase. If Hoseok was feeling better he would also jump between the people like a bunny on the first nice spring day, but that wasn't the case. Jimin also was in need of a shower. He could smell the party fragrance around Hoseok, so he could assume he wasn't smelling that nice either. 

They were somewhere at the side of a forest on a sandy road and Jimin could see the huge lake between the trees that was formed out of a huge river flowing out of the mountains. It was really hot for a normal summer afternoon and Jimin had knotted his sweater around his waist. It was really a waste that he sat down in a bus this whole beautiful day, and he hoped the rest of the week was going to be this nice. 

Hoseok and Jimin walked a little forward to join Taehyung, but Jimin noticed his shoelace was loose and stopped abrupt to tie it. He didn't know someone was walking behind him and the person fell clumsy over Jimins crouched body.

''What the hell!'' The boy yelled. An annoyed expression on his face. Jimin could guess he was around the same height as himself. His hair was dyed grey with his dark brown roots showing. Jimin squinted -Still not wearing his lenses, and he hoped he didn't forget to pack them- and saw three small silver rings lined up pierced through his ear. Pffft, what a punk! 

''Are you blind or something! Don't stop in the middle of the ing road you tard!'' The boy stood up and Jimin saw bloody scrape on his knee.

''I'm so sorry!'' Jimin tried to apologise but the boy angry walked away giving disgusting glares at Jimin while looking behind.

Jimin who had fallen forward noticed his own hands weren't in a great condition either. Jimin tried to brush of the gravel on his grazed palms, but was helped up by two people before he could continue. One of the persons was Hoseok that probably laughed internally at Jimins embarrassing state and the other person quickly pressed a paper napkin on his bloody hands. He had an apologetic look on his face, but the only thing Jimin could look at was his bright bleached blonde hair. Jimin compared his hair with Taehyungs blonde head, Taehyungs hair was more white and the hair of this tall, broad shouldered boy was more on the yellow side. Although it looked good on him it was hurting his eyes. 

''I'm so sorry about my friend. He has a rough week...'' The blonde boy started explaining.

''It's okay. He was right who stops in the middle of the ing road.'' Jimin weakly smiled. Hoseok who was watching the whole thing suddenly slapped Jimin painful and unexpected on the back. Jimin slightly gasped.

''No need to apologise my friend is a though kid! He won't die over this.'' Hoseok gestured at Jimins hands and smiled bright. 

''What was that for!'' Jimin yelled in agony. The blonde boy smiled when he saw the childish fighting of the couple suddenly he remembered his friend was waiting for him. 

''I need to go.'' He announced.

''I'm Seokjin by the way.'' the boy said and the he quickly walked towards his grumpy friend who was sulking a few metres further. 

Jimin and Hoseok looked confusing at the boy named Seokjin and before they could go further with there argument Taehyung jumped between both boys.

''What was that all about?'' 

''Jimin accidently tripped a boy that wasn't in an all the good mood.'' Hoseok laughed when he explained the situation. Jimin made a 'tssk' sound with his mouth but before they could continue their little chat they heard a loud horn in the distance. Followed by someone talking excited into a speaker. 

 

 

''Hellooooohh students!'' The person was standing on a huge concrete box. He also was wearing a blue with yellow polo. Jimin also noticed the huge wet sweat circles under his arms. 

''Someone had a though day.'' Hoseok softly chuckled next to Jimin they were to far away for the Camp-leader to hear. 

''Welcome to this years annual Summer Camp!'' The Person brightly continued.

''I'm Choi Geonwu, I'm this years Camp leader! This years theme will be...'' Geonwu stopped for a moment and started running on his place to imitate drums for a thrilled effect. It didn't work however and the only person that was stomping with Geonwu was Taehyung. The rest of the students were just looking sheepishly at the Camp leader. Hoseok and Jimin included.

''Everlasting Sunshine!'' Geonwu eventually screamed.

''How cheesy.'' Jimin whispered to Hoseok. 

''Before we enter our home for the next week-'' Geonwu continued pointing at the Camp gate.

''I'm going to tell you the teams for the next week. Every team does allot of activities together and sleep in the same cabin. So it's going to be a week of blooming new friendships!'' 

The crowd started to chatter when the announcement was made.

''Please, I hope they put us together. Otherwise I'm going home with the excuse that I'm sick.'' Jimin complained. 

''They probably did. I mean we're around the same age.''

''Yahh! I'm an year older then you two!'' Hoseok protested. 

 

Geonwu started naming the teams. They all noticed it was girls by girls and boys by boys. 

''And here I thought I was going to get laid.'' Hoseok said faking an disappointed smile. Both Jimin and Taehyung slapped Hoseok on the yelling at him to shut up. 

''Well lucky you Jimin.'' Hoseok said before Jimin fully slapped his hand before Hoseoks mouth to keep him from saying more. 

''Cabin number 5! Kim Namjoon, Kim Taehyung, Park Jimin and Jeon Jungkook! Cabin number 6-''

''Wait... Hoseok you're not with us.'' The three of them were staring at each other. 

'''That's it! I'm going home sick guys!'' Hoseok announced.

''Ahh hyung, it's probably not that worse! You're the most social out of us three. I'm sure you're in a cabin with really nice people!'' Taehyung said encouraging to Hoseok. 

''Cabin number 7! Kim Seokjin, Min Yoongi, Shin Hansoo and Jung Hoseok!'' 

''Ooohhh you're with Seokjin-ssi! He's nice!'' Jimin said slapping Hoseok on the back. 

''And we're probably can sit together when there is a break. It is only sleeping and activities.''

 

After Geonwu was done with teaming up he coughed into the speaker to get the attention back to him.

''This year we're doing things a little different. We thought it would be fun to have a little competition this year between the teams. More motivation you know. So for every activity you're team can receive points. The team with the most points at the end of the week wins a special prize. Don't worry the prize consist not just of plain flowers.'' Geonwu took a breath and continued.

''You're now going to meet you're team and around six you're expected by the main-cabin in the centre. While entering the terrain you get a Camp shirt. The shirts are obliged while participating in activities.'' 

''Well... since there is a competition... You're going down!'' Hoseok threatened and then simply walked away smiling.

''They... created a monster...'' Taehyung whispered into Jimins ears. 

 

---

Jimin walked sulking behind Taehyung. He was glad he was together with Taehyung, but without Hoseok it was a little empty. Taehyung probably felt the same. When the boys walked past the gate Taehyung and Jimin received their shirts. It was soft-blue with a huge sunflower on the back. It seemed like every cabin had another colour shirt, but the same characteristic sunflower on the back. They totally lost Hoseok in the crowd and didn't know which colour shirt he had. 

''We can visit him later. We know his cabin number.'' Taehyung said to Jimin who was anxiously looking for a familiar head. Jimin nodded and walked next to Taehyung. 

Eventually they arrived at their cabin and saw they were the last to arrive. One boy was really tall -In comparison with Jimin- and had blonde grey hair. The other was also tall but a little shorter and his head was pitch black. Just like Jimins own hair. 

''Hi!'' Taehyung cheerful shouted.

''I'm Taehyung and this is my best friend Jimin! Wow! I met you on the bus!'' Taehyung pointed at black haired kid.

''Wow hyung! Cool we're in the same cabin! Ehh... I'm Jungkook.'' The boy said adjusting himself to Jimin. 

''I'm Namjoon.'' The other boy said. 

''Let's get inside shall we.'' Namjoon added to his introduction. 

''I claim the top bunk!'' Jungkook shouted. Once the door was open Jungkook ran inside to throw his suitcase on the top of the bunk beds. It was a really small cabin with only 2 bunk beds. They had another accommodation for toilets and showers. 

''I guess I will sleep below.'' Taehyung announced. Jimin knew he had fear of heights and preferred sleeping low close to the ground. 

''I'll sleep below to. I have fear of heights.'' 

''Wow same bro!'' Taehyung said giving Namjoon a high-five.

''Is that really something you have to give a high-five for?'' Jimin asked, but got instant karma when he struggled to get his suitcase on top of his bed by that disapproving comment. He finally succeeded and sat on top of his bed. Feet dangling down as he watched how Namjoon also struggled with his suitcase. The zipper didn't open and he gave a hard tug on the metal piece. Of course it snapped.

''...'' Namjoon muttered. 

''It's almost six!'' Jungkook said jumping down and grabbing his camp-shirt. 

''First activity! First activity!''

''I hope it's cooking I'm really hungry!'' Taehyung said in response to Jungkook exciting behaviour. Jimin smiled these boys were really fun and he hoped they would get along well this coming week. Jimin quickly changed into his camp-shirt and followed Taehyung outside. The four boys weren't even one minute outside and Jimin heard his name being shouted. He turned around and saw Hoseok running towards him like a maniac.

 

''Guess what!'' Hoseok panted.

''I'm in the same cabin as grumpy grandpa from earlier! You know the guy that fell over you? Damn he has quite the scrape on his knee. Good job Jimin because he is really mean!'' He was rambling and Jimin had to listen clearly what Hoseok told him. Jimin noticed Namjoon and Jungkook were starring at Hoseok.

''Oh...Ehh This is Hoseok hyung, my other best friend. We're sort of childhood friends.'' Jimin explained. Jungkook and Namjoon nodded understanding and introduced themselves.

''We keep going direction the main cabin. See you later.'' Namjoon said smiling and Jungkook followed Namjoon while he was waving the boys goodbye for now.

 

''Wow! Your camp-shirt is green! How lucky your favourite colour!'' Taehyung said stepping closer to his two best friends. 

''What happened? Why was grandpa being mean?'' Jimin asked continuing the topic. 

''Well I already had my suitcase on the top bunk and he just threw it off. Announcing he was going to sleep on top. I said okay he just could've asked. Then he cursed at me. I swear I'm going home sick!''

''And Seokjin-ssi?'' 

''I don't know he just stood there with that other kid. I think his name is Hansoo. They are both really nice, but Yoongi is just an .'' 

''! It's already ten over six. We need to hurry up.'' Taehyung grabbed Hoseok and Jimin by the arm and dashed towards the main cabin.

''Cheer up Hyung it's only activities and sleeping. Yoongi... Is that his name? Is just being childish, and besides you guys have to get to know each other better.'' Jimin smiled dropping the honorific on purpose. Just the he noticed the explanation for the coming activity had already started. 

''Well okay... Guess I'm joining my ''happy'' team now. Hwaiting!''

''See you tonight Hobi hyung!'' Taehyung said giving Hoseok a encouraging pat on the shoulder. And Jimin gestured Hwaiting back.

 

Taehyung and Jimin searched for Namjoon and Jungkook and when they found them they quitely stood besides them. Like they weren't late.

''What's going on?'' Jimin whispered to Namjoon. They missed half of the instructions.

''It's going to be a Cooking competition.'' Namjoon whispered back. 

 


Oh ... He hoped Jungkook could cook, because he and Taehyung we're totally black holes in that subject and Namjoon didn't leave a handy first impression...

 

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Second chapter!


I didn't proof read before posting, so if it is a bit messy and they are allot of grammar faults...

I'm sorry. Also the first chapters are a little bit of introducing so... And I hope Jimins and Taehyung encounter with Namjoon and Jungkook wasn't to awkward.

Thanks for reading!