CHAPTER 3

Clash of Classes

CHAPTER THREE

 

I woke up in a usual daily manner. I went downstairs with my oh-im-so-excited-for-another-fun-day-at-school expression. *note the sarcasm*

 

"Eomma I'm going." I said goodbye to my mother dear. She responded all the way from the kitchen with a spatula on her hand, "Take care!"

 

I went outside and noticed that Soonyoung isn't here yet. Sometimes we go to school together if we woke up the same time. But that guy is becoming lazy day by day so it only happens seldomly, not as much as in senior high. So I texted him.

 

TO: KWON SOONYOUNG

"Soonyoung-ah, what are you still doing? I'm going to school first."

 

He didn't reply back so I bet he's still taking a bath. I just continued walking. I was about plug on my earphones when I heard someone call me. I looked around and saw a guy sitting outside the convenience store. It's Kim Mingyu.

 

"Ya Hani-ah! Come here!" I sighed a deep breath and walked closer to him and sat down.

 

"What? Hani? It's Hanbyul! Shin Hanbyul!"

 

"Hani suits you better. Like the idol from EXID."

 

"No thanks. I don't know if you know that we're running late so I'm leaving."

 

"Ayyy. You're no fun. Let's skip the first class. I'll buy you ramen."

 

"Please don't include me into your craziness. Bye." I stood up and started walking then he started following me. Gosh, can I just emphasize how tall he is?! Like, I'm just at his shoulder level O_O

 

We were just walking without talking to each other. I'm trying my hardest not to get pissed.

 

"Wah Hani, you're so cold to me. I thought we need to be friends. I'm cool with that. But just not with Wonwoo." Wait, he mentioned Wonwoo. Why do I feel interested?

 

"Why? Why not Wonwoo?"

 

"He's a bastard."

 

"Tss, as if you're any better."

 

"Yaa! I'm not a bastard! I'm even more handsome and taller than him, better at sports, and... and... and has more friends! Without his brain, he would be nothing!"

 

"Why are you comparing yourself to him? You're so defensive. It's not like I'm choosing between you two." I said sarcastically.

 

"No, I mean, you're pretty." WAIT. WAIT. DID HE JUST SAY I'M PRETTY?! "And for sure he's gonna play around you. He's a bastard, just saying." WAIT WHY IS HE TELLING ME THIS?! This is giving me weird feelings O_O

 

He noticed that I got speechless so he broke the ice. "Hey, I think we can really work this mission out. Let's just be cool with each other. You can't hate a handsome guy like me." he said with his canine smile. Gosh, this guy is so greasy >_<

 

We reached school and as we walked inside the building, I noticed that some students from my batch keep on staring at us and murmuring and whispering something and giving us weird looks. Okay this is what happens when you're with someone from the other class. Especially when you're with Kim Mingyu (and probably with Jeon Wonwoo too).

 

We just ignored them. Someday I'll let them feel that Class 3-2 don't bite and are actually friendly. I dunno with the other classes but I want to at least clear the name of my classmates. We hear stuff like all of us cheating our exams through our sleeves and socks just to rank higher than the 1st Class. Like what?!! We don't need to cheat to rank higher!!! People from Class 3-1 are probably just worried that my classmates might rank higher than them. Huh! Pathetic.

 

But this might be hard. Look at me! How can I convince them to befriend each other when I myself can't even see them as good people?! Look at Wonwoo who told me to die when I just looked at him! Look at Mingyu who calls me Hani for no reason! WHERE'S THE GOOD IN THAT?!

 

Speaking of the devil. I mean, the "other" devil (there's one beside me). We crossed paths with Wonwoo (why does that sound dramatic lol).

 

"Ya,  why are you together? Are planning something behind my back? I'm the leader here so don't do something stupid."

 

"What you're doing now is "something stupid”. And who elected you as leader? Since when did you become interested?" Waah, this guy is so thick-headed, it's unbelievable.

 

"Ya, I'm the smartest so I'm the leader." he looked down with his hand behind his neck. "The principal is threatening my grades so I'll do it. I've got no choice." Then he looked away. As Mingyu said, he really is a bastard.

 

"Hani and I are friends already. Too bad she hates you more now." WHAAAAT DID HE JUST SAAAAAY

 

"What? Hani? *smirk* Okay go and play around. You don't care about your grades anyway." he said with a cold look and walked away with hands on his pocket. Acting cool til the end.

 

"See? I told you he's a bastard." Yeah, you're right. For the first time ever, I agree with Class 3-3 Kim Mingyu. "I'm going first. See you later, Hani!" UGGH CAN YOU PLEASE STOP FROM CALLING ME HANI??!

 

I went inside our room with a grumpy face. First thing in the morning and I'm pissed already? Then suddenly, Soonyoung arrived and sat beside me.

 

"Hanbyul annyeo--- ya. What's with that look?"

 

"This is all your fault! If only you woke up earlier!"

 

"What?! What did I do?!"  he said with a confused look. lol he's cute

 

I just dropped my head on my desk. "Aaahh I'm so tired."

 

 

LUNCHBREAK

 

"Hani, annyeong." Mingyu suddenly popped out of nowhere and put his tray on table and sat beside me. Soonyoung is in front of me and just looked at him.

 

"What are you doing?" I asked.

 

"Eating. Obviously." he ate a spoonful and then looked at Soonyoung. "Soonyoung-ah, let's play basketball after class. You can bring your friends."

 

"But I'm the "friend"." I looked at Mingyu coldly. "Then that's good! Bring Hani with you so she can watch how awesome I am." he smiled with his canine smile again.

 

"What? Hani? As in Wi-ah-re?" Soonyoung then laughed while dancing the choreo of that song. lol Soonyoung never fails to make me happy XD

 

Maybe you're wondering the two of them aren't awkward at all, it's because the two of them are friends from elem school and attended summer fun for basketball in middle school. But Soonyoung is not much into basketball these days because he started to be interested in dancing. Trust me, his dancing skills are no joke.

 

And as time goes by, I cannot believe that I'm actually having a good conversation with Mingyu and Soonyoung. This guy isn't as bad as I think. But I can't help but notice the weird stares I get from his girl classmates. Guess who has some haters before the mission even started?

 

 

DISMISSAL

 

Well it turned out that here I am, in the school gym, watching them play basketball. Soonyoung and I are going home together anyway so I'll just wait for him. Why am I doing this? Because finally he can live like a normal high school guy. I feel like he's trapped in my world. But he never really complained anything either. He's still laughing and having fun. I'm not that boring, you know.

 

While I'm just in the bleachers reading a book, I can hear shrieks and murmurs around me. Probably just Mingyu's fangirls. But then I heard something that enlightened me.

 

"Omo, is that Soonyoung from Class 3-2? Gosh he's hot!"

"He's so cute and handsome at the same time!"

 

WOW DEAR LORD GOD IS THIS THE START OF OUR KWON SOONYOUNG'S STARDOM?!?! O_O

 

I looked around and found out they're just Mingyu's classmates. I sat beside them.

 

"I know right! Soonyoung is reeeaaaallyyy handsome! Plus he's kind too." I said with a huge smile. But they just got weirded out.

 

"Uhh-- okay?" One of them said. There's three of them, by the way.

 

"Hi! I'm Shin Hanbyul from Class 3-2. We should be friends." *le friendly smile*

 

"Uh-- okay. Choi Nari. This is Yein and this is Mijoo."

 

"Ahh this is great! We should really be friends since we're from the same year."

 

"Oh-- oh you're right." she cracked an awkward laugh. "Let's be comfortable then."

 

"Hanbyul-ah, do you like Soonyoung? You were complimenting him." Mijoo asked. HAHAHAHA LOL SO FUNEH

 

"Of course not! I mean, we're just close friends. So close that we treat each other as siblings."

 

"Really? Can we be friends with him?" Yein said then she giggled. Nari chuckled too. Aww why do I find this cute? Class 3-3 isn't that bad at all!

 

"Why not? He'll be thrilled! Should I call him here?" I turned around to call Soonyoung but the three of them stopped me.

 

"Haha, mian mian." I sat down again. I looked at them and noticed that Nari’s stare at Soonyoung is reaaallyyy deep. OMO OMO look who's having a crush on Soonyoung!

 

"Hanbyul-ah, we should meet here sometimes. We always stay here after class." Yein said. "Mijoo is spying on Seungcheol." Mijoo looked shocked. "Yaa!" she whined but then they just laughed.

 

"Oohhh~ you like Seungcheol?" *mischievious smile*

 

"They like each other, actually." Yein jokingly said. Mijoo kept hitting her lol. Then suddenly Nari chuckled on her own.

 

"Wae? What's with you?" She's blushing!!!! She's putting her hands on her cheeks like she's fluttering. "I'll go first!" She took her bag and ran away.

 

I looked at what Nari is fangirling about. Then I saw Soonyoung smiling so hard and even jumping when he runs.

 

OMO OMO PLEASE TELL ME IT IS WHAT I'M THINKING ABOUT O_O