Blackmoor Forest (Part II)

The Secret Map

 


 

Hana stepped forward following the six members before entering the cave. Suho guided all of them at the front with Baekhyun at his right side and Hana walked beside Luhan at the middle. D.O, Chen and Xiumin covered from the backs.

 

Hana was nervous when only the sound of water dripping  echoed in the cave. She turned her head to look at the back before knowing that they were getting farther from the door of the cave.

 

As they got swallowed with the darkness, Baekhyun used his power to light up their way. Hana went closer to Luhan and her skin brushed against his.

 

 

She got startled when Luhan looked down at her, "Are you alright?"

 

"Yeah. It's creepy to be in here."

 

"You can hold my arm if you're scared. It's okay," Luhan gave the permission even though he knew Hana hesitated for it. Slowly, her hands went to reach for his arm and held it. Somehow, she felt secured to stay by his side and she saw the corner of his lips perked upwards.

 

"I don't know how long we will have to get in there to find the pearls. But, each of you need to be aware with your surroundings." Suho's voice broke the silence before Hana caught Baekhyun jumped as he saw something at the side of the cave.

 

"OMO! Aish!" He almost shouted in fear when there were a few skulls and bones blocked his way. She gulped knowing that the cave could have been the reason of many deaths. She tightened the grip on Luhan's arm and he gazed to look at her before patting on her hand, softly, "It's alright."

 

"Yah, Byun Baekhyun, what's wrong?" Chen asked out of curiosity. The guys at the back wondered what caused him to be acting in that way and guessed something went wrong.

 

"I swear I want to leave this place as soon as possible." Baekhyun complained.

 

Chen and D.O laughed. They could tell something made him to get afraid so much even when they were already half way entering the cave. "Yah, we're almost there. Be brave. You're in charge of the light." Chen replied, jokingly.

 

Hana couldn’t care any of their words when her heart thumped across her chest so hard and she kept biting her lip before her foot stepped on something.

 

She gazed down to look at the object where she was stepping. Turned out to be a hand of a corpse that laid on the side of the cave.

 

"ARGHHH!" Hana screamed in fear when she was already went to bury her face into Luhan's chest and tightened the grip around his arms. All of the guys were shocked with her voice and they were surprised with the sight of a corpse with blood covered the whole body.

 

Luhan caressed on her back, "I'm here. Don't worry."

 

"That's freaking horrible. I'm having a bad feeling right now, hyung," Chen spoke to Xiumin when he was already started to get afraid of that. 

 

Another six members who waited from the outside of the cave heard Hana's loud voice screamed from the cave. They grew worried and Kris was about to get in but Lay stopped him.

 

"Wait. It's dangerous to go in there alone." Lay held his arm and Kai went closer to the mouth of the cave. "Hyung, is everything alright?" He shouted, hoping the group who entered would hear his voice.

 

"Yeah! It just that we found a dead body in here!" They heard D.O shouted back and they sighed of relief to know their situation in there.

 

"Why would she go in there if she's scared?" Sehun already nagged but Tao rolled his eyes, "There you go again."

 

 

"Be aware with your surroundings, kids. This isn't the time to argue about Kim Hana." Kris said, sternly.

 

 

 

As they walked passing through a few corpses and skulls, Hana caught the sight of something placed in a box on a big rock.

 

"Look, I think it's in there!" Hana pointed out and they shifted their attentions to where Hana pointed directly. All of them went closer to take a look of the thing and saw two black pearls shone brightly.

 

Baekhyun and Chen gawked, "I..It's the black pearls! We found it!" Baekhyun beamed of excitement along with Chen when they had finally found what they were looking for.

 

Xiumin was about to touch the pearls before D.O stopped him. They eyed him while furrowing their eyebrows when D.O looked completely serious at where he was standing.

 

 

Suho could guess something was not right by the change of expression on his face, "What's wrong?"

 

Using his ability, D.O tried to listen carefully to the sound of crack coming from the wall of the cave. Like there was something waiting to come out from it's hidden place.

 

"What's happ-" Hana was about to ask but Suho held her shoulder firmly, "Hana, listen to me very carefully. By the time I shout 'now', you should be quick to grab the pearls after Baekhyun used his power and quickly keep it in your bag. Luhan and Chen will be in charge to protect you."

 

"Wait, I-"

 

"Don't ask anything. We don’t have much time." Right after he finished his last words, they heard the sound of the wall of the cave burst and a few huge spiders crawled out from their holes.

 

Hana's eyes grew wide with the sight of the creatures that looked almost her size and she had never witness it in her life.

 

I'm dead!

 

"NOW!" She heard Suho shouted before the creatures got blinded by the light from Baekhyun. Hana heard the weird sounds from the creatures, like they were shrieking because of the pain from the light. Hana quickly picked the two black pearls from the box and kept it in her bag.

 

Luhan and Chen covered her as the huge spiders seemed could not be easily died because of the light. Suho turned to look at his back and saw Hana kept the pearls safely in her bag.

 

"Let's go!" Suho shouted and Luhan immediately gripped Hana's wrist to pull her as his eyes caught one of the spiders was about to attack her. Hana was shocked with that but thinking that she needed to protect her own self, Hana avoided the feelings filled of fear.

 

They ran together to leave the cave as soon as possible. Xiumin turned to look at his back and found a lot of huge spiders chased after them.

 

"Holy !" Xiumin said when he was gasping for the air. Luhan reached his arm out and gathered up all of his strength to use his ability by throwing away all of the spiders to let them crashed against the wall of the cave.

 

"Nice one, Luhan!"

 

Xiumin said as he froze the ground to turn it into a thick ice when they continued to run to the mouth of the cave. It was a few meters left before they would be able to reach out.

 

"Suho!"

 

"I got this!" The leader moved his hands to and fro to formed a huge water between his hands before splashing it to drench the thick ice and caused it to become slippery.

 

Hana witnessed some of the spiders slipped off and hit the side of the cave.

 

But she freaked out to see a few more crawled on the top. "Watch out!" Chen shouted as he targeted right on the spider to kill with his ability.

 

By instant, the spider died and fell on the ground by the struck of the lightning.

 

"Go! Go! Go!" Baekhyun told and they ran for their life together. D.O and Suho were the last persons to run and gasped for the air. Hana was sweating too much and she felt the strong grip around her wrist and she knew it was Luhan.

 

As they reached at the mouth of the cave, Baekhyun beamed his light another time to blind the horrible creatures to let s left the cave safely. D.O was the last person to walk out and they made an eye contact, sending a secret message over their plan.

 

Using the ability that D.O got, he punched hard for once on the side of the cave, causing the loud noises as the cave was about to crumble down in no time.

 

"Leave now!" Kai heard the words from Suho and he gripped D.O's wrist to pull from being left behind.

 

Thirteen of them ran off to find a place to leave the Blackmoor Forest when they heard weird sounds echoed. They sensed something horrible might come out anytime and they needed to save their lives no matter what.

 

Hana tried to catch her breathe and glanced to the back. God knows what was happening when she saw more spiders came out from the ground and could eat her up if she was too late to save herself.

 

"ARK!" Hana tripped with her own foot and she tried to get up before feeling a strong grip at her arm. She looked up, only to see Chanyeol held her arm, "Hurry up!"

 

 

 

Getting up, she quickly ran off with him and the others, knowing Chanyeol helped out to put out his flames towards the creatures chased after them from behind. Chen targeted his lightning another time and they hurriedly headed to find a way out to leave the forest.

 

Hana's legs wobbled when the moment they managed to run for their lives and left the forest and stopped In their tracks when there were no creatures behind them.

 

She heard the members were catching up with their breathes and she knew it was the most tiring and thrilling for them on their first destination.

 

"…We're alive!" Baekhyun hollered as he went to wrap his arms around Lay. "I thought I was going to die in there!"

 

"I'm not coming back to this place again!" Tao commented when he rubbed off the dirt on his clothes.

 

"We won't come back again. We've got the black pearls. It's time to leave this place." Xiumin said and they eyed each other of excitement. Realizing that the effort they made and risked themselves to get the pearls weren't such a waste.

 

"Really? You got them?" Lay's gaze slid off to look at Hana who was smiling weakly for being exhausted and lacked of energy, "…Eoh."

 

"Come on. We need to get back to a safe place. It's dangerous to stay at the outside when we got the pearls with us." Suho spoke and he made his way to walk to the front. All eyes were on him and Sehun sighed, "I was about to take some rest."

 

 

 

As they reached at their small shelter safely, they gathered up at the living room to stay relax meanwhile Chanyeol, Baekhyun and Tao went to the kitchen to help by bringing some cold drinks for the others.

 

Right when the drink had been served to all of them, Hana took a seat on a couch when she saw Lay was patting on the empty spot beside him. She saw from the corner of her eyes, Lay was smiling to see her face even when she looked pretty awful for sweating too much.

 

 

"Is there anyone who got hurt?" Suho asked, full of concern when his eyes trailed on everyone in the living room. None of them said a word so he assumed nobody was hurt on that time.

 

"Good. I'm glad to know about it." The corner of his lips perked upwards and his eyes stopped on Hana. Somehow, he was glad that she remained safe after the terrible experience they had together in the Blackmoor Forest.

 

"Kim Hana, mind to show us the black pearls? I'm dying to see how does it looks." Tao asked for it when he was super excited knowing it from Chen.

 

She remembered the thought of her keeping the pearls in her bag before carefully taking it out. All of them waited and saw two black pearls in her hand.

 

Hana couldn’t even get the chance to look at the black pearls back then when she was in the cave. Now, the pearls were already in her hands and her eyes were locked on it.

 

"I thought it's some sort of magic black pearls. Those seems like the usual black pearls that we've seen." Kai said.

 

Hana felt like something unusual. Things that she had never experienced and happened in her life.

 

Voices echoed in her mind.

 

Hana closed her eyes. Trying to get rid of the voices and images flashed in her minds.

 

Why am I seeing things?

 

"Yah, Kim Hana, what's wrong?" Luhan asked when he sat up from his seat to get Hana as the black pearls dropped off from her hand. They grew worried with the sudden changes on Hana. Suho went to sit in front of Hana and held her shoulders firmly, "Hana, what happened?"

 

"…I think…I'm seeing things…" Hana stuttered and her hands were shaking, frightened.

 

"What did you see?" Suho wanted to know and Hana saw the attentions that she got from all of the guys around her. Her head throbbed in pain.

 

An image of Sehun screaming for help when he was being dragged to somewhere kept flashing into her minds before another images of a few faces that Hana couldn’t recognize appeared.

 

Before she could tell them, Hana's vision got blurred and she fell into Suho's arms, weakly.

 

"Kim Hana!" Now, things got even worse and they had no ideas what went wrong with her after staring at the black pearls.

 

 


 

alright, i don't know it this update is good enough. i'm sorry if you think it's T__T i know some of you keep wondering if there's a love story between Hana and any of EXO members. surely yes, it will happen and i've shown a few hints from the previous chapters and you can predict who's going to be her lover lmao. btw, i'll be going for hiatus about a week or something due to internet connection but i'll try my best to update more :)

leave your comments, sweethearts. i am dying to know how you think about this story :(