The Wolf and The Guardians

The Secret Map

 

 


 

 

Twelve of them waited patiently when Hana was being silence for a minute and she was breathing heavily. She was too nervous. From the look of her eyes, Suho could tell that she was afraid. Something in her eyes told him that she's just an innocent girl who didn’t have any bad intentions at all.

 

"It's okay. You can trust us. We won't harm you. Tell us the truth." Suho assured her with a smile. His words did made her to feel calm even just for a bit. Hana breathed in and out.

 

Trust them.

 

The voice of the woman that appeared in her dream whispered. Like she was there by her side and assured Hana that everything would be fine and she could trust all of them.

 

She gripped onto the edge of her shirt, sighing. "I-I'm Kim Hana. I-I don't know how did I end up to be at this place. But, someone told me that this is the only place that would lead me to find my real identity."

 

Kris furrowed his eyebrows, "Kim Hana? Suho, isn't that-"

 

 

"I know. But there's a lot of people has the same name as hers. It's impossible." Suho cut off his words although he was hoping that she's the one.

 

"What's wrong with my name?"

 

"Forget it. It's something that we shouldn’t tell you yet about the matter. You're still a stranger to us." Chanyeol said but earned a smack behind his head from Baekhyun who already clenching his teeth. "WHAT?"

 

"Be nice to her." Baekhyun replied.

 

"Your real identity? What do you mean? Do you belong to this place or something? Or do you have a secret plan to kill anyone?" Chen wanted to know more. Hana was clueless over how to answer his questions. She didn’t know about herself.

 

"I don't know. I came here with the help of the-"

 

"This dumb thing?" Sehun held out The Secret Map and showed it at her face. All attentions were shifted to look on the golden brown thing that was in Sehun's hand.

 

Luhan's eyes caught a symbol of a pendant in his sight that was tied along with a thread around the thick paper, "Wait a minute. That symbol looks familiar. Let me take a look." Luhan snatched from Sehun and examined it carefully.

 

 

 

It was a pendant with a star-shaped carved on it. Xiumin peeked to look at it and he gawked, "Isn't that a symbol for The Guardians?"

 

 

"Really?! Let me see it!" Chanyeol and Tao freaked out and rushed to Luhan's seat. Hana was getting curious even more.

 

What's with The Guardians? Who are they talking about?

 

Suho took the map as Luhan handed him to check for it. His thumb ran across the pendant. He's right. It's The Guardians.

 

"Hyung…" Kai started to get chilled to the bone. "W-What is it? Who is The Guardians?" Hana asked, eager to know behind all of the questions.

 

"How did you get this thing? Are you one of The Guardians?" Lay asked, full with curiosity. Now, everyone had stopped to eat their meals and focused with the conversations.

 

 "I've told you. I don’t know my own identity. T-There's a lady told me that I need to escape and save myself. That thing, I mean, The Secret Map. It brought me to this place." Hana wanted to cry when they kept shooting her with too many questions.

 

"What kind of map that showed nothing on it?" Chanyeol interrupted. "There's a reason it is being called as a Secret map." Chen thought.

 

Hana nodded her head weakly, "P-Please. Help me. I don't know how to explain this. I came here alone and have nobody else."

 

Her shaky voice gained the attentions from twelve of them. Somehow, they wanted to know the truth behind all of the things that happened out of sudden. Who is the girl that was standing in front them and why would she have something that belonged to The Guardians.

 

Suho put down the map on the dining table, "We will help you out. But under one condition." Hana's eyes started to become teary when she looked over at the leader. "…Yes?"

 

"We will keep this thing with us. I'm afraid this thing has something to do with what happened on you in the morning."

 

"Suho, do you mean the wolf is chasing for her because of that thing?" Xiumin asked and he saw him nodding his head weakly. "I guess so. The Guardians is on our side. Not theirs."

 

The house stayed silence without any words being uttered for a moment. Thoughts kept interrupting their minds and now, another thing came out and they needed to figure it out soon.

 

"Am I being left behind about this matter? I-I mean, I should know about it too." Hana started to grow impatience when she had been treated like she doesn’t exist in the house. Lay gave a soft pat on her shoulder, "We will tell you about that. But not for now."

 

"For now, you'll be staying with us." Suho made his final decision, gaining a shocking reaction from Chanyeol and Sehun. "WHAT?!"

 


 

 

The sky started to get darker and Hana watched as Kris putting some woods into the fireplace to make the house to feel much warmer at night. She sat on a beige colored couch and remained calm with her eyes were staring down to the floor.

 

Her minds were thinking many things that could happen. She didn’t know how she would have to face everything in the future.

 

What made her to worry even more was if she could trust twelve of them.

 

Kris saw she wasn’t talking much since the last time they had their meals during lunch time. The others were taking some rest in the rooms and Kris saw Tao walked into the living room with Kai and Luhan, together.

 

"What are you doing alone with Hana?" Tao noticed when Kris was taking his seat on the other single couch. Hana wasn’t listening to them nor noticing that they were in the living room.

 

Luhan watched as he was chortling to see how Hana was in her own world. Ideas came into his minds and he knew what he wanted to do. Using the ability that he got, Luhan moved his hand over a feather on a book shelf, moving it closer to Hana when s were too busy talking to Kris.

 

He eyed while giggling when the feather touched her nose. Caused the girl to startle as it tickled her nose. Luhan quickly pulled his hand away as she got snapped back to the reality and the feather fell on her lap.

 

She frowned, "How did this thing end up to be at here?" Hana questioned, holding the feather and put it aside. "What's bothering your mind?" Kai asked and took a seat beside her.

 

Forming a small smile, she shook her head and rubbed her palms together to feel warm, "Nothing. It just that I miss my place." She lied. Kai seemed to take in with her words as he leaned against his seat, "You know, you can trust us."

 

"…I-I.." Hana stuttered. She had been thinking about something since they had their meals together and it had bothered her mind too much. The Secret Map wasn't with her and they kept it somewhere in the house.

 

"What's wrong?" Kai asked, politely. Holding onto the edge of her shirt, Hana bit her lip, "Do you mind if I use the bathroom? I need to clean all of these dirt on my body." Her hands scratched all over her body and Kai let out a chuckle. Luhan on the other side caught them together and went to interrupt.

 

"You should get change. You can wear my shirt. But, it's going to be a bit large compared to your size." Luhan spoke as he stood closer to her with a smile was carved on his baby-faced look. His dark brown eyes were looking deep into her eyes and the way how he smiled, soothed Hana to stay calm.

 

 

"Ah..y-yes." Hana nodded. Luhan took her hand without asking more and pulled her to follow him. Leaving Kai who was dumbfounded on his seat. "What the hell. Am I not masculine enough compared to that pretty look?" Kai mumbled.

 

 

 

Standing in front of a door, Luhan stood next to the door frame with his eyes were on Hana before he pushed the door for her, letting the young girl to step into it.

 

Hana's eyes looked around the room. It wasn’t a big room but suited enough for three persons to stay there. There was a window on the other side and Hana saw the view from the outside of the house.

 

 "This is my room. I'm sharing this with Sehun and Lay." Luhan told her even though she had no idea about their names. She hadn't get to know each one of them nor memorize their names and faces.

 

They don't even bother to introduce themselves to me. Is it such a big deal?

 

Luhan searched for something in his small closet and drew out a blue black shirt and a pants. He brought it to Hana when he saw she was already standing behind him, in silence.

 

He handed her the clothes, "These are mine. You can use it first. You should clean yourself and get change."

 

Hana smiled weakly for him, "T-Thanks." Luhan rubbed behind his neck, giggling like a kid, "Nothing much. I'll leave you alone in this room. You should lock the door. The guys love to barge into this room."

 

He left Hana and slowly, pulling the door to close it and gave her some privacy to be alone. She hurriedly went to lock the door like what he told and headed back to the middle of the room.

 

Hana sighed heavily and slumped on a bed with both of her hands were grasping the clothes that Luhan gave earlier.

 

"What should I do?" She muttered under her breathe. Her eyes looked out through the window and the full moon that lightened up the whole room made her to feel like to escape right on that moment.

 

What if they are the bad guys?

 

What if they are planning to kill me and act nice with me so I'd fall for it?

 

Letting out her deep sigh, Hana stood up from her seat before her eyes caught a sight of The Secret Map on a small table next to the bed.

 

She gawked and went to reach for it, "I need to keep this. I can't trust them." The only chance for her to get back the map was there and she shouldn’t simply let it go.

 

 

 

"It's dinner time~" D.O chimed when he poured some soup into a big bowl. The scent of the food that he made brought Baehyun to enter the kitchen while sniffing.

 

His eyes sparkled with the sight of his favorite chicken soup. "Whoa, our D.O is the best!"

 

Chanyeol came along and grew excited when D.O was preparing the plates. "Help me to bring these plates." D.O handed to both of them the plates and eyed Baekhyun, "Tell everyone that it's time for dinner. And oh, don’t forget to tell Kim Hana. I heard she went to take a bath first."

 

Baekhyun walked out heading to the dining room while holding the plates and he heard Chanyeol was mumbling, "Why does everyone care so much about that girl?"

 

Xiumin came in and helped to serve the foods together with the members. "Because we're being concern. You should be nice with her." Xiumin heard Chanyeol's words and he lowered his head for being embarrassed for hearing that. "Deh."Chanyeol replied.

 

"I'll call her to join for the meal." Luhan rushed to the back when some of the members were already gathered up around the table for the meal time.

 

Just in a few minutes, they saw Luhan came with his face that looked like mixed of being worried and shocked when he found out something happened. "B-Bad news!"

 

 

Luhan spoke as he gasped for the air. All eyes were on him, wondered what was happening with him.

 

"What's wrong?" Suho asked. Luhan breathed in and out before continued, "Kim Hana. I-I think she ran away."

 

"WHAT?!" All of them were shocked to know the truth that Hana managed to escape and leave the house without any of them knowing about it.

 

 


 

Hana walked through a forest after escaping herself from being trapped in the house with the twelve guys. She clutched The Secret Map and breathed heavily went she had to jump over a big trunk that laid in front her and blocked her way.

 

"There must be a safe place for me," she spoke, cracking the branches under her feet as she stepped on it. The map showed her a way and it seemed to take time for her to reach at the destination when she estimated the place where she was standing on that moment.

 

The cold breeze brushed her skin and Hana looked up to look at the sky. Maybe I can stay somewhere for a night.

 

Kicking off dried leaves while walking, Hana felt something went wrong. Like something had been following her all this while. Hana turned her head to look at her back but there was nothing.

 

The wolf. It's not coming back again, right?

 

Hana's heart started to thump quicker than the normal rate. Now, she started to regret and cursed mentally to herself for leaving the house without bringing anything to protect herself except the map.

 

Taking a few steps behind, Hana glanced around her. It was dark and quiet with no sounds.

 

Until she tripped herself with her own foot and fell flat on the ground before knocking her head on a small rock and bleed. Her eyes caught a creature coming out behind a tree. It was huge and moving closer to her.

 

 

Hana heard the growl and saw the pair of red eyes under the moonlight. She struggled to get up but her legs wobbled as she was too panicked.  A wolf was getting closer to her and Hana held The Secret Map in her hands tightly.

 

And the fact that she has this in her hands, anything could happen on her. They are unpredictable.

 

She remembered what the guys said earlier about the map. She had no idea what they meant and she didn’t have the chance to get the explanations. Her head throbbed in pain and she could feel warm liquid flowed through the side of her head.

 

The loud scream that escaped from Hana's lips was heard almost the whole of the forest. The wolf was quick to jump and stayed on top of her. Hana tried hard to push it away but the creature was too strong while growling.

 

The last thing Hana realized was when the wolf was being pushed off from her and it was thrown before hitting its back at a tree. Hana gasped for the air and scooted to the closest tree beside her to hide herself.

 

Her eyes caught a few guys surrounded the wolf and by the help of the moonlight, Hana saw a familiar face out from all of them.

 

"Yah, Kim Hana. Are you alright?" Luhan came to her while checking if she got any wounds on herself and found her bleeding head. She got exhausted that her voice became weak when she spoke to him, "I…am."

 

"You're not alright. You're bleeding!" Luhan grew worried.

 

"Stay away from her," Suho warned the wolf when they were facing to each other. Kris and Chanyeol were standing behind him, protecting the leader meanwhile Sehun and Kai were protecting Hana and Luhan in case there were another wolves coming to attack them.

 

Hana tried to watch on the other three who were trying to fight over with the wolf but her breathing was started to get heavy.

 

But her eyes managed to caught a sight of Chanyeol putting out flames that came out from both of his hands and targeted it directly to the wolf. Seeing how Hana was surprised to witness the scene, Luhan pulled her into his arms, caused her face to crash right at his chest when he tried to cover her eyes from seeing how they were trying to kill the wolf, with no mercy.

 

Hana's vision was getting blurry when Luhan pulled away when he shook her body. Her face became pale and caused Kai and Sehun to get panic.

 

"Quick! We need to bring her back to Lay hyung!" Kai yelled, alerting the other members about her condition.

 

 


 

I'm so excited for EXO comeback~

I've started to fall for Lay again. /rolling myself/

SAVE ME~  X___X