Secret Roses Maze (Part I)

The Secret Map

 

Zelo fell on a floor right after he got a punch on his face. The leader of B.A.P glared down at the youngest member who wiped the blood of from the side of his lips.

 

"You ruined the plan!" Yongguk kicked off a box beside him to let out his anger. The other members startled when he grew aggressive with his actions.

 

Himchan felt bad to see Zelo was still on the floor and he couldn’t do anything when the leader held him up by using his collar. "What is your excuse for the plan that you just ruined?!"

 

"I was trying to save Jongup hyung from being caught-"

 

"You lied, bastard!" Yongguk punched once again at his tummy and the tall boy fell down again on the floor, gazing up at Yongguk who snarled at him, "And who cares if we get caught?! Don't you remember what's the point of us chasing after them?!"

 

"For the sake of the empire!" The others answered at the same time.

 

"And what do we need to do?!"

 

"Kill them!" They answered once again and Zelo remained silence at his place. The sore pain at his tummy and the side of his face hurt him a lot.

 

Yongguk bent down to look at him and held Zelo's head. "So, next time, you don't have to be afraid of everything and EXO. You're a part of B.A.P warriors. And a warrior is never afraid of everything. Got it?"

 

Zelo breathed heavily before Yongguk pushed his sore cheek to the other side and stood up. "Let's go. There's a lot of thing to do rather than wasting time over this."

 

Himchan eyed the youngest and looked down, being sympathy of his situation but he wasn’t dare enough to help him up.

 

Wincing in pain, Zelo rubbed off the blood on his lips and clenched his teeth. Somehow, he was mad but he couldn’t tell if he was mad on Yongguk or on himself for being stupid enough to ruin their plan.

 

 


 

 

Hana scrubbed a few plates in a sink with some soap before putting it aside to wash it. She had been silence during the dinner time after the tension she got for leaving the members over something that they thought could dragged her into a trap.

 

At first, Kris and Suho were mad at her for not being too cautious and easily fell for it but she knew, they were actually worried of her safety. After the scene how a wolf chased for her.

 

"Hey." Hana got knocked out of her thoughts when she found Lay brought another plates in his hands. "You're day-dreaming." He said. Hana smiled weakly and started to rinse the dishes, "Not really."

 

"I know you feel bad about what happened. But, we're not that mad because we're glad enough you're safe rather than got hurt over something."

 

"I'm sorry. If only I didn’t decide to find the owner of the wallet."

 

Lay helped to pick the plate in her hand and put it on the other side of the counter, "It is okay. Just make sure you won't be doing the same."

 

"Suho isn't mad with you. He's being concern about you. I can tell that he feels sorry for scolding you after Sehun told him the truth."

 

Hana finished off the last plate in the sink and passed it to Lay, "Where is he?"

 

"Who?"

 

"Suho. I need to see him in person and talk with him."

 

Lay eyed at the front door, "I saw him left earlier. He usually stays alone at the outside during night time." Hana thanked him and wiped her hands before bumped with Chanyeol who munched to his favorite snack after the meal time. The tall guy's eyes trailed when Hana made her way to leave through the front door.

 

"What’s that? Is she leaving again?" Chanyeol's eyes grew wide and Lay laughed, "She's out to meet Suho. Stop having bad thoughts on her, Yeol."

 

"You're always on her side. I bet you like her so much now." Chanyeol went to leave the kitchen and his words managed to stop Lay from doing his works.

 

His heart skipped a beat. Is it too…obvious?

 

 

Hana saw Suho stood on a wooden bench at the outside of the house and she quietly went to him before he noticed a black shadow on the ground.

 

"Oh, you're here." Surprised with her appearance, Hana tried to stay calm and smile for him, "Can I have a seat and join with you?"

 

"Sure. Go ahead," Suho made some space for her to fill the empty seat beside him. Now, they were sitting beside each other and Suho went back to stare at the front view and the dark sky, with bright stars and a moonlight filled all over it.

 

"I'm sorry about what happened earlier. I know you worried so much after Sehun told you how I lost in the market."

 

Suho's gaze slid off from the sky to her face, under the moonlight. "I should think about you guys and be aware of the surroundings. I didn’t know why I was stupid enough to be doing that. I understand how Sehun got mad on me and how you had to scold me just now for being careless."

 

Hana gripped at the edge of the bench, "…I'm thankful to know that someone cared a lot of my safety." Suho listened to it, word by word and his eyes didn’t slid off from her face.

 

Smiling broadly, Hana tried to hold on the tears from bursting in front him and made her look like an idiot, "Thank you. For being concern and saved me from dangers."

 

Suho's hand went to reach for her hand and he held it, tightly. Somehow, he felt softened to stare at her face. Like there was something connected him to her when he saw how she almost broke down.

 

"It is fine. I'm glad you're alright after knowing the truth that you were lost in the morning. Just promise us not to do anything that will make us worry about your safety."

 

Hana chortled, "Yeah."

 

Suho ruffled her hair. His heart-warming smile managed to sooth her heart again. Why do I wish that you're the one that I've been thinking all this while? Could it be…you?

 

She saw the look on his face when his expression saddened. "What's wrong?"

 

He snapped out off his thoughts and the corner of his lips perked upwards, "Nothing. It just…I'm worried about my mom."

 

"Your mom? Why?"

 

"She's not feeling well," Suho thought he shouldn’t tell her the truth yet about his real identity as a prince. He needed to wait for the right time until he was able to tell her.

 

"I didn’t know about that. Now, I feel like to visit your mom. Could you bring me to see her next time?"

 

Suho lost of words and he seemed to try hard to smile, "I will. When we have the chance for that."

 

She gave him a nod to agree with his answers and tightened the grip again at the edge of the bench before let out heavy sigh as she looked up to gaze at the dark sky.

 

"You're lucky. You have a mom who can stay by your side and listens to your stories. I don't even know if my parents does exist or died. The person who took care of me never mentioned more than that about my parents. Except saying that she took me from them because of my parents wills," she spilled the truth although it ached her heart a lot.

 

Suho listened to her words. And he was sure she tried not to cry in the mention of her parents. "I have been wondering, how does it feel to live my life with my parents. Probably, I don't have to face all of these things. I keep questioning myself. Do they hate me so much that they have to let someone take care of me when I was a baby."

 

He heard her sobs between the words spoken out. She surely kept it inside until letting it out.

 

Seeing how she broke down, he went to pull her into a hug to console her. He her back to calm her down, "It's okay. I'm sure one day, you'll get to meet them. I will help you to find them. Don’t cry," Suho wiped off the tears from her cheeks and Hana's lips perked upwards to think someone was willing to help her out.

 

But from the corner, Luhan was watching both of them and disheartened at the sight of Suho hugging Hana just when another feeling for her developed in his heart.

 


 

A day had passed and it was the time for EXO warriors and Hana to continue with their next destination to get the black pearls. Changing into their suitable attires, they left the house after had a short brief to prepare; physical and mental.

 

"As usual, we will try our best to get back home once we've done. Let's go. Hana, you'll walk with me to lead the way." Suho said and she nodded to agree with him and they slowly made their ways to leave the house with other members followed behind.

 

Three hours had passed and they couldn’t found the place yet. Hana examined the map carefully in her hand. "It's said that there's not too far away from where we're standing."

 

"You've been saying that for almost ten times," Chen panted and leaned against a big tree for awhile when they stopped in their tracks before continued to walk again. "I told you, she's a bit confusing about this matter. Why in the world she's the only one who got to hold that map."

 

Lay smacked Chanyeol's head, "I wish I have a power to shut your mouth from talking too much."

 

The giant held his sore head and winced in pain, "D…Did you just smack on my head?! How come someone who got healing power could hurt me like this?" Chanyeol pursed his lips, "I could burn your head right now!"

 

As they walked, Hana stopped from walking caused her back to bump with Sehun who was already glaring at her deadly, "Watch where you're stopping-"

 

"Guys, I think we're here." Hana ignored Sehun when The Secret Map in her hand blinked to show that they were a few steps more leading to the right destination. Suho peeked to take a look and Sehun followed along before the others came to gather around Hana.

 

"Are you sure?" Kris asked, out of curiosity. She jerked up her head to stare at the front. It was right. They could enter the place two meters more when they saw large bushes were in front of them, with a few bloomed red and pink roses.

 

 

They gawked at the sight of the place which they haven't seen before and didn’t know that such a big maze does exist in the world where they were living.

 

"This is creepy. I hope there's no monster really exist in there." Tao spoke, his legs were shaking. They were now at the entrance of the maze and waiting for the time to get in there.

 

"Should we split into a few groups, hyung?" Kai asked before Sehun got mesmerized with the beauty of the roses. He was about to touch but Luhan was quick to slap his hand off, "Don't touch! We don’t know anything about this place. I don’t think it is a typical roses we've seen before."

 

Sehun gulped to think about Luhan's words. He could be right.

 

"We'll go in there together. I don’t want to put anyone at risk by splitting into a few groups. We'll find the pearls together." Suho explained and Hana's eyes grew wide at the map in her hand when it wasn’t showing any clues of the maze.

 

" Oh no, what should we do? The map won't be leading us through the maze!" She freaked out when her hands were still gripping The Secret Map.

 

They knew how terrible it was if there was no clue nor signs to get in there. And there was only one thing could be done.

 

Xiumin eyed Suho, "Why don’t we let Kris and Chanyeol lead us? Kris got the ability to fly. Chanyeol got himself a phoenix and he could use it."

 

They agreed with his suggestion on how they should be using the abilities from the members. Chanyeol took some space to be calling out for his pet.

 

"Icarus!"

 

Chanyeol called the name of his phoenix before Hana caught a sight of a creature flew over and it seemed huge about almost three times of Chanyeol's actual size.

 

She gawked, "I…Is this a phoenix?"

 

They grinned at her shocking expression and Chen helped to close from gawking too much, "Don’t get shocked. It's just a phoenix, sweetie."

 

"…It's my first time seeing this," Hana pouted and was about to reach for the phoenix but instead, the phoenix sat himself down. The guys were frowning of confusion, including Chanyeol.

 

"Yah, Icarus! What's wrong? Don’t tell me you've fallen for her too!" Hana laughed at his words when she thought it was like a joke for her. She titled her head to view more on it, "You're cute. I hope you'll be good and help us to find the pearls."

 

Suho saw the soft side of how Hana comforted the phoenix and it had been the first time to witness how Icarus became tame with a stranger.

 

"Let's go. We need to be quick. Kris and Chanyeol, you'll lead us." Suho took out his sword and the others stepped in to do the same as him meanwhile Hana tried her best to stay close with the members and held her bag firmly.

 

She saw Kris flew up in the air and slowly, Chanyeol followed him while riding on his phoenix. Her eyes watched as they take a look over the whole maze and the right way to lead the others.

 

Kris eyed each of the way out before his eyes caught the sight the middle of Secret Roses Maze and he could tell the pearls were there. He turned to look at his back, "I see the black pearls. Tell them," Chanyeol nodded at his words and was about to say it before a loud noises could be heard.

 

It was the sound of mockingjay. But this time, it was too loud and the noises that it made caused them to shut their ears. Kris saw a flock of the mockingjay birds heading to him and attacked when he tried to dodge himself.

 

"Omo, what should we do now?!" Hana grew panicked when the two members in the air got attacked by the birds and the phoenix started to lose its balance before falling down, somewhere in the maze.

 

"CHANYEOL!" Baekhyun shouted in fear when his friend fell in the maze. ", KRIS GOT ATTACKED MORE! CHEN, USE YOUR DAMN POWER!"

 

Tao freaked out and shifted his attention on Chen. "I…I can't. I'm afraid if he got struck with my lightning!" Chen couldn’t do anything about it when he was too scared if his power accidentally hit on Kris and lead his friend to death.

 

They saw how Kris was now fallen into the maze after losing the control to fly in the air, "ARK!" They heard Kris shouted for once before disappeared from floating in the air.

 

Hana gasped, "What should we do now?! We can't let them be alone! They need us!"

 

"I don't think this maze is easy like what we thought. Anything could happen if we're taking a shortcut to get the pearls," Baekhyun concluded even when he felt ridiculous to be thinking in such way.

 

"Calm down, guys. There's a way out. We need to go through this together to find them. I hope they're doing well." Suho spoke up before Tao interrupted, "Hyung, what about we let Kai teleport and get the pearls for us? Or maybe find them with his ability?"

 

"I can't. We need to be very sure of their location first. Teleport isn't easy as you think." Kai answered.

 

"Better not. I don’t want to put anyone at risk. We'll find them now. Don’t waste the time. Let's go!" With the orders from the leader, the members agreed with him without any objections and hurriedly entered the maze.

 

Going through it wasn’t easy as Hana found herself and the others met with a dead end a couple of times. Hearing the guys shouted to call out their another two missing members scared her out.

 

If they're found dead or something bad happened on them, I won't forgive myself.

 

"Guys, are you there?!" She heard Chanyeol's voice calling from the other side and she eventually stopped in her tracks along with others.

 

"Chanyeol, are you alright?! Did you get hurt anywhere?!" Hana was the first one to answer him before Baekhyun did. "Yeah! I think so! I hope you guys could be here soon because I need Lay hyung right now!"

 

"Did you get hurt?!" Chen gasped.

 

"It's Icarus. He seems weak. I'm fine right here. Be quick!"

 

"Is Kris hyung there, too?!" Tao questioned. Worries filled his whole face. "I'm not sure, but I think he's somewhere near from my place!" Chanyeol answered them again and turned out Kai who stepped forward found another way, "Guys, over here!" He motioned them to follow him and they quickly followed.

 

"We'll be there soon!" D.O shouted to let Chanyeol knew .

 

Almost fifteen minutes had passed and none of them could figure out the way through the maze. Hana's eyes wandered over the bushes with full of red and pink roses, along with its thorns when she walked with them.

 

Xiumin walked passed through the maze with another three members behind him and before they even realized, Luhan was the first one to found Chanyeol who sat next to his pet on the another way of the maze. "CHANYEOL! GUYS, QUICK!" Luhan shouted and they hurriedly went to him and Baekhyun was the first one to reach for his friend.

 

"Damn it, Park Chanyeol! You worried me to death! What if you die?!" Baekhyun checked on Chanyeol to make sure he was really fine and the tall guy sighed with the nag, "You and your act. You can make the others think we're gay for some reason, you know!"

 

"How's Icarus? Is it alright?" Hana went to approach and touch the weak phoenix laid on the ground and it's eyes were slightly opened. Lay observed the creature carefully, "He seemed to be hurt after falling down. I'll heal it, first." Lay's hand went to touch Icarus's body and light spark glowed within it.

 

Hana comforted the phoenix as she rubbed on it's head, "Don't worry, everything will be alright." Chanyeol and the others watched over how the phoenix was completely loved how she on it's head.

 

Once Lay had done his work, the phoenix was finally back to itself and was able to stand on its feet. "Let's find Kris. He must be somewhere near from here," Suho spoke up.

 

As they were about to make a move, they heard someone called for their help and they knew it was Kris' voice and he could be a few steps away. Hana hurriedly ran to find and the guys followed her behind. Following to the voice, Hana managed to find Kris, laying weakly on the ground while holding onto his ankle.

 

"KRIS!" Hana ran to reach for him and checked on him as the guys came along to meet with their member. Kai observed on the other side of the way was just a dead end.

 

"Did you get hurt anywhere?!" Tao asked when Kris gritted his teeth. "…My ankle."

 

All eyes went to the part where he was holding and Lay knew it was his duty to heal another pain with his ability. I got this, friend.

 

Kris breathed sigh of relief when the pain disappeared after Lay had done. He took a deep breathe and saw Tao was wiping off his tears, only to hear Sehun said, "Crybaby. You're acting like Kris just got eaten up by a monster!"

 

"I hope you're the one who got eaten by a monster! Let them drag you off to their place and roast you! Hah!" Tao yelled at him. Xiumin shook his head to listen over their pointless argument.

 

"We're here to find the pearls, not to fight. Can you guys stop already?" Baekhyun wanted to whack their heads but controlled himself before noticing D.O, Kai and Luhan were heading to another end of the way to look around.

 

"What did you guys see? Did you memorize the way to get the pearls?" Hana asked out of curiosity. Kris and Chanyeol looked at each other. "We barely remember the way to there." Kris answered.

 

"I think the mocking jay purpose was to distract them. I wonder what are the other things that are waiting for us ahead," Chen made his own conclusion when everyone gathered around to discuss for it.

 

"We'll go through this together. D.O will still use his ability to check the safest way. We just need to prepare." Suho ordered and they even agreed to his decision.

 

There's a way to the North. The pearls are not too far away from you.

 

Out of sudden, Hana heard the voice of the woman told her when none of them had the idea where to go. "Guys…"

 

All of them looked at her face and furrowed their eyebrows when she was about to speak something, "…I know where's the way…"

 

"Are you sure?" Lay asked. "Don't tell me you're hearing that voice again telling us where to go," Sehun added.

 

"I'm sure enough. I trust that the voice can lead us the way to there." And she was confidence enough with her words.

 

The woman is surely someone who has some connections with what we're looking for, Hana thought to herself before making her moves to follow the way that has been told, letting the guys to follow her from behind.

 

Luhan's lips perked upwards to watch over Hana who led the way with the leader. This girl is mysterious. None of us know what's hidden behind all of these, he thought.

 

 


 

I'm sorry for the late update. Actually, I made a decision to quit from writing due to many problems but then I thought that AFF has been like a part of me and my hobby when I get bored. I just love to write and seeing all the comments on my stories make me happy. I know you've been waiting for awhile until I'm back again to update. I decided not to quit and continue being a writer in here again. Thanks for waiting, everyone ♥♥