Sequel

Numb
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One.

 

Their story didn't start with a 'Hello'. It started with an 'Are you okay?', wherein one of them is drenched in hot coffee while the other is marveled at the former's indifference towards the situation. It was a funny way to meet, he thinks.

 

Funny? Perhaps it was. Seungcheol thinks as he blankly stares at the cup of hot coffee sitting infront of him. He hears his heart start breaking at the sudden rush of memories in his head, so he stands up and leaves the cafe. Cup of coffee left and forgotten.

——————————

 

 

 

Five.


He stood there under the rain, wet from head to toe. His clothes were soaked but he looked peaceful standing there. He did not look cold, not at all. His body wasn't even shivering the slightest. He was a very weird guy, he thinks.

 

Seungcheol put his hand in his pocket. He wonders when the rain will stop. He looks up, the sky is dark with no stars, thousands of rain drops falling. He closes his umbrella and leaves it there on the sidewalk, letting himself get soaked in the rain as he walks home. He wonders if the rain was pouring this hard that night. Umbrella left and forgotten.

——————————

 

 

 

Nine.


'8PM- Eats a cup of ramen, two mini baozis, and a carton of strawberry milk for dinner', he jots down the words in his notebook as he steals glances at the guy sitting in the corner table. He's been secretly following him for a few days now, jotting down the things he found out about the guy. What he's doing is called observing and not stalking, he thinks.

 

Seungcheol taps his fingers on the table, lazily sipping on a carton of strawberry milk. His ramen has gone cold now, and his baozis are barely touched. He runs his fingers along the edges of the pages of the notebook, staring outside. He feels Hoshi stare at him as he leaves the convenience store. Notebook left and forgotten.

——————————

 

 

 

Fourteen.


He learns alot of things about him. He learns that he's a good friend, that he's an adopted child, that he's a very lovable person. He also learns that he's suffering from CIPA. He also managed to know that people treat him differently because of that disease. Humans are terrible, he thinks.

 

Seungcheol his strawberry ice cream. He hasn't eaten much, and its already melting. He wonders why people tend to judge others even when they do not know the whole story. He thinks its dumb, to assume something and judge a person based on just your own beliefs and opinions. He feels awful, knowing he's a human too. And so he stands up and leaves, feeling disgusted. Strawberry ice cream left

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter