Four

Numb
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ring.

 

A brunette guy lazily searched for his phone under all the papers in his desk, "Hello. Boo Seungkwan speaking. How may I he--"

 

"Hey Boo."

"Ohmygod. Why the hell are you calling me in the middle of the night? Don't yah know I've got tons of paperwork to do--"

"I just missed you and all your sassiness. Is that a bad thing?"

"No. Yes. I mean-- Whatever." Seungkwan rolls his eyes.

"So sassy, my dearest Boo. Anyway, I got a favor to ask."

"I knew it. You only call me when you need something, psh. What do you need?"

The caller chuckles, "I don't need anything from you, Boo. But my friend does. Go check your email."

Seungkwan does open his email and clicks on the mail that has just been sent to him, "What am I supposed to do with this?"

"Proofread it. Call me when you're done."

"Wtf?! This is so long. I've got other things to do. What makes you think I'll do this, huh?"

"Meh. You'll do it. As soon as possible, I guarantee ya'll."

"I won't do thi--"

"You will. I know you will." The caller chuckles, "Simply 'cause you like me so much you'd do anything for me, won't you Boo?"

" off." Seungkwan hears chuckling from the other line. He cuts the call and tosses his phone on the couch nearby. He stares at his laptop screen, displaying the long email sent to him by that jerk. Crossing his arms, he huffs and starts working.

——————————

 

 

 

After the incident during Joshua's birthday, Seungcheol and Jeonghan have been more closer than ever. Seungcheol never leaves Jeonghan's side now. If he's not around he makes sure that at least someone he trusts can keep an eye on Jeonghan. He's become really protective too, much much more than before. No one dares to insult or even stare at Jeonghan anymore because Seungcheol made sure that anybody who tries to do so will face his wrath. No one wanted an angry Seungcheol, people learned this by witnessing what happened to those who dared to offend his Jeonghan. Joshua, Dino and Hoshi often tease them that they're secretly a couple. Jeonghan just laughs at them, Seungcheol denies with his face flushed. The three other people, who're not satisfied with just teasing started to plot a scheme to make the two confess.

 

"A NEW YEAR VACATION FOR FRIENDS AND FAMILY!" Hoshi shouts at the top of his lungs, dancing weirdly.

"Isn't hyung great? He's so brilliant isn't he?" Dino gushes, joining Hoshi in his weird dance.

 

Jeonghan and Seungcheol exchanged looks.  They've been drag by Joshua here in his house because apparently Hoshi had something important to say to the squad. They didn't expect it to be a vacation announcement. Joshua and Vernon were also sitting on the couch beside them, laughing their asses off at the two idiots still dancing weirdly in front of them.

 

"So everyone's coming, right?" Hoshi says.

"Of course." Joshua says, Vernon just raises a thumbs up.

Hoshi then looks at Seungcheol and Jeonghan, waiting for their answer, "Well, if Jeonghan's coming then I'll go too."

Everyone then turns their attention at Jeonghan, "Well, um, I'd like to come but isn't this um too sudden? I mean, I haven't prepared anything ye--"

"We already did. We packed everyone's suitcases already and if you're gonna say something about financial issues, Joshua's got it covered. So--" Hoshi gets cut off.

"Wait, what? Why do I have to shoulder all your expense--" Joshua tries to complain but then shuts up when Hoshi stares at him, sending a telepathic message.

"As I was saying," Hoshi clears his throat,"You really don't have to worry hyung, all we really need is your consent." Hoshi smiles.

"You're coming, right hyung?" Dino butts in, wiggling his eyebrows.

"Um, since everything's already set then okay. I guess we'll come." Jeonghan says. Hoshi and Dino high-fived.

"Now, up you go." Hoshi says pulling Jeonghan up off the couch. Dino was doing the same to Seungcheol. "Come on, people. The car's waiting!"

"Wait, what? We're leaving already?" Seungcheol asks, staring at the car in front of them. 

"Yes. We did say that all we really needed was your consent, right?" Hoshi cheerfully says, pushing a flustered Jeonghan towards the car.

"Hyung was serious when he said that. Very serious." Dino butts in, pulling the stunned Seungcheol towards the car as well.

 

Vernon and Joshua made themselves comfortable in the front seats. Joshua on the driver's seat and Vernon beside him. Jeonghan was about to seat in the middle row but Hoshi stops him and points at the back.

 

"Lovers are seated at the back. That's so none of us would be scarred to see that moment when the two of you decide to show affection like hug, or kiss, or fu-- OW!" Hoshi rubs the part of his head where Seungcheol has hit him. Dino laughs, clapping. Seungcheol heads to the back seat as well, seating beside Jeonghan but still giving him enough personal space. Dino was the last to get on, he shut the door as he sat beside the pouting Hoshi.

"This is gonna be a long ride." Vernon says chuckling, looking at the people inside the van one by one.

——————————

 

 

"Okay, this'll be the last stop we're gonna make so do what you gotta do, 'kay?" Joshua says parking the van.

"Gotta use the bathroom then." Seungcheol says then leaves.

 

Hoshi and Dino are sleeping, tired from the continuous goofing around that they did during the first few hours of the trip. Vernon is fiddling with his phone, playing a game with his volume on max. Joshua leaned back on his seat, resting from the hours of driving he did.

 

"I'll just go check on Seungcheol." Jeonghan announces as he leaves the van as well. "I'll go buy a few stuff too, do you need anything?" He offers.

"Nah. But where would you buy, hyung?" Vernon asks, pausing his game.

"We passed a convenience store earlier. I'll just jog there, it won't be long." Jeonghan says starting to jog.

 

A few minutes later, a flash of lightning followed by a downpour of rain fell from the skies. A few more minutes and Seungcheol finally came back with an ahjussi carrying an umbrella for him.

 

"Thanks a lot, ahjussi." Seungcheol bows politely and boards the van. "Wait, guys... Where is Jeonghan?" Seungcheol asks, trying his best to be calm.

"Didn't you guys meet? He said he'd check on you then go buy stuff in the convenience store we passed." Vernon said pointing towards the way Jeonghan went.

 

Seungcheol was just about to go out again when Joshua spotted Jeonghan walking towards their direction.

 

"He's here. Geez, calm down, Seungcheol." Joshua says starting the car engine.

 

Jeonghan boarded the car and he was dripping wet, Seungcheol tried to get a towel in one of the suitcases but he only managed to pull out an oversized sweater.

 

"." Seungcheol says under his breath.

"Its fine, that'll do." Jeonghan smiles, holding Seungcheol's hand and getting the sweater.

"But--"

"It'll do, Seungcheol. I don't even feel cold. Don't worry too much, okay?" Jeonghan smiles, pulling his shirt off.

 

Seungcheol was gonna argue much more but Jeonghan had already pulled his shirt off completely. He immediately looked away, his face flushed. His heart is racing and he feels hot all over.

 

"A-Are you done?" Seungcheol says, slowly turning his head towards Jeonghan.

 

Click. Seungcheol and Jeonghan both looked at the source of the noise. It was a polaroid camera, a certain Kwon Hoshi holding it. Dino grabbed the picture, gushing and laughing at the same time.

 

"Its for documentary purposes. We have to make sure that this trip will be forever remembered right?" Hoshi says sitting, staring at the photo in Dino's hand.

"Oh wow. I take good pictures." Hoshi beams proudly, praising himself.

"Omo. Omo. Omo. You both look so cute, ohmygat. Look hyung." Dino says handing the photo to Jeonghan.

 

They both look at the picture Dino gave them. In the photo, Jeonghan was staring at Seungcheol amusedly while Seungcheol was looking in a different direction, his cheeks pink. Jeonghan smiles, Seungcheol flushes more but smiles as well. Click. They both stare at Hoshi's direction again.

 

"Wow. I really take good pictures." Hoshi says, handing them the new photo proudly.

"That's the last one, okay Hoshi? You can take more pictures later but that's enough for now." Jeonghan tells him sternly. Seungcheol was smirking at him, teasing him for getting scolded.

 

Hoshi almost pouted because he got scolded. Almost. If only he hadn't seen the gleam of amusement in Jeonghan's eyes while he said that, he would've sulked like a puppy.

 

"Enough with the pictures, okay Hoshi? We don't want Seungcheol to look like a tomato all day, don't we Hoshi?" Jeonghan says, releasing the laugh he has tried to suppress. 

 

Seungcheol stared at Jeonghan, his expression changed from smirking to pouting real quick. The other people in the van were laughed at the devastated face Seungcheol

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter