One

Numb
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As soon as he finished serving the last table, Choi Seungcheol grabbed the chance to seat and relax in the staff room. Its his first day working at this newly opened cafe and so far things have been running smoothly. Well he's tired from walking back and forth and his face kinda hurts from the necessary smiling he has to do but he guesses its better than starving.

 

He's actually a writer. But its been years since he last released a book because he says that he still hasn't seen anything 'interesting enough' to write about. Thus, leading him to work as a waiter to fend for himself. He wonders when will he be able to write again. He wonders if he'll even find something that'll wake up the writer in him. He wonders if---

 

A crash, a thud and a scream snapped him out of his thoughts. He rushed out of the staff room only to witness Vernon and a girl(?) splayed out on the floor. He would have laughed. He would have if only the girl wasn't drenched in hot coffee.

 

"What happened?" Seungcheol asked Vernon as he approached the scene and helped the customer to stand up.

"I was about to serve coffee to that table when we bumped into each other. I didn't see him, hyung." Vernon explained while standing up as well. "I'm really sorry. Geez, that must've hurt. I'm so so sorry, man." He apologized.

 

Wait, 'him'? Seungcheol stared at the customer and true enough he was shocked to see that what he thought was a girl was actually a guy. What shocked him more was how the guy looked so indifferent. Vernon only had a bit of coffee spilled on his hand but he kept on wincing already. But this guy, this stranger acted like nothing happened even when he's drenched in very hot coffee.

 

"Are you okay? We're really really sorry, sir." Dino came and handed the guy a towel.

"I'm fine. It's nothing." The guy smiled politely. "I guess I'll just go use the bathroom."

"Are you really fine?" Seungcheol asked worriedly because heck that was hot coffee spilled on him. He could get burns or something from that.

"I'm fine. Nothing to worry about, really. It doesn't hurt at all." The guy says as he waves them off.

 

Dino escorted the guy to the bathroom while Seungcheol was left with Vernon cleaning the mess the latter made.

 

That day, even when Seungcheol was lying in his bed and staring at the ceiling he can't help but think about how indifferent the guy looked. He wondered how the guy was able to act like it didn't hurt when his skin was basically turned pink by how hot the coffee was. He wondered if the guy really felt no pain.

——————————

 

 

The next time Seungcheol saw the guy was a few days after the incident. It was a rainy evening and Seungcheol was just on his way home from work when he spotted a guy standing under the rain across the street. He could've ignored him. He could've if only he didn't recognize the long blonde locks of the guy. He immediately ran across the street to where the guy was standing.

 

It took the guy a few seconds before he recognized who Seungcheol was,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter