CHAPTER 5

BY MY SIDE

CHAPTER 5

“ me…” I hissed and I sat up right trying hard to set my mind straight. I finally opened my eyes and looked around, I was at my bedroom safe and sound.

“Morning.” Someone said and I immediately turn to my right and saw Yixing coming with hangover soup and a cup of coffee.

“The hell, dude?” I said and smiled

“What? Too cheesy?” he chuckled and placed the tray of food at my side table and sat at the edge of my bed.

“What happened last night?”

“You passed out like a . Weakling.” He said

“Wow, that coming from you who can’t handle 3 beers.” I said and shake my head

“Long story short, Sungjoo called me to pick you up and I brought you home and do all the dirty work. I know, I‘m a lifesaver.” He said and smiled

“Thanks. Where’s-“

“Sungjoo? She’s at the café working. It’s past 12 already. You should go and wash up now and eat your brunch. I’ll be going soon, just so you know.” He stood up and went outside.

“Where to?”

He smirked and looked at me before leaving my room

“You’re not the only one who has a girl who refuses to be with you.”

I scoffed at his remarks and laughed with a slight of bitterness.

I then proceeded to eating the meal he prepared. I instinctively get my phone and scanned through the messages.

Scanning… Scrolling… No messages from Minjoo. Why do I even bother? I smiled bitterly and texted her.

Good afternoon. You taught I forgot to send you a good morning text? I just overslept. Haha! Have a nice day at work, don’t be too strict with the children though. I love you.” – Jongin

I then placed my phone at the bed and went to the bathroom, I heard Yixing’s motorbike, guess he left, now then.

I then went to take a shower. To clear my headache.

Why is she even scared?

I opened my eyes and was surprised. What the fu-

I pinched my cheeks and blinked a few times. And closed my eyes again.

What was that memory?

It’s all your father’s fault

“WHAT?” I quickly opened my eyes again and panicked. What was that memory? Was it from last night?

Calm down, Jongin. Retrace your steps, clear your thoughts, and breathe.

I inhaled and exhaled. I finished with my hot shower and called Sungjoo.

“Hello?”

“We need to talk.”

“About what?”

“About last night.”

“What about it?”

“You told me something last night but I can’t quite recall it, I-“

“There’s nothing to talk about, Jongin. Just forget everything. I need to go.”

“Sungjoo!”

Beep

Damn it.

I clothed myself and went outside, went to the park and admired the sky.

What did my father did? And which father is she referring? My dad? The step-dad? I sat comfortably at the bench and close my eyes for a second to rest my head.

Because she was threatened, Jongin.

This is all your father’s fault.

She’s scared of what your dad can do to her and to you. She’s scared that he will not hesitate to re-do the bad deeds he did in the past.

I bolted right up from my seat and breathed heavily.

“W-what…”