CHAPTER 2

BY MY SIDE

Ring ring ring

“oh?” I woke up from my sleep and looked at my wall clock.

“It’s 8 already? She must be packing her things now, right?” I said to myself and got up, put up my jacket.

“Your tutoring is over right? Don’t forget to eat dinner and get home safely.” – Jongin

I headed out and walked over to the nearby convenience store, and got myself a cheap sausage.

I checked my watch, 9PM. She should be walking right about…

“Thank you for your hard work!” a familiar voice said, I quickly bowed my head down pretending to text someone when in reality I was watching her.

There she goes, buying her meal for tonight, again. Jjangmyun. I sighed as I see her walking unknowingly back to her home. When she was now far from me, I followed her behind slowly. Making sure that she really gets home safe.

“1… 2… 3…4…5….” She counted her steps as she was near her crib.

“10!” she shouted and I almost got a heart attack because of that, I quickly recovered only to…

“I told you to leave me, right?” she said, looking at me, no… she’s not looking at me, only facing my direction but her eyes are elsewhere and not looking into mine.

“And I told you I won’t, right?” I answered with confidence, even though I’m nervous on the inside. I don’t know why I’m nervous, maybe because this is the first time in a month that I had converse with her.

“Jongin, we’re over. It’s been how many years already. I can’t keep telling and pushing you away every now and then. Why are you still bothering me? Why do you keep coming back? Can’t you just leave me alone? Forget me and live your life.” She said, those same words again. I chuckled bitterly

“Keep pushing me, keep ignoring my texts and keep scolding me. It’s better to live this way. It’s better to live while quietly protecting you, quietly caring for you and still quietly loving you than living a life without you in it.” I told her, the same words too, she didn’t replied to me that night. She only walked inside her house without a word, without a trace of sadness, without a trace of guilt feeling. I smiled bitterly and whispered

“Good night, Minjoo.” And then walked back to my place.

“oh? It’s Jongin-ah!” the old owner of a pet shop said while I was walking

“Good evening, sir. Why are you outside? It’s a bit cold.” I said

“Aigoo, the animals are left alone in the shop, you see, so I the heated for them in case they might get cold.” He said and laughed, his old man laugh, and I smiled.

“Right, I haven’t seen you in a while. How have you been? And Minjoo? Did you two have married already?” he asked and a sudden pang was felt in my heart.

I smiled bitterly and shook my head.

“It’s okay, son. Sooner or later. Have a good night then, okay?” he said and I waved goodbye.

As I walk inside my house, I began imagining Minjoo sitting at the couch eating Pringles while watching The Walking Dead.

“Oh you’re here? Come and watch with me!” I shifted my gaze to the kitchen and I saw her figure cutting apples. “We should buy an apple peeler next time.” Tears kept flowing down my face.

Why is the world so cruel?

 

I went to my bed only and texted her a good night sleep. Threw my phone off to the side and my TV.

Another lonely night for the bachelor Kim Jongin.

 

I woke up at 3AM again, my TV was showing advertisements of Shampoo Products and I realized that my Aircon was on high that cause me waking up. I stretch my arms and legs and began to turn it down. I went back to bed and reach for my phone.

“What?” I whispered to myself and rubbed my eyes.

I blink a couple of times and refreshed my phone again.

I sat up right and typed the hell of it. I smiled ear to ear and went to the bathroom to have an early start.

“YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSS!!!!!” I shouted to the top of my lungs and punched the air. Threw my phone to the bed and closed my bathroom door.

“Let’s go there after my shift tomorrow. Let’s meet at the bus station near my school. Have a good night too.” – Minjoo, 12:00AM

“I’ll be there. You don’t know how happy I am right now, Minjoo. See you.” – Jongin, 3:15AM

 

AUTHOR's SIDE NOTE:

Sorry if it was a short update. Been busy (lazy) these past few days. Bear with me. 

Sincerely, I am truly sorry. I will keep you updated with this story and don't forget to leave a comment down below on how you think of this story. 

Love lots, happyvirusam.