The wrong villain?

Aiming for the moon

-Flashback-

A man in a dark blazer stood outside the office as his hands started to sweat. His forehead has already been layered with the dampness that seeped out of his head. He couldn’t move. He stared at the tall wooden door ahead of him as his feet rooted so firmly on the floor beneath, as if every muscle in his body froze in fear, of the unwanted attention he has been given by none other than the CEO herself though his hands fumbled so vigorously, trembling almost. His eyes, blurred with uncertainty together with his age, wavered from side to side, anxious with what was going to greet him once he entered the room. His throat dry, legs slightly shaking but he never ran away.

But knowing well the woman inside was someone he has grown to respect, now grown to be feared – this was quite an unusual routine in the Moon household.

He has worked with the woman, be on her side, for the last few years she has been on the throne – knowing that coming to her office was no extraordinary thing, he has done it several times though the young woman despises her personal space to be invaded so casually, however, some things require her immediate attentions. Jackson is proud to say he was one of the trusted ones, to be able to go in and out whenever necessary, within reasons and permissions, of course.

This, then again, felt different. The way she called him first, was quite alarming.

It felt like as if it was an invitation.

To what exactly? Jackson pondered for a little while.

He has been working for the family in a very long time, he knew the members of the Moon group appreciate discretion very much, more than everyone else – he knew what was about to come, but it doesn’t make him like doing it and definitely didn’t do any good to soothe his nerves, nonetheless.

He sighed inaudibly.

He forcefully moved his right arm forward, fist bawled hesitantly as it softly made an impact with the door, knocking once, hoping that the woman would change her mind.

Luck, however, was not on his side.

“Come in,” he heard a muffled reply on the other end.

Jackson gulped once again.

He entered in caution as he was greeted with the woman’s entire focus on the papers in her hands, the lights from the laptop screen glowed onto her face as her eyes ran wildly across the words.

She was as busy as ever, sometimes even Jackson wondered if the young woman has time for her own. By the looks of it, it may not be that case ever.

“Miss Moon,” he began as the woman showed no signs of stopping, hands busied themselves writing and typing, as if no breaks would be granted for her. The butler felt like an intruder, as if halting the woman’s job was the biggest crime, seeing how the woman seemed to have her entire concentration on it. “You wanted to see me?”

She looked up eventually, stopping whatever things she was doing, eyes slowly focusing on the older man’s curious yet calm expression. Her eyes turned from confusion to realization within seconds.

“Yes,” she sighed, tired. “Yes, forgive me. I am pretty preoccupied.”

She was a mess, he could see it through her. Though her dedication for her work has become more apparent, yet the works have been nothing but a burden – especially for a young woman who has no choice but to handle a huge company on her own.

“Shall we reschedule for another time?” The older man suggested as worries latched upon his eyes.

However, the change in his tone wasn’t received well. Moonbyul didn’t like it, not even a little.

She wasn’t to be pitied, she thought.

“No,” she moved the papers aside, hand eagerly gestured towards the chair in front, “do sit down, Jackson.” She folded her hands over each other.

The offer caused the older man to pause – that can never be good. In so many years he has been working in this side of the job, when the head of a group offering a man like him a seat was never been a good sign. Especially seeing how formal but sudden the meeting was.

He felt guarded almost immediately, though the woman’s respectful attitude showed nothing but herself at that point.

“That is quite alright, Miss Moon--” he started to shrug it off, hoping the young woman to get the hint but soon was abruptly cut-off.

“It has been awhile since we’ve talked,” the youngest Moon smiled politely as she, again, gestured towards the leather chair opposite of her, “please do sit down. I won’t ask you again.”

It wasn’t an invitation, it was an order. The man had no alternatives to begin with.

Jackson tentatively moved and sat – eyes watching the younger woman’s every move, however, he was always welcomed with a warm smile instead.

Once he settled down, the woman gave no time to voice her thoughts.

“How long have you been with our family, Jackson?” she tucked her chin on top of her right palm a she moved her hand on top of the hard desk. Eyes glistened with wonder but so intensely was she staring, the butler felt like he was being interrogated instead of having a normal conversation.

“For a very long time, Miss Moon.” He answered shortly but the woman was clearly dissatisfied with the lingered response.

“Tell me, how did you start working with us?”

Jackson frowned, what an odd question, “I am sure you have been informed--”

“Tell me again.”

Jackson hesitated, the woman has never interrupted him, not even during ultimate urgency. She was always being courteous, a side of her that fully distinguished herself from the other members of her family. This side of the woman, however, was nothing he ever encountered, if it’s even that possible, considering that he has been working closely with her from the very beginning. This side of the woman has never been unleashed upon him. It made him wonder, maybe it was quite intentional. Maybe he was deceived as much as her grandmother is.

“I first worked with your grandfather when he was given the CEO position as the rightful heir to the Moon group,” Jackson started and continued as the woman nodded, “I was his personal bodyguard and personal investigator.”

“How loyal.”

She said it with no emotions laced around them. The words were delivered so sarcastically as her face showed instant disinterest despite of her praise – it confused the older man why she was even bothering to listen, she knew the family’s history like it was at the back of her hand. Yet, there they were, back again with her grandfather’s story.

It was never a secret how hated Master Moon was – by his staff, his own siblings, his own son even but Moonbyul was careful enough not to scandalize her subtle hatred for the man she didn’t have the chance to meet.

Jackson knew well the young woman has even memorized every single detail of the group – she was that dedicated.

“So, you knew his son?” She asked further.

“I watched him grew up, yes.” He confirmed after a long pause, a gap patiently waited by the young woman.

“What was my father like?”

Jackson was taken aback with the sudden question. He didn’t expect for the CEO to ask about her father – she was utterly quiet when it comes to her parents, as if it was a taboo to whisper on in the household; he wasn’t sure whether it was the anger or the regret of Madame Moon for such thing to be avoided fully.

But one thing was sure – this meeting was personal, more personal than he thought it would be.

“Smart and kind. He was one of the brightest man I have ever met.” He told her honestly.

“My mother?”

“I didn’t know her personally.”

Moonbyul laughed quietly as she shook her head, “you shouldn’t lie to me, Jackson.”

Jackson started to feel threaten, the humourless laugh awoken him instantaneously.

“I may have never met my grandfather but I heard he wasn’t a good man. He was too curious to be good. I’m sure you needed to do some digging when my father wanted to marry my mother, yes?” she reassured.

“Yes.”

“Well?”

“There was nothing to dig, she was a maid, taking over her mother’s job,” the older man reluctantly said and paused as he saw the woman’s eyes narrowed, “we often went with complete and thorough inspection when we hire staff for the Moon group. It was a general protocol.” He explained. “It was well concluded that your mother bear no heavy secrets, nothing spectacular to bring the group in shame… if anything ever happen.” He finished.

The woman stared blankly at him.

“You have been working under my grandfather for a very long time, as it seems.”

“Yes, I have.”

“You also worked under my grandmother. How did that happen?”

“She took the position when her husband died, so I became her personal butler. My age, though, didn’t allow me to become a bodyguard anymore, however, I still offered my service to this family.” He sincerely added, hoping the woman could sense his genuine loyalty to the group.

“Now you work under me.” She stated.

“Yes.”

“You have served three different CEOs in this family, so tell me Jackson…” she challenged as she smirked, ignoring the man’s neutral face; the lack of care in her voice however qualms the butler’s heart, “is it worth it for me to keep you any longer?”

Jackson gave no reply.

He could have never question the girl’s intentions, but it was expected for her to distrust some of her staff.

Madame Moon warned him before.

It wasn’t as if this was the first time it ever happened in the family.

“I’m sure we have our secrets, one way or another.” She sighed, accepting the truths rather quickly. “Now, I’m offering you a choice,” she smiled wickedly almost, a view so unfamiliar to the man, “would you like to tell me what is my grandmother surely hiding behind my back? I’m sure I’ll spare you for this.” She offered.

Jackson’s breath broke in patterns as his eyes dilated in panic.

“Forgive me, Miss Moon. That is confidential.”

“You’re putting your years of work on the line here, Jackson.” She mocked further, anticipating the crack in the man’s devotions.

“By which I will never exchange with just several information.” Yet he was determined to prove her wrong.

Moonbyul smirked in glee, “you’re telling me that, you would rather get fired and not tell me Madame Moon’s secrets?”

The man stayed silent.

“Not even just a tiny one? Are you really that dumb?”

“I am loyal to those I served,” his back straightened as he clenched his fists, eyes stared at the crown of the woman but avoid her eye contacts knowing she could read him well, knowing the hurtful look she was giving him, “be it your grandfather, your grandmother or you, my service is for those who leads this group. It doesn’t matter if I served different people in different times, Miss Moon, I, however, will not rat out secrets of the members of this family, not even to you.”

Moonbyul stood suddenly and hammered both of her palms on the table, a sound welcoming the man’s ear unexpectedly, causing him to flinch but didn’t react quite strongly out of the respect for the woman.

“Good!” the woman shouted as she laughed.

His adrenaline pumped around his body, feet ready to run. Seeing the woman’s glowing eyes petrified him.

“Jackson,” she sat down and sighed, “from now on, I will trust you like I have never done before. You have proven your loyalty to me, though yes, you also have proven loyalty to my grandparents,” she sneered, “but I will keep you, for later purposes.”

“Thank you, Miss Moon.” He wasn’t sure if he should feel relief or on edge.

“If ever I found out you work behind me, I would do much worse than you could ever imagine. Do not test me; I do not have time to play around.” The woman alerted offhandedly. She, however, was serious about the threat. The Moon group gives no untruthful threats – it was one of the thing people feared the most about them.

He nodded.

Though the woman was smiling, the eye bags were so imminent – it was entirely hard to ignore.

She was tired and Jackson wondered whether he should be vocalized about it, but seeing the fidgety hands of the CEO stopped him.

“Are… are you okay Miss Moon?” but he couldn’t stop himself entirely from worrying – he was simply doing his job.

She is to be protected – Madame’s order was crystal clear.

She stared at him as her smile dropped, “yes.” As if her energy depleted right away, right in front of him, now seeing her calm demeanour replaced her bones in an instant.

With a simple answer, Jackson nodded – not satisfied, but it was clear the woman needed space on her own.

“Do me a favour, please Jackson. Would you find out more on the Jung group for me?” She sunk into her chair, eyes still bore themselves into the man’s wary expressions.

He frowned.

“We already have their stats, Miss Moon.” He explained. “We had massive collaborations in the past.”

“No,” the woman shook her head, “dig deeper. I want to know their problems, relationships, rumours, everything you could offer me. I want more than I already knew.”

Ah, that’s why.

“Right away, Miss Moon.”

He was worried about her – as a CEO, it didn’t surprise him for the woman to be curious of another group, The Jung group has been a business alliance to the Moon group. Now seeing the youngest Jung will be tied with the youngest Moon, surely the relationship between the two groups would be even closer. However, the tiring eyes said otherwise – this was not a mere curiosity, this was almost like an obsession.

Should he press further?

As if sensing the question, the woman sighed for the nth time as she now shifted her attention back to the documents in hands; “what is it?” she asked the butler without really looking at him.

Her sudden mood change – unusual, yet expected. Her behaviour, whether the youngest Moon knows it or not, is very similar with Madame Moon. Maybe because the CEO was being mentored by her grandmother personally, yet the glory and passionate eyes of the young CEO was far more forceful. Even more than he had ever seen in Madame Moon’s eyes.

It surprised the butler with the question but he collected himself immediately, “nothing, Miss Moon.”

“Don’t lie to me,” she warned but she knew perfectly the man would never do such a thing.

He bowed his head lightly, “I was just taken aback with the sudden request, that is all.”

She hummed, “I’m sure.”

“Is that all?”

“Yes, thank you for your time.”

“Of course, Miss Moon.”

As he reached for the door, Moonbyul once again spoke in a quiet voice but as the silence already embracing them, it was hard not to miss.

“Madame should never know about our encounter, Jackson.”

He turned to face her and asked, “how about Young Lady Kang?”

Surely a friend would be in the picture, he predicted. The young lawyer has been known to have a close relationship with the woman. Jackson questioned whether the Kang’s ambitious daughter was in the dark as everyone else.

She sighed in return, as she concluded on the spot, “not even her – this is a private matter.”

“Yes, Miss Moon.”

Not even her.

 

-End of flashback-

 

Seulgi massaged her temple softly, quite a useless effort to ease the pain that is slowly building up at the back of her head as she lazily scanned her eyes through the countless of words in front of her. She sighed heavily, eyes already narrowed to force the letters in, yet she felt as if she was stuck reading the same sentence for the last 10 minutes. She tried to shake the attempting procrastination whispered so seductively to her ears and refused to give in, but now looking at the piles and piles of documents greeted her so unusually bright in her office this morning, the mere thoughts of having a cup of coffee and not think about her work right now sound so heavenly. It is not that she didn’t like the job – hell she is good at it but sometimes, trying to defend a liar so clearly deserving a harsh punishment is such an irony to be a lawyer. She chooses her cases well, asking her personal assistant to not even bother with cases like frauds, but of course that would never stay consistent. The company is still and sadly owned by her father who knows no boundaries when it comes to profit. Though Seulgi didn’t like it when she was young, too naïve about the world to only save those who deserve it, but she grew to mask the hatred over the years; hiding the disgust for those she “saved” from the earth’s hell, seeing the people walked free ignoring the numbers of victims laid on their shoulders. Seulgi hates it, hates her job because of it, even hates herself for it but she won’t sulk at the corner, forcing herself to at least be the best in the family, something clearly her siblings aren’t able to keep up. It gives her pure satisfaction knowing at least her family got beaten at something, though it might be their pride, however, Seulgi tried her hardest to make name on her own and not carry her family name everywhere she goes. Not wanting to give credit to her own family sounds so cruel, yet enemies admired her for her boldness, selfish trait and confidence – she might be the Kang Seulgi but it was only Seulgi who made people to respect her for such abilities in court could only be pulled by her alone. However, trying to be perfect all the time could be so draining. The mask she wore could be melting by now, slowly, but most definitely and she was determined to harden the broken mask, nonetheless, with a case of Moonbyul always at the back of her mind, it could be quite challenging for her to act right about now.

Seulgi groaned internally in annoyance, remembering her encounter with the pink-haired, very manipulative, beautiful someone. Meeting the woman gave her chills and not in a very good way. The woman oozed danger, her smile pained almost, her eyes dark and her actions wary. She shouldn’t have gone to her and Seulgi scolded herself to get carried away once again. But she is too far to stop now, having to meet the mysterious cousin later on, as she received an awfully friendly email from the devil 2 days ago;

 

 

Devil: Meet her at this place and at this time! :D

Seulgi: Miss Kim, if I have to remind you once more, we haven't reach an agreement yet.

Devil: Oh don't worry, we'll disucss this! I am picking you up for the date :D

Seulgi: That would be unnecessary, Miss Kim.

Devil: I'll pick you up.

 

 

She puts the papers down, giving up at this point to continue any further as she took off her glasses begging to be taken down from the edge of her nose.

She leaned back and took a long breath, her temple annoyingly punching through her head.

But before she could exhale fully, a soft knock on her door greeted her.

Seulgi hummed quietly, knowing her assistant would do that before she made her entrance from time to time. Yet as she waited, the familiar blonde woman was nowhere to be seen but was interrupted her lines of thoughts with another soft knock against the tall door.

Seulgi frowned this time. Surely any guests she should have a meeting with would be under her schedule, but as she stared at the angry clock on her desk to her left, she shouldn’t have any clients to deal with. Not for the rest of the day, that is.

A few seconds have past and another knock can be heard once again, but this time with more force.

Should she call security? Seulgi pondered. Surely her office would be the safest haven for her.

Two knocks, almost impatiently accompanied each other.

The young lawyer stood slowly, eyes hardened in fear and nerves but never stray from the door at the front. She shakily reached the red button on the phone next to her but as she waited the rings to end, no one answered.

Seulgi gulped, what the hell is going on out there?

Three knocks, bang bang bang!

She approached the door so very slowly, holding her breath so closely as she could hear her heart thumped against her chest, her heels almost seemed so loud against the floor – her arms reached forward hesitantly, fear engulfing her mind seeing the wooden door slightly rattle as the series of knocks continued.

Seulgi felt ridiculous, what could possibly be waiting for her behind those doors anyways? But in her line of job, one can never be too careful. It could be some unsatisfying, purely convinced people, who have wanted her gone. That isn’t a secret. What if a client was crazy enough to hire an assassin for her? To do the dirty jobs?

Three knocks.

She held the doorknob, feeling the cold sensation of the metal handle shocked her, it didn’t help to ease her fast beating heart.

Four quick but loud knocks.

What if it was Solar’s men?

Seulgi flinched and shivered at the same time, hearing the sound far more threatening up close.

Oh, F it! Just open the door Seulgi-ah, she said to herself.

She quickly held the door knob, taking a deep breath and swing the door open. As much as she was scared, she was also insanely curious.

The door opened, and she was ready to fight.

Her heart dropped a beat.

“Oh my god, Hyejin!” She exclaimed, hands still bawled in fists, covered her chest in surprise but eyes relieved seeing the familiar face in front of her, eyes as wide as hers, as the woman’s mouth gaped in shock mirroring her.

“Yah! What’s wrong with you? Don’t do that ever again,” Seulgi whined and closed her eyes momentarily and opened her eyes seconds later, already masking themselves in blames. A bit embarrassed to have let her cool down for just a minute.

“Excuse me? What’s wrong with you?” The other one shouted, feeling insulted and entirely defensive. “Why were you taking your sweet time to open the door? These heels are not helping my feet,” she groaned, clicking the heels loudly to insist her pain.

Seulgi pulled out an annoyed face, ignoring the questions, “how did you get in here anyway? Where the hell is my assistant?”

“Eve?” The woman questioned, already on the first name basis and Seulgi’s eyes squinted in suspicion, “she went to the toilet,” she stated and pointed at the room way behind the receptionist’s desk, as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. Not seconds later, a blonde woman returned to her desk, looking so innocent, having no idea that her boss was literally about to pee her pants.

As if feeling her boss’s stare on her, Eve turned to face both women like a deer caught in flashlight.

Seulgi waved her hand in dismissal as the woman of attention opened to speak, not wanting to hear excuses from the assistant. “How did you get past the security downstairs?” Seulgi frowned deeply.

“I’m a ninja.” She whispered seriously and smirked.

“Hyejin,” Seulgi warned, hands already on her waist in an intimidating stance, not wanting to play around.

“Okay fine! I said I was Young Lady Ahn and they just let me dance through,” she surrendered both of her hands up, in guilt and slightly in joy. “You really need to have better security,” she scoffed after seeing the disbelief in the lawyer’s face.

Seulgi finally opened the door wider as she progressed the information in, inviting the woman in before replying in a tired tone, “trust me, I tried.”

Hwasa looked around the office as she entered. It was large, maybe too large for her taste, a bit dull in colour but it screamed the young lawyer so well. One thing she first noticed, however, was the smell of the strong coffee, overwhelming her almost as she could already feel her nose alert in panic, but the smell of wooden furniture fortunately calmed her. She hated coffee and it makes her feel sick.

Seulgi knows this as she quickly retrieved the transparent pot and her cup of coffee away from the main office room, disappearing from the sight of her guest before returning just as swiftly. Hwasa’s unconscious disgust expression dispersed away as the smell lessened, though it was still there but she was able to stand it. She appreciates the gesture fully.

“--But my father really wanted to have his policy open always here in this building,” Seulgi continued, expecting the woman to still following the conversation.

Luckily, she did. “What exactly is this policy?”

Seulgi jeered, signalling the woman to sit on the large sofa on the other corner of the room, “well, if a client wanted to have an immediate meeting, personal meeting, they’ll be sent through – especially those from your family.” Seulgi said in a professional manner, not wanting to assume the woman’s presence was due to a certain pink-haired woman; the young lawyer didn’t forget to act despite of the history they 'lovingly' shared. The young woman is from the Ahn group, and as a lawyer, she should have treated the woman as a client first. She realized her mistake right away after she was shockingly greeted at the door.

“I’m flattered,” Hwasa smirked playfully and with that, Seulgi’s professional performance crumbled straightway as she rolled her eyes and sat in front of the now dark long-haired woman.

“Why are you here?” Seulgi clasped her hands together in inquisitiveness.

The woman shrugged nonchalantly as she inspects her colourful nails in disinterest, “I just want to see your attire for today’s date.”

The young lawyer froze with that single statement, eyes unblinking, as millions of things ran through her mind at the same time.

After hearing no response, Hwasa turned to stare at the woman and received a confused and, if she was not mistaken, a fearful expression, “what?"

“Nothing,” the composed behaviour was back again, “I was just surprise you would know such a thing.”

“Your date with Solar’s cousin?”

Seulgi nodded slowly.

“Well, I’m engaged to Solar, and I’m happened to be very close to her cousin.”

Seulgi couldn’t decipher how much the woman knows in total – even by glowering over the woman’s unmoving expression, it was impossible to read.

Hwasa exhaled, “if it makes you happy, she didn’t tell me everything. I just heard that you are willing to do something for her cousin.”

Seulgi looked unconvinced and Hwasa didn’t even try criticising her.

“Don’t tell me you’re wearing that for the date.”

Seulgi stared at her outfit, “what’s wrong with it?”

The white blouse, the grey pants – it gives Hwasa headaches already.

“You might want to be at your best for this, really Seulgi-ah, she’s like very pretty.”

Seulgi crossed her arms, a bit offended because it was literally the best she could pull. She hasn’t been on a date for a very, very long time. The butterfly in her stomach doesn’t help much either. “I will take that advice into a consideration, but I will not discuss my business with your fiancée or her cousin with you any longer.” She was tense, that Hwasa could immediately sense.

“Look,” the younger woman ran her hands through her hair in frustration, decided not to hide around the bush any longer, considering the lawyer have started to build her wall up again, despite the reunion, “my fiancée is no ordinary woman and I’m not saying this to compliment her. I know her reputations well and I know you, and many thousand others, judge me for loving her, but I love that woman because of who she is to me behind closed door. But, to everyone else, I know, she is not the woman of saint.”

Seulgi stayed quiet, pondering for a little while, letting the woman to set her points straight.

Hwasa looked down, staring at the legs of the coffee table in front of her instead of the conflicting eyes of the lawyer as she continued, “what I did to Moonbyul haunts me and I feel guilty about it for years – I admit I was wrong and selfish.” She admitted quietly, in shame almost. “I’m willing to take your side this time, Seulgi-ah. I know you hate the arrangements they made for Moonbyul and Wheein, and I’m willing to be on your side. I don’t want to meddle their story but if you think it’s a wise choice, I will follow. This is my way to redeem myself.” I need to redeem myself.

“So, you do know everything.”

“I don’t,” Hwasa shook her head softly with a small smile, “because first of all; I don’t want to – I know I will disagree with my fiancée’s choice in her business. Second of all; she can be brutal and heartless, I cannot bear to see her destroy lives in front of my eyes. I actually prefer to be in the dark as everyone else, it makes it easier to love her.” She sadly added.

“Then, it will destroy you, keeping a secret like this,” Seulgi warned, the youngest member of the Ahn group must know what is the consequence for following such a thing; Hwasa loves Wheein and the young lawyer never stopped believing in that – both of them has been like sisters during high school, now seeing the hurtful frowned of the youngest Ahn, it is still the case.

Hwasa nodded knowingly, accepting the fact rather quickly than Seulgi expected, “and it will destroy you too.”

Seulgi closed her eyes. Truth hurts but she would rather take it than a beautiful lie.

“There are so many people who made mistakes by trusting my fiancée and I’m telling you right now, whatever games you are playing with her, her games are not built for the opponents to win, ever. It’s a trick,” she was begging at this point. Though the lawyer could never admit it out loud, Hwasa on the other hand, has always considered the young woman as ‘a friend’ and it worries her how far into the game she really is, “You don’t have to do this, you could back out now.”

“So, you came here to manipulate my decision?”

“I came here to help you.”

“What other choice do I have?”

“Plenty, Seulgi-ah.”

“No, I don’t.” She stared at Hwasa’s pledding eyes. “No one is going to stop the marriage and you know that.”

Hwasa’s silence was heavy, yet a few moments later she finally said, “we don’t have to stop the marriage, they’re grownups. Most marriages can be based on acting. It’s a good alliance for both families, you have to think this through.”

“It’s not healthy, especially when one side has fallen deep.”

“How do you know the other isn’t?”

“Wheein in incapable of loving,” Seulgi glared so viciously, Hwasa was taken aback by the strong hatred for her best friend. Yet, deep down, Hwasa felt like as if Seulgi was looking for a reason to hate the woman even more, as if she knows it wasn’t a good reason anymore. She’s a smart lady, surely a history in high school should have been laughed at, not to be hated with.

“She has changed, I can guarantee you that.”

“It still doesn’t erase for what she has done to her.”

Hwasa watched her, saw the slight tremble of the woman’s tight fist, the tremble of the woman’s pale lips, the unsure movements of her pupils, the restless feet of the lawyer sitting in front of her – now it finally clicked to her. She wasn’t angry, she was nervous.

“Seulgi,” Hwasa tried to reach to her as her hand extended towards the woman’s face to comfort her, but Seulgi flinched quickly followed by an apologetic expression, by which the lion repossessed her hand back to her territory, not wanting to push the clearly agitated woman, “are you that worried?”

“Yes,” she confessed.

“Wheein will not hurt her, I believe in that.”

“The thing is,” Seulgi turned her face towards the large window on her left with eyes looking so distant, eyebrows burrowed in concern, “I’m not worried about Moonbyul,” she softly stated that makes Hwasa’s sweat ran cold as her eyes dilated in the revelation, “I’m more worried about Wheein.”

Seulgi fiddled with her thumbs, “this wedding will not do them any good, for any of them.”

“I don’t understand.”

“She is unpredictable nowadays, even I don’t know what she was thinking all the time.”

“Seulgi…”

“Trust me,” the lawyer stared hard into Hwasa’s eyes, wanting her to really listen to this, “this is not the Moonbyul you remembered her as.”

 

 

p/s: So hi everyone :) truth to be told, this chapter has been sitting on my laptop for months but I had a hard time uploading it - it's just I'm not sure if anyone is still following the story haha but it's okay! I'm just gonna upload it here <3 thank you for reading! Mamamoo hwaiting!