The sweet suite (part 1)

Aiming for the moon

Their trip to the mall and the whole journey home were quiet, oddly. The younger girl didn’t even utter a single word unless Moonbyul ask her something first, and her answers were always short.

Moonbyul doesn’t know what to do.

She tried to lighten up the mood by cracking up greasy jokes and by complimenting the girl, with the tiny hope of bringing up even just a tint hint of that beautiful smile on Wheein’s face. Even just a tad teaser would be fine but of course, none of them came.

Wheein would give out a smile nevertheless, but it was a polite one; not the one Moonbyul is craving for and definitely not the one that reaches her eyes.

The shopping errand ended rather quickly as they left no sooner than 5 minutes after her talk with Hani and her fiancée seems distant ever since.

Moonbyul really doesn’t know what to do.

She was this close to panicking, she even thought it would be a good idea to ring Hani for help but opted denying the horrible idea at the end; fully taking Hani’s advice really and if she was right to begin with, calling the other woman in front of the confusingly jealous fiancée would be a suicidal mission to be honest and Moonbyul really doesn’t want to further intensify the green fire inside the girl – remembering how scary the woman can be earlier on when Moonbyul first spotted the adorable envy behind the girl’s adorable pupils.

It was comforting for a split second, knowing well that the younger woman at least likes her that much to be jealous of seeing her rather ‘normal’ interactions with Hani but the reality soon washes over her mind that she is really the inexperienced one in this relationship.

It swiftly dawns over her that she really doesn’t have any idea how to handle this version of Wheein.

Should she apologize?

But that would means that she would be admitting of doing something wrong to begin with, at which in her defence, she did not do such things. If it is the case, then Hani should apologize for doing such extra skin-ship in front of her fiancée.

Moonbyul squinted both of her eyes in slight annoyance.

‘That girl, how dare she played me like that? Ugh, I hate you Hani for pushing me into this mess.’

Moonbyul knows the girl is hot and popular with her pranks and jokes every single time they hang out with each other, so really – the tricks she pulled a while ago wasn’t really a shocking discovery, but rather an expected one, seeing how much the taller girl seems to really enjoy her suffering ever since they were young.

But this?

And she isn’t the one who is going to explain this to the shorter woman at the end of the day and Moonbyul is quite frustrated with Hani’s playful behaviour tonight and for not being there to support her in her hardest moment of her life.

Truly, her hardest moment of her life. Though, that would sounds a bit exaggerated but who is she to say otherwise?

Moonbyul took a spit glance on her right, planting the image of her silent companion sitting on the passenger seat into her memory as her eyes focusing steadily to whatever buildings, people, and lights that pass through the car’s clear windows as the day seemingly darkens by the minute; engulfing the country with its soothing darkness and further amplify the lights that brighten up the whole city as the music rang by from the edges of the street, night markets coming to life, the smell of food radiating from the street booths and the fancy restaurants as the unfamiliar foreign languages are easily exchanged between the sellers and the fellow customers, locals and tourists walk together like the both of them, the sound of people cheering loudly from the nearby pub, drinking happily and eating foods with hardly pronounced names.

Even though Moonbyul’s car is fully enclosed with the surrounding protective mirrors, the buzzing sounds outside the rectangle vehicle somehow have the ability to smoothly made their way inside and into both of the women’s sensitive ears; fulfilling the quiet sound in the car in an extreme contrast with the living fun from the other side.

Moonbyul let out a tiny smile; amused and amazed at the same time seeing how the French people and the city of lights play directly in front of her eyes – how stunning the scenes be to be witnessed this closely to her heart and mind, and how lucky could she be to lay down her feet on this ground alongside the woman of her life.

Moonbyul has always been intrigued with the idea of travelling and exploring the world, whether or not it be the places of beauty like this one or places of histories, stories and struggles; experiencing variety of cultures, traditions, languages and manners.

She has visited Paris before but it was only for a short moment and for work, obviously as it did not give Moonbyul the time to spend on her own, observing and fully enjoying the experience of being in the stunning city.

“Paris is so pretty.” Moonbyul unconsciously whispered loudly as her eyes scanning wildly the crowded environment around her as the car halted to a stop in the traffic ahead of them.

Wheein without straying her eyes away from the mirror right beside her, hummed in acknowledgement in return. The taller girl turned to face the other one due to the half-hearted response as her eyebrows painted so in a conflicted manner and her eyes portraying apologetic messages that would appear so much clearer if the girl of attention just take a mini look towards her direction but indubitably, Wheein was like a statue the whole journey home; avoiding Moonbyul’s eye contact as much as she could and replying as little as she hopes to the taller girl’s persistent attempt to rise up any distracting conversations.

But Wheein refused to give in.

She knows how childish she is acting right now. Her fiancée has done nothing wrong so far; Moonbyul is actually being absolutely nothing but gentle to her, kind, loving, warm – but Wheein couldn’t help herself but to be mad, not to her fiancée but rather to herself.

She is so mad on how little control she really has, feeling the sudden jealousy at the back of and self-doubt after seeing one of Byul’s closest friends up closed. Seeing the much taller girl’s friendly interactions with her fiancée surfaced up feelings that have been bubbling inside that she didn’t know it even existed at the first place.

Her envy, her instinct to protect Byul, her desire to have Byul just on her own and no one else are quite a shocking thing to be slapped on the face with.

She knows she likes Byul, so much so that she already becoming more clingy to her own fiancée just on their 4th meeting.

They are moving fast, that much Wheein knows.

But Wheein likes her; likes the way Byul is looking at her, likes the way Byul treated her like she is the most precious person in her life, and likes the way how Byul’s face and eyes automatically soften whenever they are hugging or simply talking.

The love the older girl shown to her is priceless, limitless, broad and strong.

Wheein likes Byul, so much.

Though, it scares Wheein badly, knowing that the marriage wasn’t even real to think about it now, but the thoughts of the possibilities that feelings will never be accepted and returned are what scare her the most really.

Wheein couldn’t bear to lose Byul. She is beginning to see her as her woman, her wife, and her companion for the rest of her life – and seeing Byul with Hani together? She feels threatened and strangely betrayed with her own feelings.

She was supposed to take this coolly but no, her heart decided to hammered itself with the ugly burdens instead and Wheein blames no one but to herself singularly, for falling in too deep and for falling in generally, without fully knowing the consequences below for putting her feelings exposed on her sleeves for everyone to see, for Byul to see.

She is disappointed on herself for being too emotional around her fiancée.

This wasn’t supposed to be happening.

This wasn’t the plan.

-----------------

 

“Do you need help? I only do well with helping though – I don’t really cook that much to start with.” Moonbyul playfully announced to her fiancée standing across the huge island of the kitchen in the middle of the room, as Moonbyul’s both arms cushioned the hard impact of the cold marbles surface and as she stretched her body forward, bringing her face closer to the other one, seeing that the island is wider that she thought, hating the way it separated herself and her fiancée away but was necessarily placed to break Moonbyul’s temptation to hug the girl tightly right now but knowing that invading Wheein’s personal space wouldn’t be a wise move due to their current situation in hands.

Plus, Moonbyul isn’t so sure whether or not her attention is no longer welcomed by her own fiancée as a small weird tug can be felt on her heart when the smaller girl shook her head lightly in rejection with a small smile playing attentively across her face.

“That would be quite alright, Byul-shi.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes.”

“I’m good with-”

“Perhaps, you could… just prepare the tables for us? I won’t be taking that long to finish up.”

Moonbyul nodded her head after a heartbeat when she came up with nothing to reply with, feeling a bit guilty for bringing the mood down for the evening. The girl seemed to be excited before for their cooking activity tonight, and now – its Moonbyul’s fault for making the girl sad.

She sighed dejectedly, quietly accepting the reality rather quickly and decided to make herself quite useful instead before making her way slowly out of the kitchen area and into the dining room connected just right next to each other, with a single door that acts a barrier between the two places.

The suite was bigger that she expected – slightly bigger than CEO Kim’s resting suite they visited this afternoon. The suite though have similar overall concepts; entirely white walls, white ceilings, white furniture, white smooth floorings but with sparks of gold mixed with the bright colour – as the gold embraced themselves around the bottom of the pillars, at the edges of the ceiling with a stunning design, as if they were painted like flowers but their elegance intensified with the gold lightings, lamps and chandeliers hanging down and placed so perfectly with the whole theme of the suite itself. It really reminds Moonbyul of a place in the movie where the Greek God and Goddesses would hang out in.

‘Well, not really hang out but more like… you know, being god and goddesses.’

The dining room is to die for. This is Moonbyul’s favourite part of the suite by far.

An exact opposite of the theme of the entire suite, the dining room is more leaning towards the classic English dining room style though still decorated with such memorable shining white furniture with the tint of scratched woods under the imperfect white paintings on the tables and as well as the thin yet cushioned chairs; the floor was fully covered with the dark brunette smooth wooden flooring just directly below the simple designed white carpet around the area of the dining table itself while the walls on the other hand was seen with the peach plain coloured wallpapers with the still blinding white of the ceilings, supporting not one but two classic chandeliers down the room with sufficient height before it can even reach the top head level for those whoever lucky enough to sit on this said table.

As Moonbyul continued her task, carefully arranging the glass plates and the cutlery down across the surface of the wide table in front of her with the delicious aroma of food coming from behind her, she can already feel her stomach grumbled with wanting and impatient starve before all of the sudden; a loud ring bell can be heard clearly echoing from the main door, stopping both women with their own self-activities at the moment.

“I got it!” Moonbyul informed, immediately volunteering herself to get the uncommon distraction of the evening. She made her way rather swiftly to the door as she jogged lightly forward and she swings the door open, expecting to see perhaps the hotel’s staff or CEO Kim on the other side of the room, but quite relived when she instead is graced with the presence of the familiar someone that is standing at the foot of the door.

“Seulgi!”

The bear girl gave out a similar excited smile in return.

“Unnie!”

“Yah! Where have you been all day?” Moonbyul pouted as she gently pulled the younger girl’s arm towards her, pulling the girl inside before closing the door softly behind.

“Doing some work, as always.” Seulgi sighed tiredly, observing her surrounding as she always does in a confusing and new environment and almost instantly, she sensed something rather odd.

“I smell food.”

“Well, I-”

“You don’t cook.” Seulgi stared straight at her as her smile descended into a line, her face free from the wrinkles as the skin smooth over each other, replaying a blank expression across, making it extremely hard for Moonbyul to read in return, who is nervous yet expecting at the same time.

Seulgi has always been a tense person, especially when it involves Moonbyul.

Seulgi is a naturally protective person ever since they were young and Moonbyul often forget how much the girl is actually two years younger than her.

Seulgi questions everything.

The things that she don’t understand; she will demand answers.

When not given; she looks for them.

Stubborn, smart, kind but never warm… unless it’s Moonbyul on the other end.

The older girl has always owned a soft spot in her heart for her; as a friend and as a sister, really.

On the conflicting side of her; Moonbyul is too kind for her own good – forgiving, understanding, cooperating, and probably stupid too.

Seulgi hated every sides of Moonbyul.

Suelgi hated how easy Moonbyul forgets a mistake done by those around her.

Moonbyul believes in being merciful, no matter how ridiculous or horrible that person is.

Sooner or later, Moonbyul will forgive. That’s what who she is.

She never really has the ability to hate, to despise those who wronged her; not Madame, not Jessica, not her dead parents and not even Wheein.

Seulgi is scared for her.

And therefore, Seulgi promised to cushion her, to protect her and to love her.

How selfless Moonbyul will ever be, it will never ever beat the selfless that Seulgi has planted in her bones for Moonbyul.

She is her priority.

She has always been and she will always be.

Moonbyul smiled and blinked apprehensively.

“I… don’t.”

Seulgi went quiet. Moonbyul softly added.

“I met Hani tonight,”

“She’s leaving soon.”

“I know, but why didn’t you tell me she came home?”

“She’s only back for a week and I didn’t expect her to go to her France base this time around.”

“Seulgi…” Moonbyul took a step forward; her eyebrows travel closer in a puzzling manner. “Why didn’t you tell me?” She finished in a gentle whisper.

“I…” It is rather uncalled for Seulgi to be loss of words at the situation and Moonbyul’s self is further fuelled with doubts and worries, most importantly, for the well-being of the girl.

Seulgi’s mood has been quite unpredictable ever since her engagement announcement and Moonbyul is getting worried sick about Seulgi’s real state of mind.

She has been caged lately, keeping secrets from Moonbyul, her eyes clouded with something that Moonbyul cannot seem to figure out what it is yet.

Moonbyul is anxious for her.

Seulgi is not the type to ‘kiss and tell’ and that worries her terribly.

She has only seen that look on Seulgi’s eyes before, and that was 8 years ago.

‘Please, don’t shut me down.’

“I’m sorry, I just… I know how much you hate saying goodbye to her every time.”

“I’m a grown woman, am I not? Surely, I can control my own feelings.”

“I know…” Seulgi sighed again, stepping closer to Moonbyul as she encircled the girl’s body around, pulling her into a comforting hug as she laid her chin down on top of the older girl’s right shoulder.

Moonbyul smiled softly as she Seulgi’s hair down slowly, satisfied with the apologise she received and knows that Seulgi meant well.

Seulgi is a strict person, everyone knows that.

But she’s still a young woman for she still seeks warmth and love, as probably only less than 0.1% of the world population know who Seulgi really is.

And Moonbyul is glad Seulgi trusted her for all these years.

And she promised herself to look after the younger girl now as the girl has always done for in years back.

Seulgi has always been there for her.

Without questions.

“Byul-shi… oh, hi?”

Moonbyul can feel Seulgi’s body tensed as Wheein finally made an appearance in the room.

Seulgi almost immediately stepped away from her as her eyes moved automatically across to the other woman, the owner of the said voice rang through the air a few seconds ago.

She forced out a smile nevertheless as she bowed her head lightly. “Young Lady Jung.”

Moonbyul was looking at her reactions attentively at the side of her vision while assuring her fiancée in the next moments after. “This is my friend, Kang Seu-”

“Young Lady Kang, right?”

Moonbyul was shock to say the least but strangely Seulgi remained stoic as her name being exchanged freely around the room; as if she knows what was coming after all.

“Yes, you are right.” Seulgi replied.

Though that wasn’t really a question to begin with, but as Moonbyul’s mouth hang open slightly and her eyes running simultaneously between the two women; Wheein knows that the girl was fast with curiosity in mind.

“My mother worked with Madame Kang before, if I’m not mistaken. She’s a lovely woman, Young Lady Kang.”

“Thank you – an image that I hope to live along with.”

“I’m sure you will.” Wheein complimented. “I have seen you in your building a couple times before, though I did not have the courage to say hi in fear of bothering you. Forgive me, Young Lady Kang.”

“That would be alright, Young Lady Jung. I apologize for not intruding in as well but my mother apparently has been very… vocalizing about my social status by far, so we really should really have a cup of tea sometimes. Don’t you agree?”

“I couldn’t agree more.”

The tense between them was thick, Moonbyul can almost feel herself shivers with unknown anxiety.

She knows the reason why Seulgi is acting this way; guarded herself up with polite words and motions to block her real mind behind all of these. It is no secret, really, how Seulgi hated the woman in front of her; as she should be.

Moonbyul can still remember the hurtful whispers of the girl that night – to never forgive the other one’s actions.

But Seulgi did tell her it was wrong for her to judge Wheein based on her mistakes from almost a decade ago. Though it confuses the older girl with her swirling and changing behaviour all along, Moonbyul couldn’t bear to blame to girl at the end; for such hatred she carried since the beginning of the story would never be easier to be abandoned just like that because no matter how much Seulgi wanted to oppose, the anger has become a familiar feeling and becoming her own shield over the time.

She would not know how she would survive without them, eventually. Or even how to really feel without them.

But Wheein - now that’s what really confuses her even more.

Wheein doesn’t know who Seulgi really is, Moonbyul was making sure of that even when they were young.

No contact has ever been seen between the two girls and it looks like Wheein has only known her because of Madame Kang’s existence and that somehow soothes Moonbyul’s nervous heart even for just a little bit.

But the unsure looks of the younger girl, the curious tone of her voice, the scanning stares she gave to Seulgi; Moonbyul wonders if she should have consider these factors as her identity threats.

Even though it doesn’t feel like one, Moonbyul couldn’t help herself but to questions everything.

“Do you want to stay for dinner? I think the food is enough to fit one more person.” Moonbyul suggested as she tugged lightly on Seulgi’s right arm as her smirk directed towards the dark haired girl broadened in pride, which of course, went unnoticed by the handsome one.

“Yes, Young Lady Kang, do join us.”

Seulgi is no fool. She knows. They are sharing the suite.

Her eyes twitched in defeat. She knows she can’t confront the older one in front of her fiancée. She hates how willing Moonbyul looks to stay for the night with the girl but Seulgi’s smirk, however, never waver in weakness, despite of her burning questions at the edges of her lips, begging to be out and up to Moonbyul’s ear and pure brain.

Seulgi has no chance but to step backward for the night. It is not the time, yet.

“Forgive me, I would like to stay and eat but I have something to do for mother. We all know, I never really went here with the intention of having a holiday.” Seulgi laughed and rolled her eyes playfully. “But thank you Young Lady Jung for the invitation. The food smells excellent.”

“Thank you.” Wheein smiled back.

“I shall be on my way now.”

“Are you sure you don’t want to stay for just a few minutes?” Moonbyul pressed.

Seulgi saw how Wheein’s face fell at the side of her sight as she stared directly to Moonbyul at the same time, and decided to mark the older one instead in front of her own fiancée. She brought her right hand up to Moonbyul’s left cheek and caressed the soft skin gently with her thumb as a loving smile can be seen playing intentionally throughout her face – ignoring the glares she intensely received from the other woman while the older one clearly oblivious with her plan and current situation.

“Unnie, I’m busy but I’ll text you before I retired for the night. I promise.”

Moonbyul nodded, getting used with the unexpected attention anyways. Seulgi is not a touchy person but she does have her moments few there and then but it has always been a thing for the two of them, so it surprises Moonbyul for a few seconds when Seulgi was the one initiated the action in front of an audience, in front of Wheein moreover. But she opted to ignore them, nonetheless.

Maybe Seulgi is just feeling a bit blue lately.

“Okay.”

“Bye Unnie!”

“Bye bye!”

“Goodnight, Young Lady Kang.”

“You too, Young Lady Jung.”

Seulgi strutted confidently to the door before exiting, not even looking behind her as she left quite dramatically or so to say.

Moonbyul scoffed, amused with Seulgi’s ability to lighten up the mood even with just a single walk off.

Little did she know, Wheein was clearly not amused with the whole thing.

“Dinner’s ready.”

 

-To be continued-

 

p/s: Hey guys, I'm baaaaaaaack! I am so SORRY for such the long delay in updates :( I know, ugh, such a bad writer right? I'M SORRY! 

It's just that... I just got back from a vacation trip a couple weeks ago and straight away after I landed home, we were celebrating a big holiday in my country here so I was kindda busy visiting relatives in the rural areas (no wifi ugh) BUT I make sure that I'm going to update 2 chapters at once after I get home and there you go! <3

You guys have been amazing and I really, really appreciate for those who are still interested in reading them, your comments are AMAZING! I promise, I'll do much better next time <3

My uni is starting soon so I probably going to have less time on my own but I'll make sure to write in between those study time SO THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT, YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME! :D :D do follow me at @flynross on twitter if you haven't ;)

I do apologize for there are spelling and grammar error because I wrote this on my phone before I re-write them on my laptop lol

The 2nd part will be up shortly, enjoy <3