Chapter 4

Love That Wasn't Supposed To Happen

Thank you so much to nammy93_

She made me realize something. 

Instead of asking if you guys want shorter or longer chapters, I'm just gonna write. A majority of the time the chapters may be short, but it'll honestly all depend on how I'm feeling that day. 

And I'll try not to make you guys wait so long for the updates but you shouldn't have to worry because guess what? 

TODAY IS MY LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!!!! (I will more than likely delete this part when school is finally over) 

So I hope I didn't make you guys wait too long for chapter 4 and happy reading! 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The guests screamed and quickly scrambled to get out of the church, in fear that they might get shot.

Jongin quickly got in front of Kyungsoo, wanting to protect him but Kyungsoo stepped aside to see Chanyeol look down at his shoulder.  Chanyeol clutched at his shoulder and fell to his knees, a startled gasp escaping his dry lips. Kyungsoo quickly ran over to Chanyeol, holding him close.

“No Chanyeol. No no no. Please no. Stay with me! You better not leave me Chanyeol!! I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. P-please, Just d-don’t leave.”

By now tears were freely flowing down Kyungsoo’s face as he caressed Chanyeol’s cheek, trying to assess the wound.

“SOMEONE PLEASE!! GO GET THE DOCTOR!!”

Kyungsoo’s father and mother nodded to each other as they quickly made it out the church, intent on finding the doctor.

Kyungsoo looked back at Chanyeol's face and saw him slowly breathe in and out. Kyungsoo’s hand shook as he lifted his hand to Chanyeol's shoulder, lightly resting it on his wound.

“Don't worry Chanyeol. My parents went to get the doctor. Please just hold on for a little bit longer.”


~to the doctor’s office~


“How is he holding up doctor?”

The doctor looked up from his clipboard, a grave expression on his tired face.

“We successfully managed to take out the bullet but the bullet was laced with poison that I cannot heal.”

Kyungsoo closed his eyes when he heard the doctor’s report. He was sitting beside Chanyeol, holding his hand. Chanyeol was still asleep and Kyungsoo feared he wouldn't wake up. Kyungsoo quickly stood up, the chair scraping noisily against the tile, startling the doctor and his mother and father.

“Is there any way we can cure him? Any way?”

Kyungsoo was desperate to find a way to cure Chanyeol and apologize for putting him through such pain. The doctor thought for a moment before he nodded, “There is a way but…”

“But what?”

“You would have to go to the healing kingdom and bring back Yixing, who is the prince of the healing kingdom. The journey there would be a long and tedious one.”

Kyungsoo shook his head, “I don't care if it's tedious. How long do I have?”

The doctor sighed, “You would only have about a week to go and come back.”

Kyungsoo looked at his parents, knowing that they went to the healing kingdom multiple times before, “How long does it take to go there?”

His mother walked toward him, “Kyungsoo…”

“Mom, I don't wanna hear it. Just please tell me how long it takes to get to the healing kingdom.”

His mother sighed, knowing that she wouldn't be able to deter him.

“It takes 3 days if you take breaks every now and then. 2 days if you don't take any breaks.”

Kyungsoo nodded, heading towards the door.

“Kyungsoo! Where are you going?”

Kyungsoo turned to look at his father, “I'm going to pack for the journey.”

“What journey? And who said you were allowed to go?”

“Father!! If I don't go, Chanyeol will die and his parents will be furious that we let their son die without even trying.”

Without waiting for a reply, Kyungsoo stormed out the doctor’s office towards his room. When he entered his room, he saw Seokjin already packing some clothes into a backpack. Kyungsoo sighed, feeling so grateful for having a friend like Seokjin.

“When are you leaving?”

“Tomorrow. Early in the morning.”

Seokjin nodded as he packed up the last pair of clothes, zipping up the backpack. He then made his way towards Kyungsoo and to Kyungsoo’s surprise, Seokjin hugged him. Kyungsoo softly smiled and hugged him back.

“Please be safe and come back home.”

Kyungsoo nodded and pulled away, looking at the time. It was barely 7 pm but Kyungsoo wanted to head off to sleep, partly because he was exhausted of the day’s ordeal and partly because he wanted to get a good night’s rest before leaving for the maybe 4 or 6 day journey.

“I have to go to bed, Seokjin. But I promise I'll come back safe, okay?”

Seokjin nodded as he bowed toward Kyungsoo and made his way to the door. Just as he was about to leave the room, he turned back to look at Kyungsoo, “Good night, your highness.”