Final

Love That Wasn't Supposed To Happen

Okay, so yeah, this last part took FOREVER to update but hear me out. So since you know this is the last part, I didn't know how to start it. I knew this was gonna be the last chapter but I really sincerely didn't know how to start it. And then I kept on changing what I had already written. Like I would write one thing and then not like it and change it and the cycle went on. Because obviously I want this part to be good for you guys. So here it is, the final chapter. I really hope you guys like this and comment what you think and how you feel. 😊💞💞

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As soon as Kyungsoo saw his castle in sight, he dropped his bags and sprinted towards the castle. Sehun sighed as he picked up Kyungsoo's discarded bags. Sehun turned to see Luhan and Yixing talking happily amongst themselves. Sehun sighed once again as he walked toward the castle gates. The three bowed to the guards in greeting and the guards bowed back, letting them in. Once the castle gates closed behind them, they looked at each other, confused. This was their first time in Kyungsoo’s castle and they had no idea where to go. Just as they were about to walk forward to try and find their way through the castle, they saw Kyungsoo running towards them. Out of the corner of his eye, Sehun could see Luhan visibly sigh in relief.

“I'm so sorry I left you guys back there,” Kyungsoo panted out as he reached them, “I just had to see Chanyeol.”

Yixing stepped forward, cautiously looking at him, “And how is he?”

Kyungsoo looked at him, once again trying to hold back tears, “Why don't you come see for yourself.”

Kyungsoo then motioned for the three of them to follow.

They followed Kyungsoo until they reached a slightly open door. Kyungsoo looked back at them and nodded, pushing the door wide open.

Sehun, Luhan, and Yixing slowly walked in after Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo made his way to Chanyeol's bedside and sat on the plastic chair, grabbing onto Chanyeol’s hand.

Yixing gasped and put his hand over his mouth at the person that he could barely recognize.

Chanyeol’s skin color was a sickly pale, his lips were terribly cracked, and he looked so skinny. Yixing looked over at Sehun and Luhan and they also had a look of shock on their faces.

Yixing slowly approached the bed and when Kyungsoo got a glimpse of Yixing, he looked up at him, a look of deep sorrow in his eyes, “Please.”

Yixing could barely hear him, but he did. Yixing nodded as he motioned Kyungsoo to step away. Kyungsoo nodded, standing up and kissing Chanyeol lightly on the forehead before walking towards Sehun and Luhan.

Yixing turned back towards Chanyeol. Yixing scanned Chanyeol's body and lightly gasped. This poison was one of the most dangerous poisons out there, meaning that it was rare to get it, and how someone got a hold of it without getting caught was a mystery to Yixing. Yixing nodded as he rubbed his hands together, looking back at the trio near the door, since it was gonna be his last time to see them. Yixing smiled at them and nodded, turning his full attention to Chanyeol. He then lifted his hands to hover over Chanyeol’s chest, closing his eyes. He slowly felt his life force draining as he focused on healing Chanyeol.

Meanwhile, the trio were in awe as they saw a light purple mist appear out of Yixing's hands and envelop Chanyeol completely, Chanyeol’s body hovering a foot from the bed.

Then, a really bright light emitted from the both of them and the trio closed their eyes, covering them and turning their heads to the side. And just like that, the light disappeared. The trio slowly took their hands away from their face and opened their eyes to see Chanyeol laying on the bed, looking as good as ever if not even better and Yixing clutching the edge of the bed tightly, his knuckles turning white.

Kyungsoo was the first to react as he ran over to Chanyeol's side.

“Chanyeol,” Kyungsoo slightly shook him, “Chanyeol.”

Chanyeol slowly opened his eyes, sitting up and rubbing his eyes.

Kyungsoo gasped and put his hands over his mouth, tears gathering at the corners of his eyes.

“Chanyeol.”

At the mention of his name, Chanyeol looked up and smiled, “Kyungsoo.”

Kyungsoo cried out, wrapping his arms tightly around Chanyeol.

“Ch-chanyeol, I th-thought you…”

Chanyeol wrapped his arms around Kyungsoo, soothingly whispering to him. Kyungsoo broke away from Chanyeol to thank Yixing, but instead he found Yixing stumbling back a little before collapsing on the ground.

“YIXING!”

sehun quickly ran to Yixing and kneeled down next to him as Sehun held Yixing in his arms. Sehun brushed away the hairs from Yixing's forehead.

“Yixing?”

Sehun could feel tears welling up as he softly shook Yixing, only to get no response.

“Yixing, please. Wake up.”

Kyungsoo, Chanyeol and Luhan looked at each other, a look of shock and sorrow on their faces. Kyungsoo looked back at Yixing and gasped, realizing that in order to save Chanyeol, Yixing had to sacrifice himself. A heavy blanket of guilt covered Kyungsoo as he looked down at Sehun trying but failing to wake up Yixing.

Tears fell onto Yixing’s face as Sehun grabbed a hold of Yixing’s hand and put it up to his cheek.

“I know you told us not to fall in love but I couldn't help myself Yixing. So please, come back.”

Luhan slowly approached Sehun and put his hand on Sehun’s shoulder, “Sehun, come on. You know he won't come back.”

Sehun shook Luhan’s hand off his shoulder and turned to glare at him, “Don't say that!” Sehun looked back at Yixing and then Luhan, “Please don't say that.”

Chanyeol made to get off the bed but Kyungsoo stopped him. Chanyeol looked at him and nodded, telling him that it was gonna be fine. Chanyeol got off the bed and approached Sehun, kneeling in front of him. Sehun looked up at Chanyeol and glared at him, wanting to put the blame on Chanyeol but even Sehun knew it wasn't his fault.

“Sehun, I don't know what you must be feeling but I'll tell you one thing. Yixing may physically be gone but mentally, he's still here, with all of us and,” Chanyeol reached forward and pointed at Sehun’s heart, “He will forever be living there.”

Sehun nodded as he looked down at Chanyeol's finger, “Thank you but can you guys please leave me alone.”

Chanyeol sighed as he nodded, standing up and walking to Kyungsoo and grabbing his hand, pulling him toward the door and motioning Luhan to follow. Luhan walked toward the door and looked back at Sehun, who was softly Yixing’s cheek.

The trio walked out of the room and softly closed the door, hearing Sehun sob and plead for Yixing to come back.

Luhan looked back at the door and started walking away. Even if he didn't know where he was going he kept on walking, wanting to get as far away from that room as possible.

Luhan laughed as he felt tears slide down his pale cheeks.

Isn't it funny, how some people can have a happy ending, yet some people just can't?