Chapter 5

Love That Wasn't Supposed To Happen

~please read the author's note~

Oh My God.... I am such a terrible writer... 

IM SO SORRY GUYS!!!! 😭😭

CAN YOU FORGIVE ME!!! 

I didn't mean to take weeks without updating but the thing is, it was my sister's graduation and my grandma's came to visit along with my 10 year old cousin and he like took my phone away from me and I couldn't use it for like 3 days! And then I had to pack for a two month stay in Florida. Another reason was because I kinda lost interest in updating this story but I can't do that to you guys. So while I was at the airport and on the plane, I wrote Chapter 5 and some of Chapter 6. I also wanted to put off uploading Chapter 5 because I wanted to finish Chapter 6 and upload the two chapters as a way to say sorry but I'm kinda struggling with writing Chapter 6 and I didn't want you guys to wait any longer so enough of my babbling, here's Chapter 5.💞

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Kyungsoo woke up, he checked the time to see that it was 5 in the morning. He stretched and yawned, proceeding to rub the sleep out of his eyes. He got off his bed and made it before going to the bathroom to shower and get ready. When he got out of the bathroom he saw his mother sitting on the bed, a drawstring bag resting on her lap. He slowly approached her and sat beside her. She looked up with tears in her eyes. Kyungsoo was quick to wipe them away and she smiled.

“You really love Chanyeol, don't you?”

Kyungsoo slowly retracted his hands from his mother’s face and rested them on his lap.

“I really do.”

Kyungsoo’s mother nodded and looked at the drawstring bag. She handed it to Kyungsoo as she spoke, “Well, I packed you some non perishable foods for your trip.”

Kyungsoo nodded as he took the bag from his mother. His mother stood up and he set the bag beside him, also standing up. His mother grabbed his arms and pulled him into a warm hug. Kyungsoo wrapped his arms around her abdomen and kissed her forehead. He could feel his shirt become wet with tears. He started rubbing soothing circles on her back.

“Mom, it's fine. Don't worry. I'll return safe and sound.”

His mother nodded against his chest and pulled away, wiping at her tears.

“Well, you need to get going.”

Kyungsoo nodded as he pulled on his backpack and drawstring bag.

His mother walked out and Kyungsoo followed. Before Kyungsoo left, he wanted to make a quick stop. As he approached the door of the doctor’s office, he slowed down. He peeked inside the room to see it empty save for Chanyeol.

Kyungsoo slowly approached him and sat on the hard plastic chair situated near Chanyeol. Kyungsoo reached out to grab Chanyeol's hand that was laying limp beside him while his other hand reached out to push the hair out of Chanyeol’s face. Kyungsoo leaned toward Chanyeol and planted a long, soft kiss to his forehead.

“I'll be back Chanyeol. And then you'll be okay.”

Kyungsoo didn't want to leave Chanyeol's side but he knew it was for the better. He slowly got up and approached the door, looking towards Chanyeol one more time. He sighed and nodded his head firmly, then proceeded to make his way towards the castle gates.

He knew he was gonna run into some dangerous situations along the way but Kyungsoo is strong and he knows he is. Hell, he can make an earthquake!

He arrived at the edge of the woods and took a deep breath before making his way through. He got to the middle of the woods where the circular clearing was. He looked at the tree stump and sighed, remembering the times he came here to meet up with Chanyeol. He smiled as he recalled the first time they met here.

~Flashback~

Kyungsoo was slowly and quietly making his way through the woods. He was silently scolding himself for not bringing a jacket considering it was a chilly autumn night. When he arrived at the clearing he started to look around, trying to find Chanyeol. He jumped nearly 10 feet in the air when he heard a loud, boisterous voice call out to him.

“KYUNGSOO!!!!!”

He quickly turned around to see Chanyeol run out of the woods, only to trip on a low tree branch. Kyungsoo calmly watched as he saw Chanyeol face plant. Chanyeol sat up and whined about the pain he was feeling on his nose. Kyungsoo sighed and walked over to him, kneeling down in front of him and placing a light kiss on Chanyeol’s nose. Quickly realizing what he had done, Kyungsoo tried to get up and back away but on his haste to get up, he fell onto his bottom. Kyungsoo looked up to see Chanyeol looking at him with a dark pink blush spreading from his cheeks, up to the bridge of his nose and down his neck. Even though Kyungsoo was feeling pain spreading throughout his bottom, he couldn't help but smile at how cute Chanyeol was. Chanyeol quickly shook his head and realized Kyungsoo was on the ground.

“Oh, are you okay!?”

Chanyeol quickly stood back up and helped Kyungsoo up, checking to make sure Kyungsoo wasn't hurt. Kyungsoo softly smiled and nodded, “I'm fine, Chanyeol.”

Chanyeol nodded but Kyungsoo could still see some worry in Chanyeol’s eyes. Kyungsoo looked toward the tree stump and pointed to it, “Well, let's go sit over there.”

Chanyeol looked towards the tree stump, then back to Kyungsoo and down to his hand. Chanyeol was slightly hesitating on whether to hold Kyungsoo’s hand or not. Just as Chanyeol was about to reach forward to take Kyungsoo’s hand, Kyungsoo started to make his way towards the tree stump. Chanyeol nodded and raised his hand to the back of his neck so as to not make it seem more awkward. Kyungsoo looked at him, slightly confused and slightly amused. Chanyeol quickly smiled back as he made his way to the tree stump. He sat down next to Kyungsoo and faced a new dilemma. Should he put his arm over Kyungsoo’s shoulders or should he not? Kyungsoo sighed and leaned into Chanyeol’s shoulder. He had a feeling Chanyeol was nervous. I mean, he could practically see the sweat! Chanyeol slightly jumped but then quickly settled back down, putting his arm around Kyungsoo’s shoulders.

Kyungsoo was also nervous, but if they just sat next to each other like awkward teenagers on a first date, they were gonna get nowhere. The rest of the night, they just looked up at the stars and got to know each other.

~Flashback End~

His happy memory, however, was quickly ended as he heard rustling behind him. He quickly turned around and raised his leg, waiting for whatever it was to come out of the trees. Once the thing that made the noise emerged from the trees, Kyungsoo slammed his leg down onto the ground, creating a long pillar. He was about to bring the pillar back into the ground, ultimately knocking his enemy out until he heard a loud shout. He looked closer to see one boy on top of the pillar, trembling and screaming for the other boy, who was on the ground next to the pillar, to get him down. The boy that was next to the pillar with blonde hair looked towards Kyungsoo and asked, “Did you do this?”

Kyungsoo gulped and slightly nodded, feeling a bit scared and intimidated, considering the blonde was way taller than him and he had a serious face on. The blonde nodded and looked back up at the boy, who was still trembling and begging the blonde to get him down. The blonde sighed and looked back towards Kyungsoo, “Can you please let him down.”

Kyungsoo quickly nodded and slowly brought the pillar down. Once the boy with brown hair touched the ground, he quickly wrapped his arms around the blonde, tears at the corner of his eyes. The blonde sighed once again and lightly patted the boy on the back, “It's okay Luhan.”

Kyungsoo approached them and bowed towards the boy called Luhan, “I'm very deeply sorry. I just thought you might have been a bad guy.”

Luhan quickly shook his head, wiping the tears away and telling Kyungsoo to stand up straight.

“It's okay! You only did it in self-defense, I would have done the same.”

Kyungsoo nodded, “My name is Do Kyungsoo, prince of the earth kingdom by the way and I don't mean to intrude but where were you guys going?”

Luhan shook his head and pointed at himself, “My name is Luhan, prince of the telekinesis kingdom,” he then pointed to the blonde, “And this is Oh Sehoon, prince of the air kingdom. And it's okay. You're not really intruding. We're headed to visit Xingxing.”

Kyungsoo cocked his head to the side, “Xingxing? You mean Yixing?”