Digging my grave

word count:1212

------------

October 8, 2015

Jihoon has roughly 3 years to live his life.

Being diagnosed by a very severe COPD, He lives on his own, he was 18 back then when he left the nest. He's 22 now. His mom and dad lives a train ride away.

Every time, the smell of scented candles wake him up. Every time he breathes he feels the poking itchiness on his throat. He stares at his humidifier given to him by his best-friend. Soonyoung visits about twice or thrice every month. Just to check on him. To check if he's still alive.

He doesn't get what his friends are getting paranoid about, he still have a few years.

He steps out the door by his balcony, water can in hand. He pours the liquid on his orchids, orchids symbolize love and beauty, his mother told him.

Before he got diagnosed, before he told his friends that he got diagnosed, His room barely had stuff in it, and when he did told them, their first instinct was to give him gifts, toaster, cookies, blankets, pillows, orchids, a humidifier. As if materials can bring him back from the dead when he does die.

Before he dies, just before he peace out of this world. He wants to do something dying people never did, or maybe he'd be the third of fourth person to do it.

He goes the the cemetery, which he already has a plot on, he reserved it the about a month after he died. He has a shovel with him, new, also a gift, but who the hell gives a dying person a goddamn shovel.

He stands on the dirt, it has grown grass on it, he also checks his soon-to-be neighbor, which has flowers in it that has long wilted. He makes a mental note to himself to buy flowers for him. maybe he'll plant some orchids between them. He can share.

He wouldn't say he's become pessimistic, he's not the happiest person on earth obviously but he still smiles. He smiles at dogs, When he drinks coffee in the morning, He can still smile.

He decided that maybe he can start digging hid grave later, not this year. Maybe a year before he dies, maybe next Christmas but not today.

 


November 22, 2015

It was a slow Sunday, not being able to work because of his condition. Jihoon has lots of time to spear. It's his birthday, and he's spending it on a bar flaring with neon light and a warm atmosphere. Soonyoung's with him, but his friend's too busy dancing. He could dance right now, if he wants to die.

The moment he steps on that floor he'd be hyperventilating to tears.

His condition was worse now, he shouldn't even be here. He should be home, basking in the humidified air that's good for him but he sits there, waiting for the cute bartender to notice him.

He's not allowed to drink. He just wants to talk.

"If you think i didn't notice you the moment you sat down in this bar you're wrong." He heard.

Knowing exactly that it was the boy he turned around, smiling. These were one of the times that he smiles. When talking to cute boys.

"I was waiting for you to approach me." Jihoon said, flirting back. A little fling in his dying life wouldn't hurt.

"I'm Choi Seungcheol." offering a hand that Jihoon gladly took

"Lee Jihoon." he said, still smiling.

"Glad to meet you, cutie."

"Same here."

"I see you're friend there has more that a few moves to show,I don't think you'll be able to carry him home." Seungcheol said resting his elbow.

"I'll die if i carry him home, anyway." Jihoon said. The boy would make jokes about his condition. It's not that he's taking it too lightly, it just that if he's dying might as well make it fun.

"How exactly will you die?"

"I have a "very severe" COPD, I'll only live in a few more years and after that, the cuties in this world will decrease by one." Jihoon said laughing the last part out but Seungcheol just stared at him. Either he doesn't know what a COPD is or he thinks Jihoon's crazy, or both. "It's a lung disease, that makes someone have a hard time breathing." Jihoon explained.

"Are you serious? Then what are you doing here?"

"Aren't you at least going to say you're sorry for me."

"Pretty sure you've heard that a hundred times."

"Good, I was testing you." The smaller laughed.

"Then i pass, I guess."

They chatted some more before Soonyoung came back stumbling like a person who has no bones, not like that exists. Seungcheol walked Jihoon and Soonyoung back home, carrying Soonyoung on the back, and Jihoon and Seungcheol holding hands, which Seungcheol initiated. He dropped the drunk boy first then Seungcheol offered to carry Jihoon on his back.

Jihoon can't decline so he climbed on the other, he was starting to wheeze because of the walking.

When they reached Jihoon's place they stopped at the door, Seungcheol bent his knees so that Jihoon could put the key on the door knob. He then straighten his legs, turning the knob, entering the house. He placed Jihoon down when they reached his bed. Unlike the air outside, the air in the boy's house was warm, all thanks to the humidifier.

When Seungcheol came back with water Jihoon was still sitting in the position Seungcheol left him. He let Jihoon drink the water.

"Seungcheol, we literally just met hours ago but, if you don't mind can you stay the night?"

"I don't mind ,of course." Seungcheol said at the smaller.

"Oh, good."

"Was that another test?" Seungcheol said shaking his jacket off.

"No, not really. Just wanted to see if i'm luck enough to get to cuddle a cute boy before I rest in peace."

"I don't know about you being lucky, but you are damn cute enough so come here."

 


November 23, 2015

Morning came and Jihoon was still in Seungcheol's embrace. They were both awake, Jihoon was rested on Seungcheol's arms, playing on his phone and Seungcheol was watching Jihoon play.

"Say, Seungcheol, you don't pity me right?"

"I don't" Seungcheol said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. "I would have said sorry if I did."

"Does it seem like i pity you?" Seungcheol said moving closer to Jihoon who's still playing games.

"Nope." The other said  

"I hope this isn't a fling or anything."

Jihoon stopped playing and looked at Seungcheol looking back at him. "I'm dying, Seungcheol."

"Yes, you told me so."

"I'm dying." Jihoon said emphasizing the last word. "You wouldn't want to be boyfriends with me."

"Trust me when i tell you that I do want you as my boyfriend."

"Seungcheol, I think you don't get what I mean."

"I get what you mean. Just let me be your boyfriend." Seungcheol said circling both arms in Jihoon's slim waist. "Please let me be your boyfriend."

"Okay then, if you'd have a dying person as your boyfriend." Jihoon laughed hugging Seungcheol back.

"Thank you, then." Seungcheol said kissing the boy in the cheek.

'Thank you too' Jihoon thought, then smiled at Seungcheol.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It will probably take only 2 or 3 chapters to finish this story so please look forward to it. im on vaca right now so ill be working on it. ill probably finish it tomorrow...

I did not reread or edit this bc also if i got some stuff wrong please correct me. thanks---