Chapter 12

In our dreams

The next morning, Yoongi woke up feeling more worried than he had the night before. His dreams had been filled with Hyori's memories, which meant she hadn’t slept all night as they were unable to communicate with each other. He wondered if she had stayed up all night on purpose because she wanted space from him. He got ready in a daze, his gaze more than once lingering on her bedroom, her bed perfectly made from the morning before. He called Jin once before he left, hoping that she had contacted him. Even after her message, he couldn’t shake the feeling that something may have happened to her.

 

For the rest of the morning, he tried to call her when he had the chance. He thought over the contents of the message and the more he thought about it, the more concerned he became. What if he had pressured her into something she wasn’t ready for, or didn’t want? He wanted the chance to apologise if that was the case. He wanted the chance to find out exactly how she felt. But there was a small part of him that screamed that she was in danger. More than once he had considered the possibility that something had happened with her father.

 

He was tempted to go to her apartment and find out, but he didn’t want to turn up and she wasn’t there. He was in a foul mood as he sat through meeting after meeting, Namjoon thankfully picking up the slack after hearing the reason for his bad mood. At lunch time Namjoon went to his office, frowning at the look on Yoongi’s face. “Still can’t get in contact with her?” he asked as he took a seat opposite his friend. Yoongi shook his head. “I just can’t shake the feeling that something is wrong.” He said, his fingers toying with his phone.

 

“If it’s bothering you that much, why don’t you go to her apartment? What’s the worst that could happen?” Namjoon asked. Yoongi sighed, his eyes slipping shut. “What if she really just doesn’t want to see me? Or what if she isn’t even there?” he asked, his voice more fragile than he would have liked. “What if she is there and she does want to talk to you?” Namjoon countered. Yoongi frowned, ruffling his hair. “That doesn’t really help, Namjoon.” He said wearily.

 

“Just go there and see what the situation is. If nothing else, you’ll get an answer. Either she really doesn’t want to see you, or she does. It’s better to know.” Namjoon said, hoping his words would encourage some action from his silver haired friend. Yoongi pushed himself off his chair. “Fine.” Was all he said before he stormed out of his office, determined to find out what was going on.

 

He drove far too quickly to her apartment, his nerves growing the closer he got to her apartment. He praised himself for remembering which apartment was hers. He stood outside her door and took a deep breath as he knocked loudly. “Hyori? Are you there?” he asked, half expecting her father to throw open the door and ask who the hell he was. He couldn’t hear anything from inside. He knocked again, “Hyori? Are you there? If you are, please answer me.” He listened intently but there was no sound from the other side of the door. He sighed as he slowly made his way back to the elevator, feeling even more frustrated than before.

 

 

Inside the apartment, Hyori slowly dragged herself towards the door. Yoongi’s first knock had woken her up from an uneasy sleep. She had tried to call out to him, but she was so dehydrated she couldn’t form any spit and her tongue stuck to the roof of . When he knocked for the second time, she forced herself out of bed, her raspy voice barely a whisper as she struggled to make her way to the front door. By the time she made it to the door, Yoongi was already in the elevator. She slumped down against the door, her shoulders shaking with tearless sobs. “I’m here.” She rasped. “I’m here.”

 

 

 

 

That night Yoongi found it even more difficult to sleep than the night before. He eventually fell asleep in the early hours of the morning. He was surprised when he opened his eyes on the beach, Hyori's favourite place for them to meet. “Hyori?” he called, hoping that she was there. His eyes scanned the beach until he spotted her lying by the edge of the water. The gentle ocean waves caressing her legs. She didn’t move when he called her which made him worry even more. He cautiously approached her, not wanting to startle her.

 

When he got closer he noticed the bruises marring her face and arms. His previous cautiousness was thrown away as he rushed to her side, dropping to his knees beside her. “Hyori!” he cried as he scooped her up and cradled her limp frame against his chest. “What happened to you?” he asked frantically as he pulled away from her enough to see her face. He swore quietly at the deep purple bruises. Tears leaked from her eyes as she took in his expression.

 

She lifted her hand, gently caressing his cheek. “I missed you.” She said, her voice still raspy. “Where are you? Why are you hurt?” he asked as he held her tightly against him as if she would disappear. “I’m ok, it’s not as bad as it looks.” She said, trying to sound reassuring, but Yoongi’s frown only deepened. “It looks awful.” He said bluntly. “Please tell me where you are. I’ll go to you right away.” She slowly shook her head. “You can’t.” she said quietly, her gaze dropping.

 

“What do you mean I can’t? Hyori, tell me where you are! I can’t leave you like this!” he said, his voice rising. “You have to.” She said as tears began to spill down her cheeks. Yoongi’s head snapped up as the dream slowly started to fade around them, a sign that one of them was going to wake up any minute. “Hyori. Tell me where you are, quickly!” he said, his gaze darting between her face and the fading scenery around them. “No matter what’s wrong or where you are, we can fix this.”

 

She shook her head. “You don’t understand, Yoongi. I can’t let you get hurt.” She said as the scenery around them almost completely faded. “What are you talking about?” he asked as he pulled her closer, as if he could keep them there longer by holding her as close as possible. “He threatened to hurt you, so I went back. I’m sorry.” Yoongi yelled her name as the dream completely faded and he woke up in bed, sweat covering his entire body.

 

“Hyori!” he shouted, his hands groping the sheets around him in his half asleep state. He sat up, slowly taking in his surroundings. “He threatened to hurt me? Her father? Wait… that ing coward! He forced her to go back by using me?” he swore loudly as he threw off his blankets and quickly pulled on his clothes. He called Jin and Namjoon waking the two of them as he told them about the situation. They both agreed to meet him at Hyori's apartment.

 

He quickly raced down to his car and sped his way over to her apartment, ignoring speed limit and lights. “Just wait a little longer Hyori. I’m on my way.”