-muasbby

muggle born - a review shop // closed

 


    

        

            
vENGEFUL ROMANCE 

             

Title (4/5)

At first sight, the title seems a little common but after a good look at the description and foreword, it becomes a memorable title with good choice of words and relates to the story.

Description/Foreword (10/10)

The description is top notch! It gives balance to making the reader curious and giving us enough details to go on with. foreword was great as well, it showed the current situation and personally, I love forewords like this because it gives me a first look of what im about to read.

Character (8/10)

Since I'm reviewing this as a typical reader, let me say holy . I love how every character has a certain depth.

Yongguk is a typical rich man's son but the side of him where his pent up frustrations get the best of him is well represented and is well written. Though he acts like a complete , there's a plausible reason and that's what makes me confused. Yongguk somehow became a complex character, someone who I have a problem symphatizing with since I get stuck in an internal debate. Is his acts acceptable? No but then again, he was scarred, he was badly hurt and that's why I love how you built his character.

Mani, on the other hand is a character who can be understood easily. A girl who is filial and chooses family over love. It was nice to see her grow into a confident, collected woman and though she's very transparent, she's relatable but sometimes a little too perfect.

Daehyun is a character that will be doing more reckless things in the future but he has a strong build up so I can trust the author to put him in good hands and although he's a little too violent, once again, it becomes understandable to the readers.

Goeun, Youngjae and Himchan shares the same character growth although Youngjae lacks the scenes to describe his behavior, I believe he'll grow more as the story goes on. As for Goeun, I think its brave of her to be putting such effort on being happy and pleasant around Youngguk considering his behavior and isn't she too cooperative about the wedding when she's madly in love with Youngjae?

The reason I scored 8 instead of 10 is that even though all the characters play a concrete role, there are two many names that is a little hard to comprehend but its easy to get a hold of it once you get in the middle.


Plot (9/10)

As I read the foreword, I was coming up with all these predictions about the story and I was pleasantly surprised when the first chapter steered away from the norm. Yes, the rich-poor story and the revenge story are as common as the daylight but with the two combined, it actually works. I think the fact that you spent time creating Yongguk, Mani, Daehyun and Goeun was brillant because it gives the reader the time to adjust and to actually understand what was happening.

Yongguk is especially rough on this one and like Himchan said, acts like that can lead to lawsuits and restraining orders. The mothers play a big role in the story and if only Yongguk can hear me, he'll have a full 20 minute of "why can't you just ask why she left" screaming in his ear. Really, it would've been less complicated. Yongguk is basically ually harassing Mani and its uncomfortable but since it was a part of the plot, I guess the fact that it is shorter than his other attempts of making Mani's life a living hell makes up for it. The story of Youngjae and Daehyun on the other hand may be quite simple but problems like that are never easy to solve. I like how his anger issues connects them all together unlike the "they met on a park" kind of way and it works for the plot.

As far as I have read, the plot, like the characters, has a concrete base and if we could steer away from the rich-poor context a little bit more, the only way for this story is to get better by every chapter.

Flow (10/10)

Flawless. Flawless everywhere. The way the scenes jump from one to another is smooth and I could almost feel like I was watching a drama. There's nothing to comment here, like wow how do you do that? Teach me your ways.

Writing style (4/5)

Like I said before, I have no idea what this means but I interpret it as how you narrate the story so here it goes. First, since the setting, if I'm correct, is in the modern day but in the first few chapters the characters talk like they were in a 70s movie. I stopped for a bit because of that but after the 5 year jump, things sailed smoothly once more.

Comments:

The thing that I liked the most in the story is the mood setting. It really felt like they were all in their mid 20s and they have all sorts of auras in their characters. This story is one of the few that makes you wonder about whats going to happen next but at the same time, makes you want to guess. I love how Mani calms Daehyun but hates how rough Yongguk is,really if that was me I'd file a restraining order up his . Goeun and Youngjae are complicated tol and I honestly thought it was Youngjae who'd be hitting on Mani. The parents are always present as well and you make a fine job making the reader hate them. Overall, despite the overflowing names at the beginning of the story, this is a well-written one and I'm almost sure that your readers had fun being frustrated at Yongguk while reading.