bapbangme

muggle born - a review shop // closed

 


    

        

            
 Six deadly sins

             


* i wrote the title and description before reading

Title (4/5)

At first glance, it looked somewhat common and I honestly thought it was about some guy being mean and possessing the six sins and he changes before he even reaches the seventh but when I opened the link everything made sense and it suits the story very well.

Description/Foreword (9/10)

This kind of description is one of the many variations of styles for a description. There were things that could've been added in the first chapter but it works as the background of the story and the character introduction was a great touch as well.

Characters (9/10)

I had a major migrane while reading the first chapter because I have a memory of a goldfish and I kept going back and forth to the foreword since I can't remember who's name is who. Every time I see a demon name I imagine them like those typical demons and I think I had to turn on the lights before continuing.

Nevertheless, I love it, I love everyone. Baekhyun shows the real characteristic of someone who is in charge of lust and he's amusing to read. Chanyeol's character was very believable as well and I love how you made him seem like someone who can be seen in daily routines.

Yifan really shows his sin in the way he acts though Tao is more of self-centeredness and I hated Tao for a solid hour. Though the same, they act a little different somehow but its too soon to conclude that.

Chen and Minseok were superb! I have nothing else to say but wow.

Kai, Kyungsoo and Lay has yet to be discovered but at the rate Kai is written I believe he'll grow more.

Plot (9/10)

I've come across stories with the same theme so I assumed many things (again) before actually reading and because of my confusion in the first half of the first chapter I was pleasantly shocked as I went on. Honestly I didn't have high hopes but damn. I love how even though there weren't much chapter and time to build each character, everyone was distinct in their own way and that the story has a certain path to go to. I have no idea how everything will actually turn out since I was too absorbed in what's currently happening. Baekhyun promising to help Chanyeol and being involved in some fight with Yifan, Chen helping out Minseok and Kai seeing Kyungsoo, though these are their little conflicts, I could sense a bigger conflict waiting to happen but I don't know what it is so I always find myself looking for more.


Flow (5/5)

There weren't any bump or sudden changes in the story and everything sailed smooth so there's nothing much to say.

Writing Style (5/5)

The first thing I noticed is how accurate eveything is, there were no visible grammar errors, no typos and the way the details are well-researched are impressive. They weren't like those make things up as you go kind of stories and I appreciate the effort.

Comments

Let me start my three part apology by saying that I'm deeply sorry for thinking that your fic is a generic one. I've read 3 chapters and I regretted thinking it was another exo fic since the first one. I lied, this is not a three part apology but still oh my god? it is well written and I could tell there was a lot of thinking made in this story. I love how each of them has a certain problem to sort out and how solid the characters are. I had a great time reading and I'm looking forward to the future chapters.