aggressively

muggle born - a review shop // closed

 


    

        

            
 art, root, and other things

             

Title (5/5)

The title has a catchy and has a sophisticated minimalist feel, very simple yet alluring to the readers. I thought it should be arts, roots, and other things but either way is okay.

Description/Foreword (8/10)

The description is a little disorganized and lacks in detail so the reader doesn't know what the plot is about except for the fact that the lead is going to make a decision due to some situation but since it is well written, it balances everything. There's spoiler in the foreword and it distracted me because I was looking for a mean Luna the whole time.

Character (10/10)

Jinri is somewhat complex for me, mainly because she's an introvert and at the same time open to the chance of talking to people as well. And despite her actions, she's well built and well described to the point where the reader can relate to her actions and to her way of thinking.

Soojung, unlike Jinri seems predictable and the typical bestfriend, nothing much to say about her unless she grows a secret or the likes as the story goes on.I like how each of them has a certain importance to Jinri and I believe as the story goes on, their characterd will grow as well.

 

Plot (8/10)

The 8 is subjective. It's on me because I see no evident plot to it, nothing that shouts to me on what it really is about. While reading, I get a hint of slice of life about a girl going into summer camp then there's mystery to it but I can't seem to put my finger on it so somehow it becomes all mixed up. On the otherhand though, I think there will be an event that will greatly affect Jinri so I hope it becomes more visible later on.


Flow (5/5)

I'm not a great reviewer and as indicated on the rubrics, I get stuck on flows longer than I should be and after reading this, I understood what people meant by a great flow. Really, I was blew away at how smooth the story went and honestly, I though I was reading a novel.

Writing Style (5/5)

My jaw dropped at the first chapter. I'm not that used to this kind of writing style so I felt quite shocked at how detailed each chapter is, from the visuals to the how they all felt, everything is in place, like I said, sophisticated. I also admire how it seemed like there was a certain aura or mood that surrounds the story. It was dark and damp in a good way, I'm not sure if I'm the only one who thinks like this but I felt like something bad or something wrong was going to happen every time I click next and I think it takes a great writer to keep the reader on the edge of their seat the whole time.

Comments:

Wow. Wow. Wow. This story is certainly worthy of being entered in a contest. Again, I love how every detail was presented and the mood was goosebump inducing and easily seen as a quality fiction. I wish you could work on the foreword and description more so you could attract more readers, I know the contents are what matters most but I would love it if your story gets more attention because it is definitely one to watch for. I'm sorry if this was a little short, honestly its mainly because there was nothing to comment about since it is practically flawless and a great fic waiting to be finished.