dobuonew

muggle born - a review shop // closed

 


    

        

            
 acceptance

             


Title (3/5)

It was strangely ironic, the title. Based solely from it I was a little confident that whatever Simon was planning to do would be stopped at least. Despite its beautiful irony, the title seemed a little bland and something that would make it stand out from the others.

Description/ Foreword (9/10)

There's not much to be said in this category but I loved the layout and overall of your description it looked so classy and professional.

Characters (10/10)

There's not much background about the characters aside from what was written but in such a short time I felt like I knew Simon and how he felt. I pitied him as well, for someone who was outcasted even by his parents, it wasn't impossible for him to get these thoughts. On the other hand, his parents were horrible and I couldn't imagine how a parent or parents can even treat their child like that and it made me hate them for being inconsiderate and overall, bad parents. Luna was a refreshing character. I know nothing about her but I could tell she's a kind one. I don't know if what she told Simon about her not caring about looks were true at all but the fact that she'd go to such extents just to try to save his life tells a lot about her and I wish more people are like Luna.

Plot (8/10)

I'm not really comfortable with plot like these since its a very sensitive issue so I will try my best to continue rationally. Somewhere in the middle, lab tests and such were mentioned and it would've been nice if it was explained further. Simon's illness changed him and I wanted to know how he changed, what he looked like before or after but I could sense the story was based on what he sees so I understand. I also appreciate that you narrated what he felt, it gave me a feeling of connectedness and also the desire to help him as well.

Flow (5/5)

Writing Style (5/5)

There's nothing much to be said aboutbthe way you write, really. It was flawless and had no flow bumps, wide range of vocabulary and you narrate as if you were watching them as well. There's a little typo on the word "diary" though, it becomes "dairy" on several occasssions.

Ending (5/5)

Honestly, I'm heartbroken at how it ended. Like I said before I was expecting Simon to accept himself and go on with life. It was a sad ending but it made sense to end that way and it looked so artistic at the same time.

Comment:

Sorry for taking so long, school is coming in a week so it was super busy. I had a sinking feeling while reading this story so I think its a charm as a writer to make your reader feel the things you want them to feel. I am still sad about the ending, I wish Simon could've considered after talking to Luna. But overall it was a great read so I'm just going to sulk about it in a corner.