charmingusta

muggle born - a review shop // closed

 


    

        

            
 of purple sky and the stars we hold

             

Title (4/5)

Though it was "aesthetic" to look, it seems a little common and its relation to the story does not stand out.

Description/Foreword (7/10)

When I first read the description I was hooked and looked forward to the story but after reading, I can only see little hints of the description in the actual story. I like the overall of the description and foreword but it does seem distant from the story.

Characters

There wasn't much to go on since it was a drabble so I'm going to skip this part.

Plot (9/10)

I don't understand these type of drabbles since I can't comprehend much but I liked how you painted scenes in my mind. I'm guessing that it was Taehyung's last phone call and although very faint, I could see Jungkook staring out the window after that incident. For some it may be confusing since there was little background and details, I don't know anything about Jimin and had no clue what happened after but even though it turned out that way it is a double edged sword, that factor is a flaw and a charm at the same time.

Flow

Skipping this one as well because the italicized parts did the job for the story's flow.

Writing style (9/10)

Like I said, I admire how you were able to paint pictures in such a short story. I was confused at first but after getting a grip I think it went well. There were too much description and less details and again, it brings a certain charm and mysteriousness so the readers are actually wondering about what happened.

Ending

I have to admit I loved the last few sentences, it brings a poetic and somehow miserable ending to the story and I find myself feeling sorry for Jungkook because well, I assumed Taehyung is dead. The ending served the mood of the story well.

Comments

The whole time, I was just confused and conflicted because half of the time it seemed like I don't know what I'm reading and the other half as me imagining things and feeling the mood of the story. It was too short to give out any specific thoughts or feelings but instead it was like an excerpt from a chaptered story. Readers who will only look for some angsty moments or fluff scences will have a huge question marl on their foreheads because there's too little detail but like I said for the nth time now, despite that, it gives it's own charms and keeps the reader wanting for more.