Hard to Say Goodbye

Got my eyes on you (Readers X Bambam)

It was near the end of the summer and I was getting ready to fly up to Seoul, Korea to study abroad for the semester. I spent my whole summer with my three best friends Kim Kyungie, Lee Jinhyun and Jung Yoonkyung. They are sort of like my family here. Kyungie Noona was the one who would cut a if they messed with any of us. She can be quiet but once you set her off, bye bye to you. Jinhyun Hyung is like my older brother. We have a strong bon with each other and we kind of think the same sometimes. The other two get tired of us being together sometimes because him and I are always the ones to crack out the ual jokes. However he was always the one I would text if I would have a problem. Then there is Yoonkyung. She is the second oldest but she is sort of like our mother. She takes care of us and make sure we do the right thing. If we did something bad, who knows what she will pull out of her bag to whack us with. Even though she can be feisty with the joking around, she has that side where she comforts and gives the best advice and we adore her for that.

            We all have just arrived at my apartment from spending the whole day together. They wanted to stay over and help me pack the rest of my things since I had to leave the next day to go to Korea. We all kind of wanted as much time together before I departed from them for 4 months. Their faces when they walked into my apartment just broke my heart because all they saw was suitcases in my living room. I looked at them and smiled “YA~ Cheer up guys. I am only going to be gone for a little while. I will be back.”  They looked at me smiling and I cracked a small joke to make them laugh. We all came together for a group hug after that. Although Yoonkyung noona had a disgusted look on her face because she doesn’t like the touchy feely kind of things. We made her do it anyways hahaha. After all the emotions were let out at the door, we all went inside to finish the last of my packing. Kyungie and Yoonkyung was making dinner for us, while Jinhyun and I were packing the last of my things.

“Hey, Dongho?” Jinhyun asked.

“Yes hyung?”

“Why do you have to go?” he had this sad puppy dog look in his eyes.

“HEEEY don’t you dare give me that look. You know I am a er for cute and sad faces.” He just continued with that same face. “Hyung, I want to broaden my knowledge and experience a new place that I have never been to before.”

“I guess you’re right….Just promise me….promise me that you will be safe.”

“I promise hyung, don’t worry ok?” I went into hug him and he got me to cry a little with his tight embrace. It is always hard leaving family, especially someone I am so close with.

            As me and Jinhyun finished up my last suitcase and brought it to the living room, Kyungie and Yoonkyung had just finished dinner. They made Kimchi soup, my fav. We all enjoyed the dinner with laughter and smiles on our face. Looking at us, you would see a happy family that has no problems. They love each other no matter what and they will do anything for each other, and that’s exactly what we are. As dinner came to a close Jinhyun went to go put the dishes in the sink as the girls took me to the couch. They sat me down while all of them stood in front of me. “What’s going on guys? I feel like I am in trouble.” I spoke out.

“Well even though you will only be gone for the semester and will be back for winter..” Kyungie noona stated.

“We wanted to make sure we tell you how much we love you and will miss you..” added on Yoonkyung. I started to get teary eyed because I knew where this was going.

“So we decided to get you this. To keep in your dorm and remember us and remember your home here in L.A” Jinhyun said. They gave me a picture frame with a collage of pictures we all had together throughout the years. They had is say “Ohana means family and family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten.” I started to cry and I stood up to hug all. “I will never forget you guys. You will always be in my heart.” I stated. After all the feelings I packed it into my carry on bag, we cleaned up and headed to sleep.

The next morning

            It was 7am and we all got up to get ready. My flight was at 10. At about 7:30 they helped me pack the car and they drove me off to LAX. Once we arrived I checked in at the front while they were getting my bags situated. However, while checking in I noticed this really tall guy next to me. He was a lot taller than me, looked Thai and had blonde hair. I found him very attractive. Being the nosy person I am, I over heard him with the teller and he was going to Korea too. “Maybe he lives there” I thought to myself. I shook myself out of day dream land and finished checking in my bags while the rest were waiting by the car.

            

After everything was checked in, I turned around and then I hit someone. I fell to the ground and my ticket fell to the floor. I was going to yell at the person and then I looked up. It was him, the one that was next to me checking in.

“Are you okay?” he asked with an angelic smile as he helped me up.

“uh.. yea I am fine. Thank you. Sorry about that.”

“No need to be sorry. It was a pleasure bumping into you.” I blushed as we both stood up.

“My name is Kunpimook Bhuwakul but everyone calls me Bambam.”

“Bambam? Cool. My name is Choi Dongho. I heard you’re going to korea?”

“Yes I am. I live there.” I kind of let out a smile as he said that. “Well I have to go right now, my friends are waiting for me.” I said

“Alright, I hope to see you around again.” He smiled at me and walked away.

            I walked back to my friends all confused on what just happened. They all looked very sad when I got back. “Welp, I have to get going. It’s time to say goodbye.” I said after I stood there for five minutes.

“You better text us you crack.” Kyungie said

“I will noona”

“And no going all crazy too.” Stated Yoonkyung.

“YES MOM LOL” I said in a joking manner. Then I looked at Jinhyun hyung and he looked at me. We both started to cry a little bit as we hugged. "If anything happens, you better text me alright?” Jinhyung said.

“I will hyung. Don’t worry.” I said my last goodbye and headed to security.

            Although I was sad to say goodbye, that Bambam guy was still in my head. He was like an angel. An angel sent from above. Although, I said goodbye to him too. Man why is it so hard to say goodbye now a days. I boarded the plane and it took off.