Chapter 2 - The crush

Take care of the ending

Chapitre II - Le crush

 

I was running late. Not that it matters that much but I had my first class with the biggest of the university. He warned me numerous time that he would report me at the direction for disturbing his course. I would rather not let him be satisfied with that. I arrived one minute before the door close. I internally triumphed as I sat next to Dongwoon who immediatly nudged me.

 

« Fancy seeing you on time »

 

I only snorted and stole him a pen, I had forgotten my pencilcase. I couldn't be on time and prepared, nobody's perfect. When the class ended, I left the room, flashing my biggest smile to the teach'. I had a lot of time to spare before my next class, another reason to hate this professor.

 

« Let's join Key »

« I'll pass for today...I have something else planned »

« You should present us this something soon then », I said with a wink

 

Dongwoon pushed me with a laugh and we parted ways. I took my phone, sending a quick text to my bestfriend.

 

To Key : « miss you honey, where are you ? »

From Key : « screw yourself, I don't want to see you », his reply took more time than usual

To Key : « say hi to Jong ;) », I sighed

 

Guess my friends were working on their love life, and staying with me wasn't a part of their plan apparently. I was heading to the football field when someone called my name. I stopped and looked behind me to see Nicole waving her hand and signed me to wait for her. I had nothing to do so I waited while she ended her conversation with her friend to join me.

 

« Fancy seeing you alone »

« Everything seems fancy today, whatcha doin' ? »

« I was going to the park, wanna come ? »

« Sure, who's there ? »

« Just Min for now », she said as she began to walk

 

We walked together there and sat on the grass with Min once we spotted her. We chatted about everything and anything. Nicole was babbling about how life with her boyfriend was wonderful and how they were now engaged. Mir and Jinwoon arrived at some point, bringing foods and drinks with them.

 

« Now that you know I'm getting married, don't you want to..I don't know, settle ? », Nicole said to no one

 

I raised my head up to search who she was talking to but everyone were looking at me, expectantly.

 

« Uh, me ? »

« Who else ? », Mir cut in

« I have no one in mind for now », I sighed, picking up my glass

« Stop with the dramatic thing, time to hook up with someone Woohyun ! », that was the delicate Min

« Plus, didn't you said that Jonghyun's friend was cute last time », spilt Jinwoon, still eating

 

Everyone stopped what they were doing and stared at me, eyes wide open while I chocked on my drink. Jinwoon just kept on stuffing his mouth, like he hadn't do anything special. I would not forget this one.

 

« Which one ? Spill ! Spill ! », Min said, standing up

« Jonghyun..Jonghyun..Er, who are his friends ? », Mir thought to himself

« Jinwoon !! », Min exploded, grabbing his collar

« Let me go ! The sassy one ! The sassy one ! »

« Who is sassy ? »

 

I turned in horror. Key and Dongwoon were there, back from their busy schedule. I wanted to murder Jinwoon on spot.

 

« You », I blurted out

« We weren't talking about him though... », Nicole whispered not so lowly

« Yeah, it was that cute friend of your boyfriend », Min betrayed me

 

Key looked at me in shock, grasping immediatly the discussion we were having. Shock was soon replaced by delight and then amusement was all over his face.

 

« Did you know Nicole's getting married ? », I tried

« No freaking way ! Honey, are you really ? », Key exclamed immediatly

 

She only giggled and showed her promise ring. I put a hand to my heart in pure relief, that was close. We went back to talking, forgetting all about me and I went in deep-in-thought mode.

 

The first time I saw the guy, I was meeting Jinwoon. I was waiting for him near the locker hallway when Jonghyun arrived, greeting me sightly before leaving. I was staring at him dreamingly, thinking about how lucky he and Key was when I was still head over heels with my ex-girlfriend who dumped me months ago after almost a year of being together. Jonghyun hugged a guy softly, messing his hair while laughing. I was highly surprised, they seemed really intimate for just being friends but then, another man came, Heechul, one of the most well-known guy around here, and he back-hugged the guy, pushing Jonghyun before kissing his neck. I blushed. Jinwoon arrived, mumbling things but I wasn't listenning. A high « go and kill yourself Heechul » left the boy's mouth and I laughed softly. Jinwoon judged me, then followed my eyes and looked at the group. He asked me what was I doing and I just let a small « cute » pass through my lips before focusing back to my own friend.

 

« Sunggyu ? », Key said out of the blue

« Who's that ? », Mir asked

« The sassiest friend of Jong »

 

Everyone looked at me once again. Couldn't they just let me be already ?

 

« I heard about him », said Nicole

« Yeah, he's quite...um...interesting ? », Key said unsure

« Interesting ? », Dongwoon repeated

« Wait, I have a picture of him in my phone. We went to a party two weeks ago... »

« Speaking of party, Changmin's doing one tonight », Mir announced

« I heard about it, is Woohyun's crush going ? », Min asked

« I don't know..yet », Key said, showing his phone, « but we are ! »

 

They all had to take the phone on hand to look at the picture. I hadn't had a chance to see him yet that Jinwoon confirmed the identity. When the phone landed on my laps, I took it slowly because all eyes were on me.

 

« It's not like it's a big deal, stop being so hyp-- ! », I yelped while looking at the screen

 

Oh damn ! He was freaking hot. Was it him ? But--Wha--Who--Wh--How ? He went from the cutest fluffy thing ever to a freakin' able man. Key laughed loudly and took back his phone.

 

« Kim Sunggyu, 21 years old, coming from Jeonju, majoring in music, single » , Key listed

« Single », repeated Nicole with a wink, « man or woman ? », she turned to Key

« For what I know, man », he answered, scratching his chin in thought

« Go for it ! », concluded Min

 

Hell no.

 

It was time for me to head back to college. I already missed a class, it wouldn't be reasonable to miss another one. Dongwoon and Mir were with me this time, we had some more minutes before the beginning so we wanted to settle in a classroom. We found one that were emptying, I ran into it, sitting swiftly on a table. The guys entering seconds later.

 

« Move », a voice echoed

 

I turned, startled and my eyes fell on the speaker. Oh my...

 

« What ? », was the only thing that I could say

« Your  »

 

I frowned at that. What was his problem ? Mir and Dongwoon began to laugh hysterically.

 

« You're sitting on his bag bro », Mir said pointing with his chin

« What the.. ? », I jumped back to earth, « sorry guy, didn't intended to do that »

« Thanks..guy »

 

He sighed lightly, then bowed a little and went for the exit. I was thinking whether I should run after him to apologize or let him be. Well, I thought too much as Heechul made his entrance in the room.

 

« Kim ing Sunggyu ! », he exclamed, « You have to grant me this wish ! »

« Wha-- I won't », Heechul grabbed his hand quickly

« I'll be at your door at 8 o'clock ! »

« Don't come Heechul, I'm warning you »

 

Heechul sent a kiss and left the room with a weird dance. Sunggyu reached the exist while mumbling. I breathed.

 

« What the-- », I cried

« Remember this as your first meeting with your crush », Mir laughed

 

Never.

 

« Well, now you know he'll be there tonight », Dongwoon tried

 

I arrived at Changmin's at midnight. Parties always began too early while people began enjoying it more later on. I had a before party with the guys at Min's appartment, I should have been more careful. When I opened the door, Changmin almost fell on me.

 

« Woohyun ! Long time no see, take that ! »

 

He handed me a glass and left. Min gulped it and gave it to someone else before heading to the dancefloor. I went directly to her, we arrived on time to enjoy.

 

As time passed, I was more and more wasted. Not being drunk tonight : failure. Dongwoon told me he was thirsty and went for the table. I saw him bumping into someone but didn't care about it. Well, he was taking time quite a long time so I ran to him and jumped on his back.

 

« Call me er ! »

 

The other boy shrieked and quickly put his hand on his mouth. Dongwoon brushed me off and I went back on the floor, standing in front of the guy. I was sure I knew him but was too wasted to remember who he was. I looked at him from head to toe, he was hot.

 

« Back off »

 

He pushed me softly and disappeared from my view. I grabbed Dongwoon's glass, emptied it and leaded him back to dance.

 

While I was dancing, someone nudged me and, as I turned around, a man landed in my arms, grapping me firmly. I crossed eyes with the taller man and we began dancing together. I put my hands on his hips in order to create some contact but soon enough he stormed out of the room. Was that the second part where I had to follow him and we would make out, then have passionate sessions ? I brushed it off and went back to my friends.

 

The morning after that, I woke up on a couch. My body hurt like hell and I had a hangover, great. Jonghyun came to me and sat down, Key bounced in our direction and went for his laps.

 

« You okay ? », asked a concerned Jonghyun

« I've known better »

« You've known worse », completed Key

« That's true », I laughed hoarsely, « but I do not remember all of yesterday to be true »

« Really ? », Key asked in shock as he exchanged glances with Jonghyun

« Did I missed something ? », I raised an eyebrow, something sounded fishy

« Nope », he kind of smiled

 

That was obviously a lie. What the heck did I do ?

~ ♪ ♫ ♪ ~

Bonjour ! So...I had a hard time deciding if I should publish this chapter or not because I had another idea in mind but, whatever. Here's Woohyun's point of view of the day Sunggyu had described the previous chapter. Hope you like it !

My exams are coming to an end !! Tomorrow I'll be freeee ~ And I'll focus on the next chapter of this story, see you then !