Chapter 3 - The approach

Take care of the ending

Present day

Review 1

 

« You see ! I told you ! »

« Shut up Gyu ! », he whines
 

Sunggyu stops all movement to look at the other guy with chocked eyes, not wanting to believe what he just heard.

 

« What did you say ? »

 

Woohyun gulps.

 

« Gyu... »

 

Sunggyu crosses his arms and glares at the younger. He gulps once again.

 

« Listen babe... »

« Don't you babe me when you just told me to shut the up »

« But I... », he whispers

 

He tries to reach for his boyfriend who dodges him easily, sulking. Woohyun growls.

 

« I saw you in this corridor, right ? », Sunggyu glares at him, « Okay, you were right for this one », he tries to reach for the other again, « but I'd rather not consider this as our first meeting, alright ? »

 

The older man lets the other grabs his hand but looks away, inducing him to keep talking.

 

« Just...listen to me for a little bit okay ? »

« Go ahead... », he mumbles

« Wasn't our next meeting more appropriate ? »

« This isn't the point Woohyun, we said the first one », he says as he turns to look in the other's eyes

 

Woohyun tugs at the other to put him on his laps.

 

« We can't consider that as a meeting, I was drunk »

« Not my fault, I do remember », Sunggyu settles for a more confortable position, « and did you forget the part where you sat on my bag ? »

« You're a stubborn one », he kisses him

 

Sunggyu smiles onto the other's lips, proud that he won.

 

« Let's move on, yeah ? »

« Move to what ? », the brunet raises an eyebrow

« The next time we met », he smiles foundly

« Oh, to the part where you became a stalker and kept on harassing me ? », he says as he claps his hands at the thought

 

Woohyun's eyes narrows. This guy will kill him some day.

Chapitre III - L'approche

 

The following days, I tried to behave. My usual self wasn't doing me any good. I hadn't seen Sunggyu in a long time and I kind of began to miss him even though we weren't even friends...yet. I had decided that I should make a move before someone else hit on him and took him away from me. That would not happen, not on my watch.

 

It was the end of the day and I was heading to the field. Key sent me a lovely message, something like « bring your over here ». Everyone thought of Key as the sweetest guy of college but...he was absolutely not that, and I've known him for years already. My phone vibrated in my pocket.

 

From Nicole : « I'm thirsty », I snorted

To Nicole : « Go and ask your soon-to-be »

Fom Min : « I'm thirsty »

 

I sighed. It was obviously Nicole. I stopped at the nearby shop to buy some drinks and almost ran to the field, afraid that they will asked me something else. When I arrived, I was highly shocked. Nicole was speaking with Min and Bora, Mir seemed to be in his own world, Key was lying in Jonghyun's arms, and they were actively speaking with non other than Kim Heechul and the one that was all over my mind lately. I gulped as I approached them.

 

« H-hey »

 

I stuttered. I freaking stuttered. I never stuttered.

 

« Hyunnie ! », Nicole hugged me, « I missed you »

 

I narrowed my eyes at her while she blinked cutely hers. I handed her the drinks and sat next to Mir. He glared at me.

 

« Come here ! »

 

Heechul grabbed my arm and included me to their circle. Key soon took me in his arms with a chuckle. Traitor.

 

« You took long », he whined

« Well, I had to buy drinks... »

 

I kept on glancing to Sunggyu from time to times, averting my eyes as soon as I met his. I was acting like a teenager in heat and it was annoying as hell. Someone collapsed on my back, I turned my head just to see Min and decided to ignore her.

 

« You're boring Hyun », she sighed, « And I'm bored »

« I don't care », I tried to shake her off

« What are you doing tomorrow ? », a second weight came on my back

« Nothing, it's the week-end », Key cut me up

 

I nodded sightly.

 

« Let's do shopping ! »

« I don't do shopping », I frowned

« Of course you do ! Everyone does ! Right Sunggyu ? », Key exclamed

« Uh ? W-what ? », he blinked

« You wanna hang out tomorrow ? », asked Min

 

He looked at me bluntly and kept on blinking. I flushed and diverted my eyes. He focused back on Min and smiled.

 

« I have something plan tomorrow, another time ? »

« Eh ? What are you doing ? You didn't tell me ! », Heechul seemed offended

« Stop gluing me and find a girlfriend already ! », he tsked

« You hear that Hyun ? », Min intervened

 

All eyes were on me. I wondered why my friends kept on wanting me to be the center of attention. I sighed but didn't answered.

 

« You're single ? », Sunggyu asked and I blushed, nodding

« Go on a date ! », Heechul concluded

« No, no, no », he exclamed quickly, waving his hands in dismissal

« That's not nice, Gyu », Jonghyun scowlded

« You had a good time with the guy too », Heechul added

« What good time ? », I cut in

 

Once again, everyone stared at me. I frowned, waiting.

 

« You...don't remember ? », Sunggyu said in a whisper

« Well, that's a good thing if you want to go in his pants »

« Heechul ! Shut the hell up for 's sake ! », Sunggyu exploded

 

I laughed. The words sounded wrong coming from his mouth, it was like a baby swearing. He cocked an eyebrow at me.

 

« You're cute »

 

His eyes widened. Mine as well. I hadn't intended that. Everyone followed and began to laugh, everyone but him and me, who had stopped when I comprehended what I had just said. My phone rang, saving me from the thought of burrying myself to die. I mumbled a sorry to answer the call, my mum told me to hurry back home for a familly meeting. Like I cared. I bade goodbye and went home.

 

The next day, I didn't met the others as planned. I saw them the next week in college, like always. I bumped, or rather, Sunggyu bumped into me while I was going to the infirmary, with a hurting leg thanks to the football match. Despite that, I catched him before he fall down. He coughed, a little red, and straigtened himself up.

 

« Er..thank you », he mumbled

 

I rubbed my neck and we stood next to each other, doing nothing and staring into nothingness.

 

« Would you like to...go out ? »

« What !? No ! »

« Eh ? Not like th-- »

« I have to go »

 

He ran to the exit. Nice one Woohyun.

 

We met the week after, a bunch of time actually, but each time I went to him, he kept on avoiding me, looking away and fleeing. I was highly offended by that, of course. I wasn't some kind of insensitive guy. I grabbed him on Friday in one of his attempt to run away.

 

« Can we talk ? »

« No ! »

« Please ? »

« No ! »

« Why do you keep on running ? », I let his arm go

 

He stood still but didn't move. I looked down, hurt. After some more minutes of silence, he went away silently. I hadn't try anything after that and did my best in order to let him breathe and why not, forget him a little. That was so weird how he took such a big place in my life while being a complete stranger. It was two weeks later that he came to me in the hallway.

 

« You can't do that ! »

« Do what ? », I sighed closing my locker

« You can't arrive in my life, do stupid things, try to go in my pants, then say you forget it all, and ask me out to finally drive out of it ! That's not what people do ! »

 

He was out of breathe. And red. I blinked at him in confusion.

 

« Are you confessing now ? », I tried

« What !? you ! »

« You should stop swearing », I ruffled his hair

« Don't ever do that ! »

« You should have said that you were the push-and-pull type »

« I'm n-- »

« I'll be at the café down the street tomorrow »

« I don't care where you'll be ! », he stomped and left

 

That day, I drank alone.

 

« Oh ! Nam Woohyun ! »

 

I turned to see Kim Heechul running at me. He was waving wildly with a huge smile. What did this man wanted from me ? I heard that once the guy is around you, you can't rest anymore.

 

« Hyunnie, let's talk », I frowned at the nickname, « come on, let's grab something »

 

I followed him and he led me to the café I was last time. Sweet memory.

 

« Let me go straight to the point buddy », he took a sip of his coffee, « do you want Sunggyu ? »

 

I choked on my drink, spilling a part of it on my chin, I swipped it quickly.

 

« Wh-what ? »

« Ah, sorry, was that to straightforward ? », he hadn't seemed sorry though

 

Obviously.

 

« Well, take this paper, it's a must have when you want to be close to our baby », he winked

 

The night, I studied the note. What the hell was that ? It just spelled nonsense. I should throw it tomorrow.

 

« Hey beautiful », I whispered huskily

« What's now ? »

 

No reaction.

 

« You should come to my next match, you'll be my lucky charm »

« Are you drunk ? », he turned to me, « or have you met Heechul ? »

« ...I met Heechul », I confessed slowly

« Rule number 1 : never trust Heechul », he held his hand out

« Rule number 2 ? », I gave him the paper

« Rule number 2 : do not haress me », he said reading the thing

« I am not », he cocked an eyebrow, « you're the one who's getting it wrong »

« Rule number 3 : do not lie »

« I asked you out as in eating together or whatever », his eyes softened and I continued, « I wanted to throw this but...I thought your friend might help me as I wasn't doing any progress »

« Progress to what ? »

« To learn to know you »

 

His mouth formed a perfect 'o' and he nodded slightly. He looked back again at Heechul's note and crumpled it.

 

« I live in the 'Paris' building, just ring Kim Sunggyu »

 

With that, he left. Waving absent-mindedly. Did I just won a date ?

~ ♪ ♫ ♪ ~

Bonjour ~ Guess what. I don't like this chapter ! It doesn't came out like I wanted, argg ! Well, I hope I will be satisfy with the next one...maybe there's too much dialogue..

Well, I hope you like it though... See you next time !