Chapter 4 - What the heck ?!

Take care of the ending

Chapitre IV - Pourquoi ?!

 

I didn't know why I did this and kept on searching what had passed my mind that day. The guy was randomly appearing in my way each freaking time. I was closing my locker, and he was staring at me in the distance, I was eating lunch, and he was drooling on the table next to me. My life had became more hectic, I couldn't do anything once at home, just falling on my bed and wondering what I did wrong in life.

 

The freak had tried to make a move, asking me out out of the blue. Where the hell did he think he was ? The Care Bears land or what ? I had to improve my avoiding skills after that. He wasn't just looking from afar but actually, tried to approach me. Maybe two or three weeks later, he completely disappeared from my life. I grew worry about him and went to one of his acquaintance.

 

« Woohyun ? Yeah, he's alive », he laughed while I blushed

« Has he left...or something ? »

« Uh, no », his eyes widdened in disbelief, « I saw him this morning, he was talking nonsense as usual, you shouldn't worry about him buddy »

 

He patted my head before taking his leave. I saw him on the same day and ran to him, anger rising up in my chest.

 

« You can't do that ! », I blurted out

« Do what ? », he sighed closing his locker

« You can't arrive in my life, do stupid things, try to go in my pants, then say you forget it all, and ask me out to finally drive out of it ! That's not what people do ! »

 

I was shocked at my own words. What was wrong with me. As soon as I crossed eyes with him, I regretted everything and just wanted to punch him right on the face.

 

« Are you confessing now ? », he smirked

« What !? you ! »

« You should stop swearing », he ruffled my hair

« Don't ever do that ! »

« You should have said that you were the push-and-pull type »

« I'm n-- »

« I'll be at the café down the street tomorrow », he cut me off

« I don't care where you'll be ! »

 

I hurriedly left.

 

I felt guilty the following days. I was too impulsive, I always was. I tried to talk it out with Junhyung one day, when Heechul was luckily absent.

 

« You fell for the guy », he concluded

« Hell no », I narrowed my eyes

« So, what do you want ? »

« What are you implying ? »

« You're here, babbling about some guy that are getting on your nerves for one hour already »

« And that made you think I'm in love with him ?! »

« You never talk about people you hate. Well, you never talk about people at all »

 

I couldn't say anything, he had a point. I was sure that I had no feelings for Woohyun though. Maybe anger, or fear but nothing close to love.

 

« Hey beautiful »

 

Someone breathed noisily next to me the day after.

 

« What's now ? »

« You should come to my next match, you'll be my lucky charm »

« Are you drunk ? », I cocked an eyebrow while turning to Woohyun, « or have you met Heechul ? »

« ...I met Heechul », he confessed quickly

« Rule number 1 : never trust Heechul », I held my hand out

« Rule number 2 ? », he gave me the paper

« Rule number 2 : do not haress me », I said reading it

« I am not ! You're the one who's getting it wrong »

« Rule number 3 : do not lie », I frowned

« I asked you out as in eating together or whatever. I wanted to throw this but...I thought your friend might help me as I wasn't doing any progress »

« Progress to what ? »

« To learn to know you »

 

I was a bit taken aback and could only nod. I looked down, thinking over the past few weeks and closed my hand around the note. The guy was obviously nice and quite naive. In a way, he was cute, even if he was freaking me out most of the time. I could gave him a chance to talk, that wasn't anything right ? I restrained a sigh.

 

« I live in the 'Paris' building, just ring Kim Sunggyu »

 

I left. Not with a mere exit, with a charismatic actor kind of exit. Why ? I still don't know.

 

I soon regretted what I did but, surprisingly, the kid hadn't came right away. Hell, he hadn't came at all. Some weeks passed, I was disappointed, feeling kind of betrayed. Had he lost interest already ? Did I do something wrong ? Was it a game ?

 

« Sunggyu, are you listening ? »

« Eh ? Sorry, Leo, you were saying ? »

« It's okay, do you want to go grab something before the next class ? »

« Hm, let's go », I smiled

 

Leo was a nice guy, maybe a little bit too nice. He kept adressing me in a polite way even if we've known each other for long now. Most people thought I was the shy guy while Leo was the tough one, what a joke ! He was fidgetting on his foot, something was obviously bothering him. I asked him while we walked back on the hallway.

 

« Something's wrong ? »

« No... Actualy, I was wondering if something's wrong...with you », he looked down

« With me ? Why ? »

« Watch out ! », someone shouted

 

We looked in front of us, startled but avoided bumping into someone. That someone being Woohyun. I glared at him. I snorted too. Well, I was mad.

 

« Hello », he breathed

« Sunggyu ! Long time no see ! », said Min while clasping her hands on Woohyun's back

« We have to go, come Leo »

 

Leo bowed a little before running after me. It might have seemed rude to Min but I was like that, angry at the entire word when I felt like it. Maybe I should apologize to her later, when that stupid tree would be away.

 

Friday afternoon, the intercom rang. That was strange, the guys knew the password and my key always traveled from hand to hand when needed. I stood up and answered lazily.

 

« Yeah ? »

« Ah ! Er...Hello ? Hm...It's Woohyun... »

 

I tsked but opened the door nonetheless, then went back to the couch. He went in, hesitant, closed the door and joined me on the couch, sitting at the other end. He stayed silent for a while.

 

« You're mad », it wasn't a question

 

Some more minutes passed before he spoke again.

 

« I don't know why though... »

« Woohyun, what do you want ? »

« I told you...didn't I ? »

« No, what are you doing here ? Right now ? »

 

He stared at me with lost puppy eyes. I ruffled my hair in frustration. What was wrong with this guy ?

 

« You asked me to come »

« Yeah, like two weeks ago ! », I bursted

 

Calm wasn't one of my most well-kown quality. Why was I even reacting like that ? He averted his eyes and frowned, deep in thought. I went to the kitchen, afraid that I would burst once more for no reason. Being close to him wasn't a good thing, not at all. I rummaged through things, just occupying my hands. It wasn't like me, I should just tell the guy to get the out. It was my house after all. I turned around and stumbled a bit, he was too close.

 

« Be careful »

 

He tried to make a move but I lifted my hand to his chest, effectively stopping him.

 

« Don't come »

« Okay », he put his hands up

 

I was flustered.

 

« I...guess I should go »

 

He turned around. I raised my head, quickly catching his arm.

 

« W-wait ! »

« Er... », he rubbed his nape, « I don't understand you »

« Me neither »

 

I said as I brought him close in order to put my lips on his. I pushed him harshly when I came back to myself, eyes wide and hand on my mouth. , ,  !

 

« You have to go ! », I ushered him to the door

« Wh-- »

« Bye ! »

 

I closed the door without waiting for an answer and leant against it. My heart was pounding loudly in my chest.

 

The week after, we did met but none of us approached the other. He simply waved from afar and I greeted with a slight nod. We eventually had to spend time together as Key and Jonghyun were an item. They were together for a few months but it was only some weeks ago that they decided their friends should met, in order to make things easier for them I guessed. Woohyun arrived late with a bag in his hand. I smiled as I saw that exact same scene the first time we all gathered. He offered me a can of juice with a smile, I took it thankfully. We stared at each other for some seconds, Heechul broke the moment. His speciality.

 

« Gyu ! I heard you hit a perfect score in music ! »

« Let go », I tried to get ride of him

« You sing ? », Woohyun blinked

 

I blushed but nodded with averted eyes. I instantly felt shy.

 

« And he has a beautiful voice », Bora added

« Sing for us ! », Heechul whined

« No way ! », I refused immediatly

 

Woohyun's eyes went from expectation to disappointment in a second but he smiled as he set his eyes on me. I gulped the juice and cleared my throat. I took a deep inspiration before letting the words flew.

 

« If I had just one miraculous moment,

It's probably the day I first met you,

If there was a hell-like moment,

That I want to forget,

It's probably when I let you go »

 

I opened my eyes suddenly, realisation hitting me. I searched for Woohyun's eyes instinctively. He tilted his head and I breathed.

 

« I can't do anything,

Because all of my air is filled up with you

Even if I slightly move

I bump into you »

 

I blushed as I ended the part, looking down at my fidgetting hands. It sounded more like a whisper by now.

 

« I need to empty you out little by little

Yes, I need to erase you

I bite my lips and tell myself

But I can't even start... »

 

Nobody understood. Or so I hoped. I hadn't even made the link before. The lyrics just sounded like my non-existant relation with Woohyun and I became so self-conscious of that.

 

« Did you write this ? », Min asked

« Yes... », I cringed

« Amazing ! », she clapped her hands, « You're so talented ! Guys, did you heard that voice ?! »

« Obviously », Mir snorted at her statement

« Are you in love ? », Jonghyun asked

 

I chocked on my juice.

 

« What the actual Jong ? »

 

He quickly put his hands up in retreat. Key laughed, everyone followed. Heechul hugged me, more of a habit gesture than an intimate one, and started a new conversation. I went into deep thought mode, unaware of my surrounding. I glanced at Woohyun. He was happily talking with the others. It was the first time I scrutinized him. He was really good looking and quite attractive. Maybe too much attractive. My mind began going wild. I averted my eyes, ears all red and almost panting, courtesy of my imagination. Heechul looked at me weirdly but decided not to mind my weird behaviour. My eyes hadn't fell on Woohyun until the end of the day. It was for the best. I wasn't too confident in not jumping on the poor guy. I was in too deep.

~ ♪ ♫ ♪ ~

Bonjour ! I just finished writing this like twenty minutes ago. I was so engrossed in the chapter that I didn't write what I wanted at first *laugh*. I just have to postpone my idea..! I think it's easier for me to write Gyu's point of view, I'll have to work on that.

Thanks for your comments, I was sooo happy ! Thanks for the subscriptions and upvotes too. Basically, thanks for reading