Chapter 8 - Are we..?

Take care of the ending

Chapitre 8 - Nous..?

 

I will never understand what had gotten into me that time but the fact was there, I may had taken being close to Woohyun as something normal. More as something essential actually. If I had lunch with him, I would internally like his hand rubbing circle on my thigh with a poker face. If we met with the others, I would stole glances and became a serial texter. Truthfully, those gatherings were hell, he was just some inches away and yet, I couldn't bluntly go to him and just erased the other's existence. Not that I didn't wanted to but our friends were quite special unfortunately. The only time I would initiate contact was when he barged into my appartment.

 

It was Saturday afternoon and I was there, on my couch, wondering if one day we would be one. I took my phone lazily and texted Woohyun.

 

To Woohyun : « What you doin' ? »

From Woohyun : « You miss me ? ;) »

 

I cringed. This guy... Well, I would be lying if I said I didn't but he would be so damn happy about it. I was screwed either way.

 

To Woohyun : « I may... »

 

I tsked when he stopped answering after that. Ah, maybe he had a heart-attack... I bit on my lip.

 

To Woohyun : « You still there ? »

From Woohyun : « I'm coming »

 

Eh ? I stood up abruptly and ran to the bathroom. Why was he like that ? He should remember that I liked to lay around during weekends by now. I jumped when the intercom rang a few minutes later. Did he ran ?

 

« Yeah ? »

« It's me... »

 

He definitely ran. I opened the door sightly and went to prepare some drinks. When I went back to the main room, he was there, staring at me with his freaking puppy eyes.

 

« Hey... », I said flusterred

 

I went to the couch, followed by him. I thought he'd be enjoying the situation a lot more but he sat at the opposite end. Did I smell ? His hand found mind and he brought me to him gently, setting me between his legs. He planted a sweet kiss on my cheek and put his head on my shoulder. I noticed he liked doing that a lot.

 

« You don't really answer Nam. What were you doing ? »

« Hm... Nothing special, I was talking with the other »

« You shouldn't have come then »

« Should I leave ? »

 

I kept him in place by grabbing his shirt. He raised his head and I opened my eyes, that I didn't even remember closing. His touches were like lullaby to me. I leaned in to kiss him, like I was attracted and that it was the most usual thing to do. He was the one who broke it. Such a .

 

« Gyu... »

« Shut up »

« No, wait a sec », he took my arms in his hands

« What ? », he wasn't answering, « Are you okay ? », I cupped his face

« Yeah...just, hm...will you go on a date with me ? »

« Eh ? Was that what was bothering you ? »

« Kind of ? »

« You're stupid »

 

I laughed and kiss him lightly before standing up. I didn't really wanted to go out but I had figured out that, maybe, I should make some efforts too. For us to work. Not that I wanted something. Of course not. Right ? He let himself fall onto my back once I reached my little bedroom for what seemed like a back-hug.

 

« Ah, let me go », I laughed genuinely

« Why did you left ? »

« You asked for a date, right ? I'd better wear something else then »

« Wait, you mean right now ? », he turned me so that we were face to face

« Well, there's nothing else to do anyway...or do you have something in mind ? »

 

He sat on the bed, waiting for me to get ready. I squeezed his thigh lightly when he hadn't say anything after some minutes. That was so not him.

 

« Let's go kid »

 

I took him off guards by agreeing to go so quickly and I tried not to laugh when he was making a plan for the day. We didn't do anything special but I really enjoyed the date. Woohyun smiled the whole day and was being a true gentleman. First, we went to a café. It was a simple place and we spoke there for a while. That was probably the first time we properly talked together and I learned some more things about him. Some things I was surprised I didn't know to be honest. Like his age for example, a year younger than me, or his major in teaching. I hoped we would be doing this more often from now on. After that, we went to the cinema and had dinner once the film ended. True, it wasn't so original but god did I enjoy this day ! I almost hadn't noticed when we arrived in front of my door.

 

« We should totally do that again ! »

« Sure, I'll prepare it this time »

 

I was growing impatient. I so wanted this now. He leaned forward and I stopped him with a smile.

 

« I don't kiss on the first date »

« Are you kidding me now Sunggyu ? »

« No, I'm serious »

« Go out with me »

« I just get home Nam », I raised an eyebrow

« No, I mean. Go out with me, like, romantically »

 

A 'okay' almost slipped past my lips. Wait a second. What ? Did he mean like lovers ? Oh  ! I wanted this but I wasn't sure I was ready to have a proper relationship. But I didn't want him to distance from me. Urg, what should I do ?

 

« You don't have to answer just...know that »

« I-- », I searched my words, « Take me on other dates Nam »

« Promise »

 

He kissed the back of my hand. Since when was he holding them ? I should calm down. I opened the door, poundered if I should let him in. It was a joke, we already kissed after all, I was so ready to anything right now but... Arg ! I closed it. I almost said yes without a second thought because to be true, I loved being with the man.

 

We had lunch on Tuesday. I sat next to him as soon as I spotted his group. I greeted everyone silently and focused on my food, it was my busy day so I hadn't really had time. He kind of didn't aknowledged me though, I took his hand in mine after a while and his eyes fell on me. He smiled and whispered next to my ear.

 

« Stop pouting like that... »

 

I blushed at his tone. I wasn't pouting ! I pinched his thigh and put both hands on the table. I looked at my phone, it was almost time for me to go. I sighed but stood up nonetheless.

 

« You going ? », Woohyun asked surprised

« Yeah, my next class is starting soon »

« Hm, wait »

 

He gulped his remaining food and stood up too. That was new. We walked to my department area, Woohyun stopped in the track. I raised an eyebrow at him.

 

« Woohyun, I'm going »

« Is it okay to kiss you ? »

« Eh ? », what was he talking about again

« Like, right now »

 

I went to him and kissed him sightly. He sighed in delight.

 

« Don't ask that, it's weird »

« Should I just do it then ? »

« Yeah, have you ever seen couples asking to kiss ? »

 

He smirked. What now ?

 

« Are we a couple now ? »

 

I blinked at him and rushed to my class mumbling a quick goodbye and something about being late. .

 

I wanted to avoid him, too freaking embarassed of myself. Of course, he wouldn't let me and, eventually, we had a group gathering. Everyone stared at me when I arrived and I wandered why I kept coming here and spending my time with those guys.

 

 

« Uh...where are Jonghyun and Key ? », I asked

« Date », Junhyung answered

« Why did you text me then ? », I turned to Heechul

« I missed you ! »

 

He made me sit next to him and put his hand on my shoulders. I looked around, the talkative Min wasn't there neither.

 

« What are you doing for the summer break ? », Nicole asked

« Partying ! », Heechul screamed

« Could you reserve a day from your intense partying schedule then ? », she laughed

« Ah, you settle the date ? », I smiled

 

She only nodded at that with a blush. I personnaly thought that marrying at a young age wasn't a rational decision but that wasn't my life and people should just do whatever they wanted for what I cared. The thing that was bothering me is that I had forgotten about summer break. Our last day was already tomorrow...

 

From Woohyun : « Do you want something special ? »

 

I raised my head and I felt so stupid for not noticing that there was no Woohyun among us. He must had been doing errands again.

 

« Tell him I want an ice cream », Heechul naturally said

« He wasn't talking to you though », I turned to him, « Why are you even peeking at my screen ? »

« You never were a text-addict but since you have his number, it seems to have changed »

« Just go out already ! », Bora intervened

« We're working on it ! Piss off »

 

Everyone stopped moving and looked at me.

 

« You're working on what ? », Key barged from nowhere

« Oh you're back ! », Zico welcomed

« We brought snacks ! », Woohyun proudly said

 

Everyone stared at him and his smile fluttered. Heechul was the initial traitor.

 

« Congratulations Woohyunie ! », he patted his back

« W-what ? »

« I never would have imagined Sunggyu and you together », laughed Doojoon

 

I glared at Doojoon. If they had told me they couldn't shut up, I would have never been friend with those ers. Woohyun sat next to me and I sweared I would have made this smirk disappear.

 

« Are we ? », he joked

 

Even though the atmosphere was light it turned quite heavy around me. I hated this situation. I really hated it. Being under the spotlight, everyone looking with expectant eyes, hands clasped together like they were praying. Why should I voice my feelings ? Even more, why now ? Why should I do it when Woohyun told me the answer didn't really matter ? And then, he laughed. Woohyun did. He gave the bag away for everyone to pick up their choice and began talking about a different subject. It went smoothly, no one fussed about us anymore and I could only stare at him in awe. I did the only thing that was on my mind at the moment and side-hugged him. I needed to. I wanted to. He was startled but hold me back with an arm, without breaking the conversation he was immersed in.

 

« We are... », I whispered before resting my head on his shoulder

~ ♪ ♫ ♪ ~

Bonjour ! I wanted to update this story each Wednesday and I kind of did. I failed this week but you know what ? This is the last chapter... Ahh! I wanted to keep going but I don't know what to do after that ! I'd rather stop it on a satisfying note even if it may seemed rush instead of keep going and doing ty things. Well, the story is about them becoming a couple and, yeah, you can guess that. I'll probably post an ultimate review as an epilogue and that would be the end, I'll try to post it by next Friday !

Until next time, au revoir