Another Chance

Stories about Satzu

Tzuyu knew that she shouldn’t have let her into the apartment; she knew what would become of her if she allowed her to walk into her life once again. The moment she closed her apartment door she turned and followed the older girl into her living room. Silence fell between them, her gaze on the older girl seated on her couch, neither of them daring to speak. Tzuyu leaned her body against the counter, a soft sigh escaping her lips before her voice broke the silence. “Sana unnie what are you doing here?” she questioned, despite her indifference; Tzuyu was concerned, especially if it was involving the older girl.

“We already spoke about this, you can’t visit me anymore. You can’t be here,” Tzuyu’s voice was stern; she hoped that her voice didn’t come off as unhappy, wanting her voice to sound somewhat strong. She moved her body away from the counter and slowly made her way towards one of the cupboards. “I broke up with Dahyun,” Sana’s voice was soft; Tzuyu stopped her movements momentarily upon hearing her words, unsure of how to respond.

“I…I’m sorry to hear that,” those were the only words that Tzuyu could muster; she grabbed a mug from inside the cupboard, making sure to close it before turning the kettle on. “I’m sorry for how things ended, I’m sorry for hurting you.” The older girl’s voice was soft at first but grew stronger as she continued to speak. Sana stood up from where she was seated and made her way to where the younger girl was. “It’s fine, it’s not like you held any real feelings for me. I moved on.” Sana’s heart hurt as she listened to the bitter tone of Tzuyu’s voice.

Her relationship with Dahyun opened her eyes to a lot of things. Being with the younger girl allowed her to experience new things but the most important thing she took from their time together was that her feelings for Tzuyu had been deeper than she had realised. Whenever she kissed the younger girl, she had imagined Tzuyu to be on the receiving end, whenever she held hands with the younger girl Sana wondered how it would feel if Tzuyu’s hands were intertwined with hers.

Sana stopped in her tracks as she watched Tzuyu move around the kitchen, “Is that all you wanted to say to me,” Tzuyu’s voice was quiet, but Sana could hear the emotion in her voice, she could feel the hurt that was weaved into her words. “I…” the older girl’s voice was caught in as the younger girl turned to face her, heart hurting as she noticed the unshed tears. “If there’s nothing left for you to say then I think you should leave,” Tzuyu looked away from the older girl, making sure to turn the kettle off before she began moving her legs in the direction of her apartment door.

Sana watched as Tzuyu walked away from her, she wasn’t going to lose her again; she already made that mistake once. She followed the younger girl and as soon as she was within reach she grabbed Tzuyu’s wrist, stopping her movements. When she realised that Tzuyu wasn’t going to turn around, Sana took a deep breath before speaking. “I’m sorry for hurting you, but I mean it when I say I love you. I’m sorry that it took me a while to realise that, I’m sorry for breaking your heart.” Her voice was soft and full of sincerity; Sana let go of Tzuyu’s wrist as she patiently waited for the younger girl’s response.

Tzuyu’s lips trembled slightly, causing her to bite them in an attempt to calm herself. She wanted to believe the older girl she really did but she didn’t want to get her heart broken again, she didn’t want to go through that pain again. The younger girl decided to continue walking, her steps much slower this time, deciding to test whether or not Sana was being true to what she said. “It’s getting late,” she managed to mutter quietly but before Tzuyu could take another step, the older girl grabbed her wrist once again and turned her around. The older girl immediately wrapped her arms around Tzuyu’s waist.

“I’ll do whatever it takes for you to love and trust me again, just please give another chance. I’ll prove to you that my love is genuine.” Tzuyu closed her eyes slowly, allowing the tears to finally escape; “I’m scared,” her voice was so quiet that Sana nearly missed what she said. “I’m scared that you’ll break my heart again,” Tzuyu continued, raising her hand to wipe away the tears. Sana pulled away slightly and removed her arms from Tzuyu’s waist so that she could cup her cheeks gently. “If you give me another chance, I promise I’ll never break your heart again.” Sana began to caress Tzuyu’s face as she wiped away the tears that continued to fall, she would spend the rest of her life if she had to proving that the younger girl was the one that she loved.

“Do you really love me?” Tzuyu asked suddenly, her eyes opening slowly so that she could look the older girl in the eyes. She just needed confirmation that Sana was being sincere, “I love you so much,” Tzuyu felt her heart wavering, noticing the sincerity in Sana’s eyes. She made her decision; she was just hoping that Sana wouldn’t give her a reason to regret it.  A sigh escaped Tzuyu’s lips before she raised her arms slowly and placed them around the older girl’s waist and hugging her. “I can’t let you in right away but I’m willing to give you the chance,” Sana let out a sigh of relief as she wrapped her arms around Tzuyu’s neck, her lips forming into a smile.

They weren’t back together but the younger girl was willing to give her a chance to win her heart again and that was more than enough. The both of them stayed in each other arms for a moment longer before the younger girl pulled away, a small smile on her face. She noticed the tears that had fallen down Sana’s cheeks so she raised her hand to wipe them away, “Why are you crying?” she asked.

“I’m just really happy that you’re giving me another chance,” the smile on Sana’s face hadn’t left, her gaze still on the younger girl. ““Do you want to stay for a bit? Maybe we can chat and catch up?” Tzuyu’s voice was soft, she wasn’t sure what to do, and she couldn’t just tell the older girl to leave, especially after giving her another chance. “I’d love that,” Sana smiled up at Tzuyu, her heart beginning to race as the younger girl responded with a smile of her own, Tzuyu removed her hands from Sana’s waist and grabbed her hand, bringing her back towards her living room. The two of them were going to have a lot to catch up on.