Third Wheel

Stories about Satzu

Sana entered the apartment with a grin on her face, happiness filling her body at the thought of finally being to see her girlfriend. Business trips were something that she wasn’t particularly fond of, but only because they took her away from Tzuyu even if it was only for a few days. “Babe I’m home!” she exclaimed, hoping to grab the younger girl’s attention. Sana received no response and began to wonder if the girl had left to do something, “Tzuyu?” she spoke again.

“Minjoong!” Tzuyu exclaimed quietly, her legs moving quickly and quietly as she chased after the dog. She had completely forgotten that her girlfriend was coming back today so she didn’t think to leave the dog with one of their friends for the time being. The small dog seemed to have no intention of stopping, causing Tzuyu to sigh in frustration. The dog was beginning to pick up speed and to make things worse was now running in the direction of the hallway. Her eyes widened immediately, she was definitely going to get caught.

The younger girl moved faster now and just before Minjoong could run towards the girl, Tzuyu grabbed the dog gently and lifted him up to stop him from running any further. “I told you to stay in the bedroom,” she said softly with a pout on her face as she caressed the top of Minjoong’s head. She could stay angry especially how cute he looked. “So…we have a dog now?” Sana asked in confusion, eyes flickering quickly between the two.

Tzuyu looked up, eyes widening, she quickly glanced back towards the dog before looking back at her girlfriend. Her lips formed into a guilty smile as a nervous laugh escaped her lips, she was unsure of how the older girl was going to react. “I…was at the dog shelter and he was looking at me with his cute face and I just had to adopt him,” Tzuyu replied, she looked at Sana’s face, trying to figure out what she was thinking.

“I was going to tell you but I was unsure of how you were going to react,” she continued before turning to face Minjoong, lips forming into a smile as she gently the top of his head. Even if she tried to, Sana couldn’t bring herself to be angry with the younger girl. The older girl turned to face the dog with a smile on her face, caressing his head gently before speaking. “I’m not angry, I just wish you that you would’ve messaged me,” she said as she looked up at the taller girl.

“I know, I’m sorry. Next time I’ll message you,” Tzuyu responded with a smile on her face before she leaned forward, planting a kiss on the older girl’s lips. “It’s good to have you back, I missed you a lot,” she continued. Sana’s cheeks’ darkened slightly and she leaned in, capturing the younger girl’s lips with her own. The kiss lasted for a few seconds before Tzuyu pulled away. “Why don’t you go and unpack, I’ll go and make you something to eat,” she was blushing softly and avoided eye contact with the older girl as she walked away with Minjoong in her arms.

-

Sana’s lips formed into a pout, her gaze was on the younger girl who was currently playing with their new resident. “I get that the dog’s cute, but what about me?” she muttered to herself before placing a spoonful of cereal into . “I’m cute too, I need attention too,” Sana continued to watch Tzuyu; she couldn’t help but feel jealous at the sight. She had returned a few days ago but her girlfriend hadn’t given her any attention, choosing to focus on the dog instead of her. Once she was finished, Sana moved to place the bowl in the sink before deciding to make herself a cup of tea.

The sound of the kettle boiling caught Tzuyu’s attention and she looked up momentarily to see what her girlfriend was doing. She smirked slightly at the sight of her girlfriend grapping the teapot; Tzuyu knew that her girlfriend only drank tea when she was bothered about something. She put Minjoong down, caressing the top of his head one last time before standing up and making her way towards the older girl.

Sana jumped in surprise when she felt a pair of arms snake around her waist; she had been so lost in her thoughts that she hadn’t noticed the younger girl. “Unnie…what’s wrong?” Tzuyu’s voice was soft, she knew the girl well enough to know what was bothering her but she still wanted to hear her say it. “There’s nothing wrong, why would there be something wrong?” Sana replied. Tzuyu smiled as she watched the older girl quickly make her cup of tea.

“I know that you only make tea when you’re bothered about something,” the younger girl’s voice was quiet as she spoke into her girlfriend’s ear. Sana blushed softly; she didn’t think that the younger girl could cause her jealousy to wash away so easily. She didn’t want Tzuyu to win this silent battle, “I don’t so that,” Sana replied, however her tone didn’t sound as convincing as she wanted it to be.

“If there’s nothing bothering you then I’ll just go back to playing with Minjoong,” Tzuyu said, removing her arms from around the older girl’s waist and slowly making her way towards their dog. “There is something bothering me,” Sana’s voice was quiet; she didn’t want to admit that she was jealous. The younger girl turned around so that she was face to face with the older girl, “What’s bothering you?” she asked.

A quiet sigh escaped Sana’s lips, “I got back a few days ago but you’ve only been focused on Minjoong,” Sana’s voice was quiet as she looked away, avoiding eye contact with the younger girl. She didn’t want to see the smirk on Tzuyu’s face; it would only make her more embarrassed than she already is. “You’re adorable when you’re jealous,” Tzuyu walked the small distance between them and wrapped her arms around Sana’s waist.

The older girl blushed profusely and buried her face in Tzuyu’s neck to avoid the embarrassment somehow. “I can’t believe I was jealous of a dog,” Sana’s words were muffled slightly but Tzuyu could still make out what she was saying. Her word caused her to laugh softly and she moved her head away to get a better look at her girlfriend’s face, lips forming into a smile as she noticed the red tint on Sana’s cheeks.

She hadn’t intended to neglect her girlfriend but she realised that she needed to make it up to the older girl. Tzuyu quickly formed a plan in her head, trying to think of several places that they could visit. “I’ll call Jihyo unnie and see if she can look after Minjoong, so why don’t you get dressed. Today is going to be all about you,” Tzuyu planted a kiss on Sana’s forehead.

Sana’s heart raced at the younger girl’s words, excitement immediately filling her body. Her girlfriend was finally going to giver her some attention, “Really?” she said as she moved her head so that she can look up at Tzuyu.

The younger girl nodded in response, “Really, I’ll go call Jihyo unnie now, so get ready.” She unwrapped her arms from around Sana’s waist and gave her a peck on the lips before turning and heading towards the coffee table to grab her phone. The older girl couldn’t stop smiling as she looked at her girlfriend; she was finally able to have some time with her. Sana took a sip of her tea, grimacing at the taste before she threw the rest in the sink.

She made her way to Minjoong and caressed the top of his head gently, “Be a good boy when you’re with Jihyo.” She smiled before turning and planting a kiss on Tzuyu’s cheek before heading towards their bedroom to get ready.