Unwanted Attention

Stories about Satzu

Tzuyu rubbed her eyes gently, a small yawn escaping her lips. She wasn’t a heavy drinker but the stresses of work had finally gotten to her, so she headed to the nearest bar, wanting to forget everything for a while. The Taiwanese girl raised her hand to order another drink when a soft voice caught her attention. “Could you please leave me alone?” Tzuyu turned her head to face the source of the voice, momentarily forgetting that she was ordering herself a drink.

She noticed that the woman a few seats away was having an exchange with a man who seemed to have had too much to drink. “What would you like?” Tzuyu hadn’t realised that she had been busy watching the exchange until a low voice caught her attention, immediately whipping her head to face the bartender in front of her. “Sorry, could I have another drink please?” she smiled apologetically as she raised her empty glass, indicating that she wanted the same.

Tzuyu decided that she wasn’t going to get herself involved; she came here to drink away her stress not to become a hero. Yet she couldn’t help but continue to listen in on the conversation, as the girls rejections continued, Tzuyu began to falter and started contemplating whether she should help or inform the staff. The hand that had made its way onto the woman’s leg, in a position that any woman would find uncomfortable if they didn’t want it, cemented her choice to finally intervene.

She quickly thought of a reason to approach them and finished her drink before getting up and acting as if she was rushing over towards them. “Hey, sorry I’m late. I had a ton of work and then got stuck in traffic,” Tzuyu kept her gaze on the woman, prompting to ignore the man for the time being. A concerned look was cast over her face as she was now stood besides the woman; she somehow hoped that the woman would understand what she was planning. Tzuyu gave her a reassuring smile before turning to face the man in front, her eyes cold, as she looked the man up and down.

He seems like the type to harass woman, Tzuyu wondered to herself before turning her head to face the woman again. “Are you ok? Is this guy bothering you?” she asked the woman quietly, hoping that the man hadn’t heard them. “No, he won’t go away,” the blonde whispered softly in response so that Tzuyu could hear her. “Don’t worry I’ll help you, just follow along,” Tzuyu gave the woman another reassuring smile before taking a deep breath and turning her head to glare at the figure in front of her.

“I think you should leave now, your presence isn’t welcome,” Tzuyu placed her hand over the man’s hand and quickly removed it from where it was placed on the woman’s leg. The man in front her responded with a glare of his own and began to point his finger at Tzuyu, “Who are you?” Tzuyu’s eyes widened slightly but not enough for the man to notice. Damn, I didn’t think this through properly, Tzuyu thought to herself as she turned her head to glance at the woman quickly.

I hope I don’t regret this, “I’m her girlfriend,” Tzuyu hoped that she had spoken with enough confidence in her voice that the man hadn’t picked up on her lie. She had no backup plan, so she was screwed if this plan failed. “I don’t believe you,” the man said and the Taiwanese girl let out a small sigh of frustration, of course he wouldn’t believe me, even I probably wouldn’t believe me. “Why don’t you believe me?” Tzuyu asked, worry beginning to bubble inside of her since she had no idea what she was doing anymore.

“I haven’t seen you around at her at all,” she stops herself from rolling her eyes at the man’s words. Has he not been listening, I just said I got stuck in traffic, Tzuyu thought to herself as a sigh escaped her lips. “I got caught up in traffic” she repeated her words from earlier; she was hoping that the man would finally walk away after realising that his attempts were futile. “I still don’t believe you,” The tall girl ran her fingers through her hair in frustration.

“God this man is persistent,” Tzuyu looked away for a moment as she muttered to herself, thankful that the music in the bar had been loud enough that the man hadn’t heard her. “I’m her girlfriend and you’ve made her uncomfortable, so I think you should leave,” Tzuyu says, attempting to change the direction of the conversation so that the man would forget about not believing her plus she doesn’t want to be his presence for any longer than she needs to be. “I want you to prove it,” he says and Tzuyu just about stops herself from rolling her eyes.

The blonde sighs as she watches the exchange between the man and her saviour, and takes a deep breath considering that what she was about to may or may not cause the man to leave. The Japanese girl tugged on Tzuyu’s wrist gently in order to grab her attention and as soon as she had turned, the woman placed her hands on the tall girl’s cheeks and pressed her lips against hers. Tzuyu’s heart begins to race the moment their lips make contact, her eyes wide, as she was unsure of what she was supposed to do. Remembering that they have to keep up this façade, Tzuyu hesitantly placed her hands on the woman’s waist gently and responded to the kiss.

The woman did not think that her night would consist of her kissing a beautiful girl to ward off a man yet for some reason she couldn’t find it in her to pull away and before she realised what she was doing the blonde began to run her fingers through the girl’s hair and started to deepen the kiss. Thoughts of the man besides them were long gone from Tzuyu’s head as her hands were now wrapped around the blonde’s waist, her lips never leaving the woman’s. The both of them were so caught up that they hadn’t realised that the man had huffed in annoyance before leaving the both of them.

Tzuyu was starting to lose her breath so she pulled away first, her gaze never leaving the woman’s. “Well that was…” The blonde was breathless as she spoke, quickly looking away to avoid the girl’s face, cheeks heating up as she thought about the kiss. “That was amazing, ” Tzuyu managed to say in between breaths; her cheeks darkening as she slowly removed her hand from the woman’s waist.

The tall girl glanced besides her, “Well at least the man’s gone,” she said, hoping to break the ice and remove some of the awkwardness. “Thank you for helping me,” the blonde said as she looked up to face her saviour with a smile on her face. Tzuyu looked back at the woman, “It’s no problem, he was bothering you so I wanted to help,” she replied with a smile of her own. The blonde blushed slightly, noticing how beautiful the girl was when she smiled. “Well I should go, I hope you enjoy the rest of your evening,” Tzuyu said, a hint of sadness evident in her voice. For some reason she hadn’t wanted to leave the woman but thought that it might be best if she goes back to where she was sitting.

“Wait, would you like to spend the rest of the evening with me?” The blonde asked, a smile on her face and a hopeful glint in her eyes. She didn’t want to miss the opportunity of getting to know the beautiful girl that saved her. “Are you sure? I don’t want to bother you any further,” Tzuyu replied with a small smile. “You wouldn’t be bothering me, I want to get to know you better. Plus you said you were my girlfriend, you shouldn’t be leaving me by myself.” the woman smiled once more. A laugh escaped Tzuyu’s lips as she made her decision.

Tzuyu's lips formed into a smile, “Let me just get my bag and I’ll be back,” the blonde nodded in response, the smile never leaving her face as she watched her saviour. Once she retrieved her bag, Tzuyu took a seat besides the woman with a small smile on her face, “My name is Tzuyu.” She smiled at the blonde and raised her hand. The smile never left the blondes face, “Sana,” she replied as she took Tzuyu’s hand and shook it. The Taiwanese girl turned to the bartender and ordered a drink before turning to face Sana and beginning a conversation that would continue into the night.