Copy or coffee?

Tell Me You Love Me Too

~ Flashback ~

 

Min Young was humming a song when she walked into her office at level 13. It had been two weeks since she got the offer of being the PA of one of the directors. Until today, she still couldn’t believe that the sudden unexpected on-the-spot interview by the principle secretary of the company at the library could land her here. For the past three and a half year, she had been working as customer service officer junior clerk in Mass Communication Department.

 

She smiled a little when she recalled the day she received the offer letter from the Human Resource Department. Her ex-boss, Mr. Seo kept himself in his room and refused to talk to her. And most of her colleagues in her office started gossiping about her applying for the post when the truth was she didn’t. The very next day her boss sent an objection letter to the directors in the hope of stopping this internal changes.

 

“Mr. Seo, I’m grateful to be your tutelage ever since I joined this company. Your guidance and support had helped me to grow into a better employee. Still, I do hope to get your nod for me to venture a new journey at the Directors’ office. I really wish to gain some new experience there.” Min Young voiced her opinion when she had the chance to talk to her boss in private.

 

Mr. Seo sighed. He knew no matter how hard he tried to stop her from going, he would never succeed. He was very sure that once Min Young had made up her mind for something, nothing would be able to stop her. And he knew he too would face failure. Nevertheless, he would try his luck.

 

“Min Young, are you sure you want to take up the offer? Don’t you think there are still many to learn from this department?”

 

Min Young nodded her head full of confidence. “Yes, I’m going to take up that offer, Mr. Seo. I’m not saying that I’d mastered everything here as I only started to adapt well. But I do wish to explore something new since I’m young.”

 

Mr. Seo nodded his head in agreement. She was right, he thought. He signed again before he said, “Min Young, I’m going to let you go. Even though I’m sad by doing so but I respect your decision. Just remember that I’ll be there whenever you need help and assistance.”

 

At last, Min Young could smile after days of being in dilemma. “Thank you so much Mr. Seo. Thank you for giving me your blessing and support. I promise I’ll help if this you need me. Just message me and I’ll try my best to assist you in every way I can.” She might no longer be the staff of Mass Communication Department, but that didn’t mean she would cut off all her relation with them.

 

“Good morning, you look nice today in this dress.”

 

Min Young who was still reminiscing her memories at her previous department sprang her head up when she heard her boss, the special advisor to the director’s voice.

 

Park Seo Joon laughed a little seeing how Min Young reacted to his greeting. “I’m sorry for startling you. But I’m sincere when I say you look nice today in your dress.” He apologized before reassuring her of his praise.

 

Min Young could feel her cheek turned hot being praised by her boss. Still she managed to say, “Thank you Mr. Park. And a very good morning to you.”

 

Before he walked into his room, he turned around and informed Min Young that someone is coming to meet him up at eleven. “He is our new Assistant Manager for Human Resource Department. He just flew over from our Hong Kong as previously he was stationed there.”

 

“Noted, Mr. Park.” Quickly Min Young key-in the appointment in his schedule in Google calendar before she went back to prepare memo to be sent to the respective department for further action regarding the complaints and praises for their company as well as application for work in their company.

 

Time passed without Min Young knowing and by the time she heard a knock on the door, she found a tall and handsome guy standing right in front of her glass door.

 

“Good morning, how may I assist you?” Min Young greeted him.

 

“Good morning, I’m Jackson Wang from Hong Kong and I’ve an appointment with Mr. Park at eleven.”

 

When she heard the word Hong Kong slipped out from his mouth, Min Young knew he was the guy. Still, she invited him to have a seat while she went to inform Seo Joon about his arrival.

 

“Mr. Park, Mr. Jackson Wang has arrived. Do you want to see him now?”

 

Seo Joon who was busy with his email looked up and thought about it before he said, “Give me five minutes. Then you can bring him in.”

 

“Alright, Mr.Park.”

 

Once five minutes had passed, Min Young led Jackson to Seo Joon’s room.

 

“Hey bro, how are you doing? It has been a long time since we last met up with each other.” Seo Joon grabbed Jackson’s hand and gave him a brotherly hug when they met up.

 

“Yea, it had been some time. I’m doing great, how about you?”

 

Min Young left the two of them in the room and went back to her desk. Seeing how the two reacted to each other, she assumed that they had known each other for some time. A beep on her phone distracted her attention. It was a message from her friend, Yoona from the Engineering Department.

 

‘Come to my place now as I had something for you.’

 

Once Min Young had Tiffany cover her place, she went straight to level nine to find Yoona.

 

“Ta-da, your favorite Tiramisu. I made it while I baked some macaroons for my nieces who celebrated her birthday yesterday.” Yoona said while opening the cover of the container showing the cake inside. Min Young could hear her little band in her stomach marching so loud when she saw it.

 

“Thank you, Yoona. But didn’t you find it troublesome when you are busy preparing macaroons?”

 

Yoona smiled. “Not at all, since I love to bake. After all, I’m paying my debts for your help in preparing for my wedding with Seung Gi.” The cake was just too insignificant compared to the way Min Young helped her planning from the first day to the day she said I do. Min Young did much more than what she deserved now.

 

Min Young took the cake back to her desk after thanking Yoona for her effort in making them for her. When she was almost there, she could see Tiffany looking at her with a worried expression.

 

“What happened?” she asked Tiffany.

 

“I thought I heard him asking for a cup of coffee but I’m not sure I heard it correctly.”

 

Min Young peeked at her watch before she turned her attention back to Tiffany. “It’s okay. I’ll settle it myself. Anyway, thank you so much for your help.”

 

Once Tiffany had left, Min Young went straight to the pantry and made a cup of coffee for Seo Joon. Carefully she made her way into his room. The moment she placed the cup of coffee on the table, she could sense that two pair of eyes observing her every moves. Did she make something wrong? She wondered.

 

Seo Joon who could no longer hide his feelings, burst into laughter. “Min Young, I said please come in and help me in preparing a copy of this letter. I didn’t mean to have another cup of coffee.”

 

At that very moment, Min Young could feel her face turned red, as red as a ripe tomato. How she wished there was a place to hide. She was too embarrassed to make this mistake. She should have re-confirmed with him beforehand. She could only blame herself for making such silly mistake.

 

“It’s okay. I’ll finish it. Can you please help me to get a copy of this?” Seo Joon handed a letter to her as he knew she was feeling uncomfortable.

 

Min Young could only feel like giving herself a good slap at her face for being the clown in front of her boss and his guest. She signed as she knew she couldn’t turn the clock back to change the past. All she could is to act as if nothing had happened and continue with her work.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ahnyoung guys…

The reason I put the title as ‘copy or coffee’ is because here in Malaysia, the word coffee in Malay is ‘kopi’ and it sounds very much like copy…and yes, this chapter is written based on my own experience as PA…and my boss did laugh at me when he saw me bringing in a cup of coffee when he is asking me to make a copy…LOL…^^

So, may I know what do you guys think about this chapter? Just feel free to leave me a comment… I won’t bite as I love to communicate with you…

Subscribe or upvotes are very much welcome…

And lastly…have a great day ^^

~Love, 9394DOKAI~