Mystery

Tell Me You Love Me Too

~ Flashback ~

 

Though her eyes were on the screen, but her mind had been wondering elsewhere. There was this particular dream that kept appearing in her mind, haunting her and scaring the out of her.

It was one of the winter nights. How did she know that? Well, there was piled up snow by the roadside.  But she didn’t know where it was actually. Definitely not any part of Korea, she was sure because it felt unfamiliar.

There was this family, chatting happily while walking out of a restaurant after having their dinner. A man she guessed must be the man of the family, left and took the car while the rest waited on the porch.  Everything until then was normal until they heard a sudden scratching sound of tires that echoed throughout the empty street.

And the next thing that appeared in her eyes was a car, a sport car to be precise, came out of nowhere and ramped straight to the group of family.

Screams and cries filled the air.  Everyone could be seen flying and dropping everywhere as everything happened just too fast like a blink of an eye. The sport car then came to an abrupt halt after ramping into the reception area.

“Help!” cries of help was weak as everyone was in pain.

Blood soon started to taint snow, turning it from white to dark red.

Everything seemed so surreal to her as if she was there to witness the whole incident herself.

“You look so mesmerizing when you’re deep in thought, Min Young.”

Min Young jumped to her feet immediately upon hearing the whisper on her ears. “Oh my! Nam-joon, you really startled me!”

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean it.” Nam-joon moved forwards and calmed her down. “What’s in your mind that you’re so distracted?”

“It’s nothing, Nam-joon.” Min Young replied with a smile. Mentally she tried her best in shaking off the horrible and eerie scenes in her mind.

Without beating around the bushes, Nam-joon asked straight to the point, “Are you free tonight?”

Raising an eyebrow, Min Young was surprised. Is he now asking me out for a date? She wondered. At the moment, she had actually wanted to be alone and things sorted out in her mind. But then she thought, it would bring no harm for going out and chilling. And so she nodded her head for a yes.

“YES!” Nam-joon exclaimed before pumping his fists into the air. Min Young could only smile at his action.

“So, my sweetheart, I’ll be waiting for you at the lobby.” Nam-joon sent out a goodbye kiss and left the room happily humming the song ‘Boy in Luv’.

Seeing how funny Nam-joon reacted made her smile. Though she still had an uneasy feeling about the dream, which happened to haunt her for three consecutive days, she had nevertheless needed to thank Nam-joon for keeping her sanity intact even for just a second.

Time passed by without Min Young noticing while she was all focused on her job. Sitting in his room observing how meticulous and efficient she was delivering the results to him, Seo Joon felt a sense of relieved that he indeed picked the right person for the spot which many had claimed ‘hotspot’ since no one could stay longer than three months because of his temper or whatsoever. Now he could proudly show off to others than it was after all he was not the problem at all to all his previous PAs.

“Mr. Park, is there anything else you need me to settle before I call it a day?” Min Young’s questions knocked Seo Joon back from his wonderland.

He cleared his throat and acted cool before went on to check on his emails. After a few seconds of strolling, he smiled at her and said, “Well, I guess that’s nothing else you need to do.”

Nodding her head as acknowledgement, Min Young asked permission to go off earlier than him, “Mr. Park, may I make a move first?”

Raising an eyebrow, Seo Joon , “Are you going out on a date?”

Seo Joon’s correct guess on her intention made her blushed like a red tomato. “It’s not a date, Mr. Park, we’re just friends.”

“Friends?” Seo Joon kept on pestering her, making her feel shy, “I bet friends won’t make you blush, right?”

At a moment, Min Young was speechless. Her mind was blank and she couldn’t figure out how to explain to her boss. “Seo Joon, it’s not like what you think we’re.” And that she got so nervous, she forgot her manners and called him out by his name. She realized it soon and lowered her head in embarrassment. She had promised to only address his name after working hours and they should maintain their professional manners at work. “I’m sorry.”

Laughing at her response, Seo Joon waved his hand, “Have a good night out. Goodbye and see you tomorrow.”

Bowing at 90 degree, Min Young thanked him and packed her things ready. While she was on her way to the elevator, her heart felt a sense of uneasiness as if something was about to befall on her. But then again, she consoled herself for not being superstitious. “Calm down, Min Young. It’s just a dream.” she tried her best in calming herself down.

When the ‘ting’ sound rang to indicate that Min Young had reached the desired floor, something strange happened. The door didn’t open though the label ‘L’ which stands for Lobby was shown on the indicator. Min Young looked up to double confirm that her eyes are not failing her before checking back on the buttons, the yellow light was gone. And that meant she had indeed reached the floor but then why the door didn’t open?

Oh god, why did I use the elevator when most of the time staircase is always my option? Min Young blamed no one but only herself for making the wrong choice. Though she got panicked since it was the first time it happened to her, she did managed to compose her emotions.

“Let try again.” She encouraged herself and started pressing the ‘Open’ button.

One second passed, nothing happened.

Pressed the ‘L’ button, nothing happened.

Tried out another level perhaps!

She then pressed the basement ‘B’ button. And out of sudden, the elevator shook and dropped a little.

“Oh my god, please don’t tell me I’m going to die because of a freefall?” Min Young whispered out in horror.

But to her surprise, the door opened. For Min Young, it was as if seeing the daylight out of the dark. Without a second thought, she rushed out of the elevator and had a quick scan with her eyes for Nam-joon.

“Over here, Min Young.” Nam-joon waved caught her attention and immediately she run towards him.

“I’m so sorry for having you waiting for me.” Min Young apologized and made a 90 degree bow.

Nam-joon who had been wearing that idiotic smile on his face all day grabbed her hand and led her to his car. “Let’s go!” Min Young who was being dragged wanted to protest but then she gave up after seeing how excited Nam-joon was. After all, it was the first time she agreed to go on a date with him, just the two of them, not family gathering which she always attend.

“We’re going to have French menu for the night.” Nam-joon quipped while guiding Min Young to Un Deux Trois in Itaewon-dong, Yangsan-gu. He stopped by the counter and informed his booking reference before the attendant. Soon they were led to a table reserved for them.

Though she might not be a picky eater, but she had to say the dishes and menu served were all too delicious and appetizing. In the end, it seemed to be Min Young got too indulged in her meal that Nam-joon had to offer her his share, which made her embarrassed.

“I’m so sorry Nam-joon. I just couldn’t stop myself from stuffing in all these food. They are too yummy!” exclaimed Min Young with full of food. Nam-joon who enjoyed watching her eating chuckled. He told her, “Carry on, I’m not judging.”

Well, mom always says, stop eating before you’re full, or you may have indigestion. Min Young couldn’t agree more to that saying because the minute she stepped out of the restaurant, she felt her stomach to bulky and uncomfortable.

“Nam-joon, it looks like I need a trip to the washroom as I’m having an upset stomach right now.” She excused herself. Nam-joon who looked worried because of her condition nodded her head and waited patiently for her. He prayed hard it was not because of food poisoning as that would really spoil everything he had planned.

Walking out of the washroom weakly as she had been rounds in there, Min Young tried her best in putting up a smile as she didn’t want to disappoint Nam-joon for his efforts. “Let’s go. Where is our next destination?” she asked cheekily.

Taking over the handbag from her shoulder, he helped to carry it to lighten the burden on her. “It’s movie time! I know that you don’t like those movies in the market, and so I prepared something else for you. I guess you will like it.”

Talking about movie, honestly Min Young would never pay attention to it if it is not Jackie Chan’s. She remembered she spent her childhood watching all his action movies, days and nights, again and again without feeling bored. Stealing glances at Nam-joon, she wondered what it would be in his mind.

Since Min Young was not feeling well, Nam-joon had her wait for him to take the car over. Min Young didn’t protest and waited by the sidewalk, not far from the restaurant. Itaewon has one of the most magnificent night views in Korea and Min Young found that her night was well spent.

While her attention was on the scenery surrounding her, she didn’t notice a car was heading towards her direction, in full speed.

“Oh my god, lady over there, run!” someone shouted from across startled her to jump on her feet. By the time her mind had piece the two together, her legs went weak and she couldn’t help but stared in horror at the car.

Wait! It was a yellow sport car that I saw in the dream! Oh my, this couldn’t be!

“Min Young!”

With a forceful pull, Min Young dropped to the ground. For a few seconds, she dared not open her eyes as she was afraid that she was indeed got hit by the car. But then when she heard the heartbeat and puffing, she raised her head, “Nam-joon?”

Sound of glass shattering and screams of people soon filled the air making the whole scene chaotic.

Looking pitifully at her, Nam-joon on one hand was furious that the girl he loved almost got hurt. And then on the other hand, he wondered why she didn’t run away when she had the chance. Whenever he reminded the past few seconds, everything was a close call. If he didn’t pull her away in time, she would be crashed to her death. That would be the last thing he wished to happen!

“Are you okay? Did you get hurt anywhere?” he asked worriedly.

Shaking her head, she looked around before mumbled out, “I’m fine.” But seriously was she? Her heart was still beating like a drum and she was feeling nauseate. She needed time to calm the poor heart of hers.

“Come,” Nam-joon offered his hand to help her up. Slowly with the support of him, Min Young was able to stand on her feet. “Thanks.”

“Let’s go home now.” Noticing how shaken Min Young was because of the incident, Nam-joon canceled off the plan as he knew there will always be another night out and for now, first thing first, let the poor girl had a good rest. Min Young who was leaning on him for support, nodded her head and agreed.

Sitting down on her bed after a hot water bath, Min Young flashed back the scene that almost got her killed. Everything seemed so similar to her dream and that scared her. Touching on the unknown scar on her head, which she had been hiding from all, a drop of tear fell from her eye.

What had actually happened? She wondered. Why would she dream about those horrible scenes? Why was there a scar on her head? What were the secret everyone trying to hide from her? Question after question kept popping up into her mind which she had no answer for either of them.

Her life wasn’t the same anymore after the dinner with the Wangs. Mr. Wang’s statements add together with the dreams she had as well as the incident just now frightened her. Could it be that she had actually met an accident that caused her memories? She wasn’t sure as everything is a mystery to her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Annyounghaseyo!!!

To all my precious subbies, each and every one of you, I’m here to bow to you and say I’M SO SORRY for not updating this!!!

But then hey, I’m BACK (for a moment >.<”) and here’s your long waited updated ^_^

Well, this story is still way behind from its and hopefully I can update it A.S.A.P for you guys (keeping my fingers crossed, I can’t promise)

Anyway, I do hope you like this update and do feel free to drop me a line if you can

Subscribe or upvote? The choice is yours.

Till the nest update, have a great day guys!!!

~Love, 9394DOKAI~