Marriage Proposal

Tell Me You Love Me Too

~Flashback~

 

“What do you mean by marrying Jackson Wang?”

Min Young shouted across the room. Oh god! What on earth is going on? She wondered. Looking straight into her mother’s eyes, she hoped and prayed that it was all a lie. She didn’t dream of hearing such ‘good’ news the moment she got out from her bed. That was the biggest job she ever heard!

Laughing out loud at her daughter’s reaction, Mrs. Han walked closer to her and took up her hands, “You hear me right, my dear. You’re going to get married by the end of this month. Your future in-laws have everything prepared for you. All you have to do is just say, Yes, I Do, as simple as that.”

Staring at her mother with her jaws dropped link the encore to the bottom of the ocean, Min Young felt as if a fly had gotten its chance to have a tour in before she gulped down hard and blinked, “You must be kidding me.” With that, she walked away and grabbed her clothes before dashing into the washroom.

Standing under the pouring cold water of the shower, Min Young tried her best in brushing off of what she had heard earlier and reassured herself that everything was nothing but just a joke. Wash up Min Young, once you step out of here, everything will be fine again. Min Young repeated those words in her mind to calm herself down.

By the time she stepped into the kitchen, she was very surprised to see bags of gifts on the dining table as well as on the floor. “Mother, what are these and where did you get them from?” Min Young asked with her finger pointing at the unexpected gift sets with a raised eyebrow.

Still wearing her widest smile on her face to which Min Young felt as if her mother’s lips are going to tear apart in no time, Mrs. Han replied, “They are all your wedding gifts from your future in-laws! Look at this ginseng, and this porcelain sets, they are indeed a treasure!” Seeing how excited and happy her mother was in telling her every single piece of gift, Min Young could only roll her eye in annoyance.

With a heavy sigh, Min Young voiced out, “Mother, I didn’t say yes for this marriage.” And that made her mother shut up in an instance. Nah, she wasn’t mean to be rude, but marriage isn’t something that can be decided in a rush. Add to the fact that she didn’t even know her future husband or in-laws. Okay, she would admit that Jackson was one of her bosses in the company that she got the chance to interact with, just a little. But her in-laws, she could count the times they had encountered and met. This marriage just sounded ridiculous to her.

“Be it a yes or nay, your decision in this matter is not counted as I’ve already accepted their proposal for your hand in marriage.” Mrs. Han said in her stoic expression as she spat the hard truth on Min Young’s face. “Now all you have to is walk down the aisle with Jackson, full stop. Don’t you dare to disobey my order nor you dare to try to be funny as you know I’ll show you what I’m capable of in punishing you being a bad girl.”

“Just listen to mother and be a good girl, can’t you?”

Just as Min Young was about to protest, her brother, Min Hyuk chipped in from behind. Turning around to come face to face with him, Min Young asked, “What are you doing here? Aren’t you supposed to be in Russia, flirting around with some blonds and brunettes?”

Frowning at her question, Min Hyuk asked with a pout, “Aren’t you happy that your older brother is back? You see I was in the midst of securing my deal with one of the client when our mother gave me a call, urging me to come back to witness my little precious sister’s wedding. So, here I am, my lovely sister?” He was about to pinch her cheek when she turned away. “You’re still mad at your brother, are you?”

Min Young could only take in a deep breath after a deep breath in order to cool herself down from smashing hard on her brother’s idiotic face. She knew her brother had been lying all these while about his so-called business trip to Russia in search of a potential client for his automobile company. She was following his Facebook and through his update and posts, she knew he was simply enjoying his time there with the compensation money of their mother! And her mother who knew it all these while allowed it to happen!

“Who am I to be mad at you, my brother? Why should I be mad at you when I got dropped out of university because of my precious brother who gambled all my scholarship away with a blink of an eye? Shouldn’t I be proud of having such a great family that trained me to be independent by working few part-time jobs to pay off my debt?” Min Young answered with her gritted teeth.

Though Mrs. Han sensed Min Young was being sarcastic, she chose to ignore it and grabbed hold of her son, “Come, let me cook you some ginseng porridge. You must be tired from the trip.” With that, the marriage topic was left hanging. Since her mother had taken over the kitchen and that Min Young had no mood in preparing her lunch box, she left the house soon after grabbing a glass of orange juice.

She was deep in thought throughout her way to work. Her mind couldn’t stop thinking about the marriage proposal announcement. Was that considered a proposal? She wasn’t sure as it sounded more like an order. What should I do? Should I run away or get myself married?

“Ouch!”

Min Young was swept back to reality when someone winched in pain. She looked up to see a lady with heavy make-up, glaring deadly at her. “Didn’t you walk with your eyes opened?”

“I’m sorry.” Min Young bowed down 90 degrees and muttered her apology. Mentally she scolded herself for being so careless that caused her such trouble.

“I’m sorry? Do you think a simple sorry will solve this? If everything can be solved with a simple word – sorry, then why on earth do we need the cops and the judiciary?” That lady lashed out at her as if she just killed her favorite kitty.

Min Young blinked hard at her. For an instant, she thought that phrase was familiar. Upon cracking her poor messy brain, she knew the answer. It was a line by our famous Flower Boy – Gu Jun Pyo’s line in Boys Over Flower. Realizing this made her chuckled.

“What was that sounded so funny to you, huh?”

Min Young batted her eyelids wide and raised her head to the lady, now with her hands crossed in front of her chest. “It’s nothing. I’m sorry once again for hurting you.” She muttered so low that it sounded like a mouse.

“Hey, aren’t you guys coming in?”

Both Min Young and the lady turned around to see Seokjin standing inside the lift, frowning at their pose outside.

“I’m coming.” Min Young called out and took it as an opportunity to escape. But she was wrong, the lady followed suit from behind and entered. “I’m in as well.” God damn it!

“Good morning pretty.” Seokjin held out a cup of coffee in front of Min Young and gestured her to take it. “Here is your morning dose of Kickstarter.”

Looking back and forth between Seokjin and the cup of coffee, Min Young was puzzled and hesitated in taking it. Just then, Seokjin took her hand and placed the cup for her to hold. “Don’t need to thank me as you know it’s always my pleasure in delighting the beautiful lady early in the morning.”

Blinking her eyelids to make sure that she wasn’t dreaming, Min Young felt a sense of suffocating as she just remembered that she had been holding her breath all these while. Immediately she released her breath and gasped for air. “Thank you, Mr. Kim.” once again, she wished to knock herself into senses as she sounded just like a mouse, again. So strange!

“Are you okay? You do look pale.” Seokjin asked with concern as he could see that the girl next to him was fanning herself. But then, the concern on his face vanished upon seeing her blushing like a red cherry. “Are you shy?” This time, he teased.

Looking away to avoid his stare, Min Young shook her head in denial, “I’m not.”

“Oh my god, I didn’t know that you guys love PDA so much that made me feel nauseate.”

The already embarrass dense atmosphere turned sour when the lady opened to speak.

“I could sense that someone is sulky because her man is not here to pamper her with kisses.” Seokjin shot back without covering his line.

“You …” The lady with her eyes widens like the goldfish stared straight at Seokjin as if she wants to swallow him alive.

Just then the ‘ding’ sound resonated in their ears, indicating that they had reached their destinated level. Min Young and Seokjin stepped out of the lift, leaving the angry granny behind. No one spoke during the walk in the long hallway to their respective office. It was a quiet and comfortable walk for the both of them.

“Happy working, Min Young.” Seokjin smiled at her while dropping her at her office.

Nodding her head, Min Young whispered out, “You too, Mr. Kim. May you have a great day ahead!” Watching Seokjin walked away whistling sent a sense of peace to her heart, it feels so nice with him around. Oh my holy baby, what am I thinking right now? I must be a geek to be reacting so. Aah!

Min Young shook those silly thoughts away and went straight to start her day. As she knew her boss, Seo            Joon would be late to enter the office as he was scheduled to meet with their chairman in his house, because that poor old man just got discharged from the hospital after having some minor heart attacks during his trip to Paris fortnight ago.

“Min Young, we need to talk.”

Min Young fell from her seat when Jackson called out to her. She looked at him, bewildered at a moment. Okay, for a second she was mad at him being so rude for entering without knocking on the door. But on the other hand, she felt uneasy to meet him, in private after what had happened earlier in the house. Still, she had no choice as she sensed the dark aura surrounding him. I guess we are going to talk about that!       

No one spoke until they reached the rooftop. Once the door was closed behind her, he turned to her, with anger filled his eyes, glared at her as she had committed a deadly sin.

“How much do you want from me?” He asked, without beating around the bushes.

“Huh?”’

Scoffing at her reaction, Jackson closed up the distance between them till she was pinned with her back on the door. “Don’t try to act in front of me. I’m not my mother who will shed tears on your cry wolf stories. Just give me the amount and get lost!”

Staring at him like a timid cat, Min Young gulped hard. “I don’t know what do you mean. Please stay away, I’m feeling not comfortable.” she pleased.

Suddenly he grabbed her arm, so hard that made her whined in pain. “Oh my, Jackson, you’re hurting me. Please let me go,” she begged in desperation. She started to struggle free from him, but the more she tried, the harder he pinned on her till she felt that his nail had poked into her skin.

“Just ing tell me how much you want from me and I’ll get you the cheque ready in no time. Stop behaving as if you’re the victim. Do you think I’ll let this go and have you walk down the aisle with you? Don’t you dare to dream about it, Han Min Young!”

Min Young froze in her place. She didn’t struggle but looked into his eyes. There she saw hatred and disgust. He must be hated her. Yea, who wouldn’t react so when you’re forced to marry someone you don’t like or love at all. She didn’t like the idea as well.

“Please let me go, Jackson. I guess there is some misunderstanding between the two of us. I didn’t intend to marry you nor I’m in love with your money. I was told about the marriage proposal from your parents only this morning. I dislike it as much as you do. Please let me go, you’re seriously hurting me.”

Jackson held on her, for one moment, no one spoke, just let the natural breeze sweep them off the awkwardness that started to envelop them. Slowly he released her and took a step back. “Just one last warning for you, ask your amount now and leave plus not showing up in the wedding hall. You won’t get a second chance. If you do appear on that day, you’re going to get the out of me!” With that, he left.

Min Young who had been trying to put up a brave front slumbered down to her knee. Oh God, please help me out of this horrible mess!

 

 

                                      

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N:

So, annyoung to my lovely subbies! I'm so sorry for the late update (or no update) for such a long time. I'm sorry *bow* *bow*

Here you go, after my last update on April 4th, this chapter is for you guys.

Honestly, I love this story very much as always because I put myself in her shoes, that means I'll never abandon this for heaven sake. So, please don't be worried ya.

All said I do hope you love this pace so far as you know, the peak has yet to come. This story has a long way to go.

Subscribe/ Upvote, the choice is yours.

Till my next update, may you be blessed and have a great day ahead!

Love,

~9394DOKAI~