Accident

Tell Me You Love Me Too

~ Flashback ~

 

If only she had listened to her mother’s advice this morning for driving to work instead of using the public transport, she would have reached the airport on time and needn’t rush like now. Well, she could only have herself to blame when she made her way to the lounge searching for the director. Once she spotted his little bald head around the corner, she ran towards his direction.

 

“I’m so sorry, Mr. Jung, for being late. I’m sorry.” Min Young apologized as soon as she found herself in front of him before she handed out a package to him. “Here’re the documents that you needed for the Hong Kong AGM.”

 

Putting his phone down on the table, Mr. Jung looked up at her and had a quick scan on her from top to bottom. “Are you a new staff?”

 

Min Young shook her head. “I’m not, Mr. Jung. I’ve been working with the company for the past three and a half year.”

 

“It’s strange then for I have not seen you before.”

 

Scratching her un-itchy head, she added shyly, “I guess it’s because I just got the offer to be stationed at the Directors’ office.”

 

Nodding his head as if he had finally understood the whole situation, he then picked up his phone and continued to check on his emails and updates on his social media. He needed to keep everything in check as he was going to put his phone in airplane mode for the next three and half hours.

 

Min Young then proceeded to have a seat not far from him. Her boss had told her to wait till Mr. Jung boarded the plane before she leaves. Checking on the time on her watch, she figured out that in about thirty minutes, the gate would open for them. She looked around as she had nothing to do in order to let time passed.

 

“Do have a safe journey, Mr. Jung.” Min Young bowed to him when he made his way to the entrance. Once he was out of sight, she made her move back to her office. Just then her phone beeped. It was from an unknown number. Though feeling suspicious about it, she decided to take up the call anyway.

 

“Hello, Min Young speaking, how may I assist you?”

 

“Ms. Han Min Young, I’m calling from Seoul National Hospital. I’m here to inform you that your mother had been admitted into our hospital as she had met with an accident. Would you please come over and assist us in the registration procedures?”

 

Min Young’s heart sank as she heard the word hospital. Her mind went blank for a moment before she told him that she would be there in another twenty minutes. Putting her phone back into her handbag, she had another reason to curse herself for not listening to her mother this morning. If she had brought along the car, she would be able to speed her way to the hospital with a blink of an eye. Now that she needed to depend on the bus, she could only sigh in regret.

 

Just as she was about to exit the airport, she didn’t a man coming from the opposite direction heading to the exit as well. And the man too seems to be too engrossed in his conversation that the two of them bumped hard into each other. Both of them dropped on the floor before letting out a groan as their head hurt.

 

“Oh god, my head!” both of them rubbed their head before looking up at each other. For a second, no one spoke. The world seemed to be stopped spinning when their eyes met. Their surrounding too seemed to be lack of oxygen. Their heart skipped a beat after surveying the guy and girl in front of them.

 

Clearing , Min Young made the first move by apologizing to him. “I’m sorry.” She then went over to collect his broken phone dropped not far from where they were.

 

Patting his pants, he bowed to her saying, “I’m sorry too.” When Min Young handed over his phone, he thanked her. “Thank you.” But when he saw the screen had cracked and it couldn’t start, he knew it was time to replace it with a new one.

 

Seeing he sighed when the phone didn’t light up after many attempts, she knew it was way beyond repair. “I’m sorry for breaking your phone. I’m in a hurry and that was why I didn’t notice you coming. I’m so sorry.”

 

“It’s not all your fault. I’m too engrossed on the phone that I didn’t see you too. I’ll say, it’s just an accident. No worry though, this phone has been giving me problem for the past one month, and now that it is broken, all I need is just buy another new one. Please don’t blame yourself.”

 

After exchanging apologies and bows, both of them parted way. Min Young stopped a taxi instead a bus as she knew it would be faster for her to reach the hospital. While on the other hand, the guy waited at the lounge for his buddy to pick him up.

 

 

 

#                                         #                                         #

 

 

 

Min Young rushed to the registration counter the moment she arrived at the hospital. Eagerly looking for the patient named Jung Yeon-mi. When she was told that her mother was still in the operating room, she rushed there after finished the registration processes and paid the deposit.

 

From afar, she could see a pair of couple sitting right in front of the operation room’s door. And what caught her attention was the familiar figure standing next to them. And her guess was proven correct when he turned as she walked towards them. It was no other than the new Assistant Manager of the Human Resources Department.

 

Just as she stopped in front of the door, the red light was turned off. Then a doctor followed by his team came out and greeted them. Her mother was then rolled out from the room to the ward. Min young rushed to doctor and asked about her mother’s condition.

 

“No worry though, Ms. Han. We’ve successfully removed the blood clot in her brain. So, other than her broken left leg, she could be discharged in a day or two after close monitoring.”

 

Thanking the doctor for his effort of saving her mother from danger, Min Young bowed to them when the doctor asked to be excused as he still needed to attend other patients at the emergency department. “Thank you so much, Dr. Oh.”

 

Just when she was about to follow them to her mother’s ward, the couple stood up and blocked her way. Feeling puzzled, Min Young politely asked to be excused. “I’m sorry, aunty and uncle. Both of you are blocking my way to get my mother. Could you please excuse me?”

 

The couple just stood there and refused to make way for her. The lady came forward and held Min Young’s hands. “Would you please forgive us? We’re truly sorry for what we did to your mother.”

 

Hearing what she told her made Min Young even confused. Shaking her head, she said calmly, “It’s okay. I heard it was an accident. So, please don’t blame yourself. And now that she is out of danger, she would be alright tin no time.”

 

 Then the man bowed to her. It made Min Young jumped in shock and Jackson was not exempted as well. His eyes showed it all.

 

“Ms. Han, we’ll take care of all the bills. We didn’t wish this unfortunate thing to happen but since it had happened, we’ll take up full responsibility. I’ll always keep my word.”

 

Shaking her head, Min Young went forward to stop him from lowering himself to her. “It’s okay, Mr. Wang.” Though Jackson had not formally introduced them, she knew he must be his father. “Please don’t put all the blame on yourself. It was an accident. So, please don’t apologize and feel bad. Now that my mother is out of danger, she would be alright in no time. Please don’t worry, okay?”

 

Mrs. Wang’s tears had covered her face when she realized Min Young had already forgiven them without making a fuss for their action. “Thank you for forgiving us. But, we’re truly sorry for this. Would you please let us take care of the bills in order for us to get over what we had done?”

 

Though Min Young could handle the bills by eating ramen for the next two months, she knew the only way for them to feel better is to take up their offer. “If by paying the bills will make both of you feel better, please do and please stop feeling sorry for what had happened. Nothing could change the past. So, just let bygone be bygone. Would you?”

 

Both Jackson’s parent smiled hearing what she said. “We’re glad that you could forgive us. Your mother should be very proud of you for being such a kind-hearted person.”

 

Min Young could only blush hearing their praise. She bowed to them before she walked to her mother’s ward. After a few steps, she stopped and turned around, “Mr. Jackson, could you please excuse me for today? I don’t think I’m able to perform since my attention is here.” since Mr. Seo, her boss had went to have his holiday in Bali, she had no choice but to report to Jackson for the next five days.

 

Jackson just nodded his head. Min Young smiled and thanked him before she left.

 

“My son, are you guys working in the same company?” Mrs. Wang asked as she was curious to know.

 

Avoiding her question as he knew what was on her mind, “Let’s go home now. Both of you too are tired.” He knew they were exhausted. Met up with an accident when they just landed themselves in the land called Korea Republic, it was totally unthinkable.

 

Peeping on the rear mirror to check out on his parents, Jackson could only admire them as they communicate in silence. His father was caressing his mother’s hands as if telling her that he is there for her. And their eyes seemed to have their conversation all by themselves. He wondered in his heart whether he would be that lucky to have a wonderful wife like his mother.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ahnyoung guys…^^

Okay, after much typing and deleting, here is how I want Min Young and Jin to meet up…

So, may I know what do you think about this chapter?

Please feel free to leave me a comment as I love to communicate to you guys, I promise and I swear I won’t bite because your comment is really important for me to improve…

Subscribe or upvote, it’s up to you and very much welcome…

And lastly, have a great day…^^

~Love, 9394DOKAI~