Part 4

Imperceptive
Please log in to read the full chapter

Part 4,

-Three month's later-

(Together 1 year and a month)

"Hello Mari, how's it been?" Dr. Lee my therapist asks when I'm situated in my usual seat.

"I've been good." I answer.

"How's the married life going?" He asks with a chuckle. "Has it been treating you well?"

I felt my cheeks heat up at his question.

"It's been treating me really well." I send him a smile.

"That's good. What about your sight? Have there been any mornings you've woken up with blotches?" He asks.

"No." I sigh.

I heard him flipping a few pages of paper around. "Hmm, you know I think it may finally be the time to talk about the accident."

"Why now?" I ask him. I'm confused. "Why not sooner? I could've had my vision back by now."

He lets out a long sigh. "Well now that you have a very happy memory to rely on you can get rid of the old ones for good now."

"Are we doing it today?" I ask.

"No, I'm thinking it'll be a long process because we're going to go through it step by step." He informs me. "I think next week will do. You can come in and be home by Sunday. It's fine if you stay here or have Hakyeon bring you in every day."

I bite my lip. This is really happening right now. "I don't want Hakyeon to know I'm getting my vision back. I want to surprise him. Plus his birthday is the day after I'd be done."

"That's fine with me. So you'll be staying here?"

"Yes. I'll have Jaerin bring me in."

"Okay, great. I'll see you then." He says. I stand and he guides me to the door. I immediately head toward the cafeteria where I knew Bomi would be.

"Mari, you're here!" Bomi squeals. "I haven't seen you since the wedding. How was the honeymoon?" She asks.

I blush once again remembering my time spent with Hakyeon. That night was the night I memorized all of his body and he memorized mine. It was one of the best nights of my life.

"It was great. Jeju was nice." I send her a smile.

"I'm glad you liked it!" She coos.

"I think I'm finally going to get my sight back." I tell her.

"What? Oh my gosh!"

"Yeah I'm going to finally talk about everything with Dr. Lee. Hopefully that will cause my vision to return." I answer.

"Are you going to tell Hakyeon?" She asks.

I shake my head no. "No, I want it to be a secret."

----

"Do you really have to go on this trip?" Hakyeon whines.

"Yes, it's only for a week." I move forward my hand reaching out to find his cheek. I then pat it softly.

"But I'll miss you!" He grabs my hand weaving his fingers through mine.

"I'll miss you too." I laugh. A short silence follows.

A knock breaks the silence.

"That must be Jaerin." I sigh. "Can you help me to the door?"

"Yes." He answers. But instead of helping me up he cups my cheeks and covers my lips with his.

After he's done he guides me to the door.

"About time." Jaerin growls. "It's hot out here!"

She grabs onto my arm and pulls me out.

"Bye!" I call out. "Love you."

"Bye." He replies. "Love you too."

----

Night two of therapy:

As I lied down after my second four hour long session I sighed. I felt like I had nothing left to worry over. In fact at this point I didn't care if my sight ever came back.

Great things have come to me because of it. Yeah I lost my father but he's still there looking down on me. Would he want be to be sulking around still? Years after the accident? No he wouldn't.

I smile to myself. I'm actually very thankful for losing my sight because it has allowed me to see things I would've never seen had I not lost my vision.

I fall asleep shortly after, but I awaken in the middle of the night because I had to pee. I sit up slowly and get up out of bed. I sleepily head towards the bathroom. I then proceed

Please log in to read the full chapter