Part 1

Imperceptive
Please log in to read the full chapter

Part 1,

"Yah, Ki Mari what do you think you're doing?" I heard my best friend Taekwoon's voice call out. My hand tightens its grip on the hand rail.

 

"Taekwoon I'm fine. I just wanted out of that room." I tell him. Turning to where I thought he was standing. I wasn't for sure because I couldn't see. All I saw was black as usual.

 

I heard him sigh and a hand grips onto my shoulder. "Next time ask me to come with you."

 

I let out a disappointed sigh. Is it wrong that I just wanted to be alone for once?

 

It had been four years since the accident. I re-learned how to walk and talk, I was fine. The only thing missing was my sight. They said it was only temporary but for some reason I don't think it's ever coming back.

 

"I'm sorry." I tell him. "I just wanted to be alone. That's all." My mom, sister, and Taekwoon were always there along with the many doctors who checked up on me. I had a special room so every week when I visited I could head straight there.

 

Truthfully this wasn't the first time I was wondering off during my appointment hours. I would always visit my friend in the cafeteria, she would always talk to me and make me feel better.

 

"Are you going to visit Bomi again?" Taekwoon chuckles.

 

"Maybe."

 

"Come on I'll take you there." He pulls on my arm. I stumble forward my hand flying out to make sure I don't run into something.

 

A few minutes later we arrive and I feel around for my usual seat.

 

"Ah, Mari you're here!" I heard Bomi's voice.

 

"Yes I was drug here." I chuckle when I hear Taekwoon sigh.

 

"Go on Taekwoon, it's my turn to hog her attention. So shoo."

 

"She has to back in a hour for therapy so contact me when she's done." I felt a rush of air flow past me.

 

"Is he gone?" I ask.

 

"Yeah he took his sweet time though."

 

I let out a loud laugh. Bomi was one that was blunt and straight to the point so she often made me laugh. She was refreshing.

 

"Did you bring your money?" She asks. I would always order some kind of dessert from her.

 

"Of course." I give her a smile.

 

"What will it be this week?" If I didn't have my sight disability I could swear I saw her grinning extra wide.

 

"Two chocolate puddings, please!" I clasp my hands together to plead to her.

 

I heard her chuckle. "As usual. You never change."

Please log in to read the full chapter