Part 3

Imperceptive
Please log in to read the full chapter

Part 3,

I woke up the next day confused. Where was I? Did I make it to the hospital or not?

"Mari, are you okay?" Jaerin says as soon as I make it noticeable that I'm awake.

"Yes." I answer. My neck feels a little stiff but other than that I'm fine. "What happened?"

"You had a bit of a relapse." My mom answers. "Did you talk about the car accident again?"

I frown, I did but I wanted to and I've felt like I could do so for a while now. Why was this still affecting me?

"Yes." I answer.

"Honey, the doctor said not to think about it unless the therapist brings it up."

"Well he never brings it up." I reply angered. "I want to be done with this mom. Why hasn't my vision returned yet?"

"I know you do honey. Your body just isn't ready yet." She sighs.

I frown even more. Where was Hakyeon? Did they make him leave? Did Jaerin tell mom? She had to have told her.

"Where's Hakyeon?" I ask.

"You mean the boy you've been sneaking around with?" Jaerin asks.

"I mean Hakyeon, my boyfriend." I scowl.

"He's outside in the hall." My mom answers.

"Please send him in." I tell them.

My mom tells Jaerin to step out first.

"How come you didn't tell us?" She asks.

I bite my lip. "I was afraid you wouldn't let me date him."

She sighs. "You're right. From now on continue to date but please include us in what's going on."

"I will." I say fighting a small smile from breaking out on my face.

"I'll send him in." She says.

"Wait mom, can you describe Hakyeon to me?" I ask my cheeks burning hot.

I had tried time and time again to picture his face by using my hands but it never worked.

"Do you really want to know that?" She asks.

Not really, because I'm not dating him for his looks, I just really want to be able to see him for who he is.

"I'll tell you one thing, he's got some stunning eyes." She plants a kiss on my forehead. "As long as he treats you well I'm okay with him."

He's got stunning eyes? What does that mean? Stunning as in beautiful or stunning as in weird? I sigh. "Thanks mom."

Soon after I hear shuffling of feet moving near my bed and a hand grasps mine.

"How are you feeling?" Hakyeon asks.

"I'm all better now. Especially now that you're here." I smile.

He chuckles. "You really scared me last night. I didn't know what was happening, Mari please tell me if you ever start feeling that way again."

I nod. "Okay."

"I love you, please don't keep the pain a secret from me." He says and my heart almost stops. Did he just say he loves me?

"Did you just say what I think you just said?" I gasp.

"Yes, I love you, Mari." He says sounding shameless.

I felt tears come into the corners of my eyes. "I love you too, Hakyeon."

He presses a kiss on my lips and forehead.

"I'm sorry they had to find out that way." He sighs.

"It's fine. They would find out eventually anyways."

----

Seven months pass by and Hakyeon grew on my mom and Jaerin. Even Taekwoon was fine with him.

We didn't have to hide it anymore and I was grateful for that. At this point he was even allowed to stay at the house with me.

Well today was the first day actually. My mom refused to let me stay the night at his place until finally she cracked and said he could stay here.

I was so excited. We would finally get to sleep next to one another. The only thing that could make this any better would be if my sight returned to me. So I could see his sleeping face next to me. But sadly it hasn't returned yet.

Some mornings I wake and see a lighter shade of black but I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not?

"Mari, why is Hakyeon pulling in with your mom?" Taekwoon asks. He was visiting me shortly before he left for college for the year.

"He is?" I question him. That's weird, I hope she didn't threaten him or anything?

"Yeah." He replies. "Well I'll be going now since Prince Charming is here." He chuckles.

"I'll miss you!" I aimlessly reach out looking for him. He pulls on my hands and hugs me tight.

Please log in to read the full chapter