Part 2

Imperceptive
Please log in to read the full chapter

Part 2,

After meeting with Hakyeon a few more times throughout the month I felt as if we were closer. I came to the conclusion that I liked having him around, he was refreshing.

My mother, sister, and Taekwoon knew nothing of him yet. I didn't want them to worry about me. Because knowing them they'd question the hell out of Hakyeon if given the chance.

So Bomi was the only one who knew. She would come pick me up from home sometimes whenever Hakyeon wanted to hang out. I tell my family that I'm meeting with Bomi every time.

Today being one of those days Bomi picks me up at home and gossips all the way to Hakyeon's place. I've been here three times now. It's gotten to the point that I can make it to the bathroom by myself, since I've memorized the route inside his home.

I sighed happily as Bomi helped me out of the car.

"You're so love struck." Bomi giggles.

"Yah, be quiet." I tell her. I couldn't quite deny her because I really did like Hakyeon. I wanted to be his girlfriend but I was too afraid to ask him out. What if he only saw me as a friend?

I mean I'm blind, who knows if I'll ever be able to see again. I can't even see him, what if he wants someone who can appreciate his looks. If he has any, Bomi won't tell me if he's handsome or not.

I kind of like it that way. I mean I'd like him if he was ugliest person on earth or the most handsome at this point.

Bomi continues to lead me slowly to his door. I hear his doorbell go off and shortly after the door open.

"Hello Bomi." Hakyeon greets her.

"Hi, Hakyeon." She pushes me forward a bit into him. His arms instantly wrap around my waist.

"Hey be careful, she's precious merchandise." He growls.

"Then you'd better hurry and buy her then." Bomi says with a hint of mischievousness.

I take a deep breath taking in his scent. He smells so good, sort of like home. It made me feel all giddy inside.

"Geez that woman." He growls, pulling me inside.

"What do you have planned today?" I ask him, as he leads me to what I believe is the kitchen. It was five steps from the front door and to the right if I remember correctly.

"I fixed us some dinner." He sits me down at the table. He proceeds to sit down beside me.

"Oh, really. I didn't know you cooked?" I say sounding surprised. Which I was but I didn't mean to sound like I was.

"Not really, so I'm sorry if it's not any good." He sighs.

I look around for my utensils but couldn't find any. "Um."

"I'll feed you." I could hear the grin in his words.

"I'm not a baby." I pout.

He grabs my right hand intertwining our fingers. "I know but you're cute like one."

I pout even more. Am I? I can't accurately remember what I look like? I lost my vision after the car accident when I was fifteen.

Did I even look the same? I even had four surgeries since then.

I end up letting him feed me, my cheeks burned hot the whole time.

After I finished I waited as he cleaned. I felt bad that he had to do it all himself but he wouldn't let me help.

I heard him sit back down beside me.

"Hakyeon, am I really pretty? Or are you just saying that?" I had been wanting to ask him that since a while ago but I haven't had the nerve to do so.

I heard him chuckle. "Of course. You're really the prettiest woman I've ever laid my eyes on."

I frown. I wanted to believe him but I don't have any proof that he isn't lying.

"Here." He says grabbing my hands and bringing them to my face. "Just feel around your features and imagine what you look like."

I do as I'm told. My fingers slowly run across my jawline, over to my nose, around my forehead, and down to my lips. I just can't seem to imagine myself. Then I get the bright idea to try and imagine Hakyeon.

I reach out in his direction. "Can I?"

"Yes." He pulls on my hands so that they finally meet his face. My hands slowly move across his skin, trying to memorize it. It was so smooth, I move around his forehead first, then down around his sharp jawline, I move my fingers carefully over his eyes, down over his nose and finally to his lips.

I bite my lip. They were so soft too.

I felt him take a sharp intake of breath. I was so close to him.

"Mari." He says, his lips formed to say my name.

"Hmm." I answer.

"Can I kiss you?" He whispers.

My heart almost breaks out of my chest, it began beating so fast. I swallow, he wanted to kiss me?

"Yes." I answer le

Please log in to read the full chapter