Chapter 5.5

One Great Escapade

Author's Note: (Read to avoid confusion)

This is a special chapter, a filler chapter. This one took place a few weeks/days before the boys got admitted to the mental hospital.

P.S.: This chapter is dedicated to asian_star, my younger sister. It's her birthday today. So yeah, happy birthday, dude! (Special chapter for N's birthday will be up tomorrow, 063016 [GMT+8])


Sanghyuk's Special Chapter

“You kids are college students, how can you not answer this?” The Mathematics professor angrily hollered, pointing to the question that was messily written on the glass board. The students refused to meet his eyes, knowing that the professor was like an angry beast whenever he’s angry. But there was one student who dared to look and even raised his right hand. “What is it, student Han Sanghyuk?!” The professor asked.

“That’s because your question, itself, is wrong.” Sanghyuk said, not even bothering to stand. “How can we possibly answer correctly to a wrong question?” As soon as he said that, his classmates started snickering. It was expected from the know-it-all genius. Though he was like that, everyone adored him. Students often got to escape from naggings and punishments of the teachers whenever Sanghyuk was around. That kid could point out even the smallest and tiniest loophole in a statement.

“As expected.” His friend, Sehun, high-fived him.

The professor cleared his throat. “The class is done.” He announced before leaving quickly as if he got his pants on fire. He was embarrassed and Sanghyuk felt a little bad.

“Maybe I shouldn’t have said it that way.” Sanghyuk muttered. “Anyway, guys, I’ll go first.” He told his friends, standing up from his chair and stretching.

“Why? You’re not coming with us to the arcade?” His other friend, Jongin, asked him.

“I want to but mom told me to arrange the memorial service of her pet.” Sanghyuk replied. “What a bother.” He sighed. Sanghyuk was not a hater of animals. It’s just that he had no idea why he had to prepare a funeral for the spider, a large tarantula, that his mother was taking care of for three hours. “By the way, why don’t you guys want to come with me to a mental hospital? It’s going to be fun!”

“I don’t get what’s so fun about mental institution. You can find those sort of people here in school too.” Jongin joked. “Anyway, forget about that mental hospital fantasies of yours and just come with us at the PC room later after preparing for the pet’s funeral, okay?”

Sanghyuk made a face but nodded anyway. “Okay, okay. I’ll go now.” He bid before leaving.

 

Sanghyuk looked around the pet memorial place. There were many cremated animals there – most of them were dogs and cats. But there were some bunnies and hamsters as well. “It will be weird if there’s suddenly a spider who’s been cremate—” He cut himself off when he stood corrected. Having a spider you knew for three hours cremated at a pet memorial was weird enough but what he saw was even more bizarre. “Here lies Leo, the cockroach?” He read our loud, sounding so amused as he looked at the expensive jar that contained a cockroach’s powder. “Some people have no better way of spending their money so they just cremate cockroaches, huh?” He shook his head, chuckling.

Sanghyuk turned away to leave but something caught his eye so he turned back to the jar. He squinted his eyes before furrowing his eyebrows. There was a lizard who appeared to be mourning beside the jar. “Ravi?” He asked upon noticing that a messy English name was written on the back of the lizard. “What’s with these weird people and animals?” Sanghyuk snickered to himself. “Leo and Ravi must have had a good friendship. Together, they can be called LR – Leonardo Ravinci.” He laughed but cleared his throat after a moment. “Okay, not so funny. I’ll just go home.” He mumbled.

 

“A mental hospital is a really fun place!” Sanghyuk told his friends as they walked home from the arcade. They were passing by a park. “It seems exciting so I want to visit it.” He added.

“Sanghyuk, do you wanna be confined there?” Sehun chuckled.

“No, of course not. I just want to see how it is. Like, I heard they give free foods, coffees, and many more. I wanna see how it’s like.” Sanghyuk defended himself but still continued to praise the mental hospital as if it was a very amazing place. On his peripheral view, he noticed how a tall guy ran away from the park as if he was late for something. Sanghyuk furrowed his eyebrows as he watched the man run away.

“What’s wrong, Sanghyuk?” Jongin asked upon noticing that Sanghyuk was a bit distracted.

Sanghyuk looked at his friend and shook his head. “It’s nothing. Just, I thought I saw the coach of Royal Azalea running away.” He replied in all honesty.

“Ey, impossible.” Sehun snorted. “That guy is super scary. He won’t even run even from death. I don’t even wish of bumping into him.” It was not a secret that Royal Azalea’s coach, Jung Taekwoon, looked and acted so scary. It was as if he wanted to murder everyone in their sleep.

Sanghyuk nodded his head in agreement to his friend. “I know. I think I’ll die if I meet him.”

“I don’t think you will. You’re just as scary.” Jongin commented but gulped when Sanghyuk gave him a look. It was not a secret that Sanghyuk looked so innocent yet he was actually an evil kid. If anything, that boy deserved many acting awards, even Shanghai International Film Festival.

“Anyway, as I was saying, a mental hospital is a very interesting place. I’m going to visit one in five days. Come with me, okay?” Sanghyuk tried to convince his friends.

“If you like it so much, why not go there yourself? I’m sure they’ll let you stay there once they found out about your obsession with gopchang.” Sehun stated.

Sanghyuk opened his mouth to retort but he was once again distracted. He sniffed and sniffed and he sniffed again. “I smell gopchang!” He hollered in a deep voice that was almost like a caveman’s. Then, he ran away from his friends, using only his nose as his GPS to find his precious gopchang.

“What is he? A dog?” Sehun furrowed his eyebrows.

“It’s as if you don’t know him yet. Let him be.” Jongin shrugged and the two of them did not even bothered following Sanghyuk for they knew that the gopchang freak would just eat a lot of servings of gopchang.

 

“Five servings of gopchang please!” Sanghyuk happily told the vendor. It was not every day that you would see a truck vendor selling gopchang so he was so happy to find one.

“Oh, it’s a ladybug! I’m going to call you Njumma!” Sanghyuk furrowed his eyebrows, turning to a weird male passing by. The said male was speaking to a ladybug and was talking in a voice of a grandfather.

“He’s weird. He reminds me of that weird musical actor.” Sanghyuk muttered to himself.

“Oh, that man. He always passes by.” The vendor told Sanghyuk. “Be careful because you don’t know if he’ll start hitting you. Anyway, here is your order. I hope you enjoy this with your family.” He added, handing Sanghyuk the big plastic bag that contains the five servings of gopchang.

“Actually, this is all for me. I’ll eat it well.” Sanghyuk grinned, paying before taking the plastic bag. He started walking with a big grin on his face. “I’ll go now!” He bid before walking away. As he walked, he was humming to some children song – The Cow and Rice Song*, to be exact.

[*It’s a song from a cartoon called ‘Huscle Muscle’ or ‘Ultimate Muscle’. Sanghyuk likes singing it.]

Please put the galbijjimon the rice~” Sanghyuk sang. “Mix the galbijjim with the rice.” He even started dancing in the middle of the street without really caring about anything. If anyone would see him, they would think that he just escaped from a mental hospital. “Galbijjim and rice combo is my favorite.” He continued to sing the song that didn’t really have anything to do with gopchang but he was too happy to care. “Ah, ah, ah, ah, ah. Nom, nom!” He even turned around and did a weird pose.

[*It means beef pork ribs, a steamed dish.]

A man who was passing by and talking to his mirror gave Sanghyuk a weirded out look before returning to talk to his mirror. “And that’s one weird person right there, Binnie. Glad you’re too perfect to be him.”

Sanghyuk ignored the weird guy. He knew better than to get involved with a guy with a prince syndrome. He just continued humming while on his way to his house.

 

To be continued...


Author's Note: (Clarifications and Apologies)

I thought tthis chapter is pretty short and boring. Sorry for that. I've been watching mystery series so I guess it affected the mood in the story a little. Anyway, I'll be updating tomorrow and on Sanghyuk's birthday so please expect the updates (though they're just some random events that I came up with and don't really have much effect on the story).

Thanks for reading and commenting! ^^

Special thanks to all those who commented. And to those who upvoted, marlia91, LeeJi98, Karenkitty1092, Taotic, and Sweatervest_Suhothank you so much! It means a lot to me.