VIXX's Hyuk Birthday Special

One Great Escapade

Author's Note: (Read to avoid confusion)

In KST, it's already 12 in the morning (July 5) so... I updated for Sanghyuk's birthday!

P.S.: This chapter is dedicated to VIXX's youngest member Hyuk!


The Little Devil Sanghyuk

Satan Hyuk, Hyulk, Evil kid, and many more were used to call Sanghyuk. Honestly, Sanghyuk did not know why he was called that. He was innocent, pure, and—oh, forget it! Who were we kidding? It was Sanghyuk whom we were talking about. He was the exact opposite of those! No, not the opposite of Satan Hyuk, Hyulk, and Evil kid, he was the opposite of innocent, pure, and all the good words that was originally supposed to be used to describe him. The question was to what extent was Sanghyuk’s evilness?

That’s actually a hard question, might as well ask when it started. No one knew for sure. Look at Sanghyuk’s face – beautiful eyes, chubby nose, and a cute pair of lips. He was sure a lovely boy, adding his way of talking cutely. However, Sanghyuk was not like that. He was not cute. He was evil.

 

It all probably started when he was around five. He caught a cold yet he knew that there was an ice cream in their freezer. Of course, for a 5-year-old, it was like a mountain to climb. But Sanghyuk could have climbed it if it was not for his mother who put a chain around the freezer. Little Sanghyuk had caught a cold so he was not allowed to even taste the ice cream.

“Can’t I have one bite? Just one spoon.” He tugged the edge of his mom’s shirt.

Much to the kid’s dismay, Mrs. Han shook her head. “I would love to give you but you have a cold. Now, be a sweetie and just play with your toys, okay?”

Sanghyuk huffed before stomping his little legs and walking away. He was annoyed because he wanted the ice cream so badly. He went to the park where he usually met his best friend, whose name he could not even remember. He just called his friend ‘weirdo’. That weirdo had a really high nose and his specialty was talking to animals and giving them weird names.

“Oh, Hyukkie! You’re here!” The weirdo smiled as he swang back and forth while eating his ice cream. He was sitting on the swing as usual and he was being weird. Sanghyuk could not believe that the guy was three years older than him.

“What’s wrong with you?” Sanghyuk blinked his doe-like eyes, sitting down on the vacant swing beside his friend. “You’re not being as weird as usual.” The weirdo he knew would be jumping up and down or talking to a random ant or chasing spiders.

Weirdo started sniffing all of a sudden. “I’m moving.”

“Where?” Sanghyuk furrowed his eyebrows. It was his first time seeing weirdo cry.

Weirdo stood up, giving a Chopper pen to Sanghyuk. “Far away. Seoul.” With that, he ran away, dropping his ice cream in the process.

Sanghyuk blinked, confused. He looked at his friend, who was running away, then to the ice cream that fell on the ground. That was the first biggest decision in Sanghyuk’s life. He took a deep breath before standing. Then, he did what he thought was right. He picked up the ice cream, dusted it off, then ate it. He turned to his friend who was already far away. “Thanks for the ice cream!” Sanghyuk called out.

 

That, honestly, was not even evil. The only bad thing he did was he betrayed his mom by eating ice cream though he was told not to. Yup. Maybe Sanghyuk was not evil after all! But no, that’s Han Sanghyuk, the epitome of evilness. Maybe, his evilness started in grade school?

Sanghyuk was in second grade that time and there was this teacher who seemed to be angry with the whole world. He was a terror teacher and especially picked on Sanghyuk’s class. Sanghyuk, unlike his classmates who were intimidated, was really interested in the teacher’s head. He knew that the teacher was actually bald and was just wearing a wig. The little boy may or may not have paid attention to his teacher’s hair more than he did to the lesson.

“Mr. Song is bald, I am telling you!” Sanghyuk told his classmates.

“No, he’s not. He has hair.” One of his classmates insisted.

“If I am right, buy gopchang for me for one week.” Sanghyuk said, raising his little index finger as if to emphasize the ‘one’. Obviously, his obsession with gopchang started even when he was still a kid. There was even a time when he knocked out three high school students for his precious gopchang. How did he do that? He also had no idea. Indeed, his love for gopchang conquered all.

Going back to the story, Sanghyuk’s classmate scoffed. “Fine. It’s not like you can do anything to prove your point that is not even true.”

“My point is true and I can prove it.” Sanghyuk confidently said. He was an evil genius, after all. It was very easy for him. “But you know something that is not true?” He asked, crossing his arms, looking pretty excited to share his thoughts to his other classmates who should have known that it was not a very good thought.

“What?” His classmate asked, furrowing his eyebrows in confusion.

Sanghyuk grinned evilly. “Santa Claus and tooth fairies. Your moms just created them to make you behave and easy to handle. If they are real, how do you explain the fact that you have never seen them despite trying your hardest to stay up just to see them?” He spoke loudly so that everyone in the room could hear him. To put the story short, cries, howls, and weeps filled the classroom. They should have expected it since it was coming from Sanghyuk but then, they were too innocent to realize that. Sanghyuk looked confused but shrugged his shoulders. Guess the truth is hard to handle, he thought to himself before playing with his toy, totally ignoring his crying classmates. That little devil.

 

“I did not do it on purpose though.” Sanghyuk reasoned out to his mother. He and his mother were inside the principal’s office together with the bald teacher. The evil kid known as Sanghyuk was sent to the office for two reasons, one, was making his classmates cry and two, removing his teachers wig. To summarize what happened, Sanghyuk pretended to trip in front of the teacher so the teacher had no choice but to kneel down to ask Sanghyuk if he was okay. Then, in a swift movement, Sanghyuk removed the teacher’s wig and waved it in the air, yelling: ‘I told you, he’s bald’.

“You pulled the teacher’s wig and it’s not on purpose?” Mrs. Han looked at Sanghyuk in disbelief.

Sanghyuk looked at his mom in his usually angelic face then turned to the teacher and the principal. “I’m sorry.” Someone should give the kid an acting award. He had this very innocent face, looking like he really did regret his actions. “I did not do it on purpose. I won’t do it again.”

“It’s okay.” The teacher said, melting despite being strict. “Just don’t do it again.”

Sanghyuk smiled then he stopped listening to the lectures of the three adults. He did not really care about that. He’s just happy that he got out of trouble plus he got free gopchang for a week. That’s heaven for a little kid just like Sanghyuk.

 

Sanghyuk had done many other bad things other than that. But they’re too many to mention. He could even write his own novel about the evilness that he had done in his own life – surely, five novels would not be enough to narrate every single bad things. On his defense, he had also done some good things in his life. Hey, a person could not be bad every single time, right? Of course, just like how a person could not be nice every time, one could not be bad always – maybe Sanghyuk could be an exemption.

One month before Sanghyuk was confined in the mental hospital, he was a fairly nice kid. There was this certain bum who would always sleep in the park. He was wearing a hoodie, a cap, and sunglasses. He was always snoring like there’s no tomorrow. Because Sanghyuk pitied the thug, Sanghyuk would sometime place a money or food beside the bum. See? Sanghyuk was kind – not. Sanghyuk was helpful when he’s in the mood but he was not a very kind person. That’s the summary of Sanghyuk’s personality.

Indeed, he was an evil genius.


Author's Note: 

Expect an update on Wednesday (GMT+8)~! Also, just a reminder, like the other chapters, I did not proof-read this. So, please tell me if there are mistakes (typo and wrong grammar).

Thanks for reading and commenting! ^^

Special thanks to all those who commented. And to those who upvoted, marlia91, LeeJi98, Karenkitty1092, Taotic, Sweatervest_Suho, and hongbeann, thank you so much! It means a lot to me.