Chapter 6.5

One Great Escapade

Author's Note: (Read to avoid confusion)

This is a special chapter, a filler chapter. This one took place a few weeks/days before the boys got admitted to the mental hospital.


Hongbin's Special Chapter

Hongbin looked at his reflection in the mirror, smiling to show his dimples. He fixed his hair for a few minutes and when he was contented, he put down the mirror that he was holding. “I look handsome.” He said in content before facing his computer. In his peripheral view, he caught the sight of his handsome self in another mirror. He smiled widely then picked up the mirror. “Ah… how can you be so distractingly handsome, Lee Hongbin? That’s not very good for your mental health—especially for the jealous people’s mental health.” He told himself out loud, not even bothering to be humble enough.

“Lee Hongbin, stop staring at yourself and get back to work.” One of Hongbin’s co-workers hissed, making Hongbin roll his eyes. Hearing Hongbin talk like that was not something new but it was still very annoying for anyone who could hear it. It’s not like anyone would like to listen to a monologue of a narcissist.

“Now, there’s one jealous person.” Hongbin made sure to say it out loud, even sighing as if he were tired when the ones who were actually tired were the ones who had to listen to him babble about how perfect, how handsome, or how awesome he was.

“I am not jealous, Hongbin. It’s just annoying how you have ten mirrors around you. How can you even work like that?” The same co-worker grumbled in annoyance.

Hongbin snorted. “Do you know how to count? It’s not ten, it’s twelve. Those two numbers are different from one another.” He pointed out. “How can someone be ugly and stupid at the same time, seriously?” He clicked his tongue, putting down his mirror to face his computer once again—only to catch the sight of his reflection in the mirror from his peripheral view. “I look like Se7en and I look the same in this angle.” He told no one in particular. “Then, if I look this side, I look a bit like Park Hyoshin.” He tilted his head to the side a little bit. “Then, I look a bit like Lee Minho.” He muttered. He was annoying, all right. His mirrors were distracting too but Hongbin was talented and that’s the reason why he still got a job.

“I’m so done with you!” His co-worker stood up from his chair and stomped away from the narcissist.

Hongbin raised his left eyebrow and tilted his head to the side as he watched his co-worker walk away. He did not do anything wrong so why was that guy even walking away like that? Not that Hongbin actually cared. He barely cared about that jealous person. “I should stop thinking. That would cause me wrinkles.” He said to himself.

“Yeah, yeah.” The head of Hongbin’s department appeared, clearly hearing what Hongbin said. “You should stop worrying about your wrinkles and worry about your job.” He said, sternly before throwing a white envelope towards Hongbin’s desk.

“What’s this?” Hongbin asked, picking up the envelope and opening it. His eyes widen at the amount of money inside the envelope. It would be enough to feed him and his family for a year. “What is this for?” He asked the department’s head. It would be nice if it were for him but Hongbin knew that his bosses were all cheapskates. Why would they give him money?

“Your last salary.” The department head replied without any emotions at all.

“What?!”  Hongbin exclaimed. “You cannot do this to me!”

“Actually, I can.” The department head said in a calm voice. “However, there’s a way for you to continue working here.” He informed Hongbin. “Go to a mental hospital, get your head checked, then, and tell me the results. If the results are fine then, we’ll accept you. You’re talented anyway.” He explained when Hongbin raised a brow at him. Even so, Hongbin still did not look very pleased.

“So? You want to fire me because you think that I am crazy?” Hongbin scoffed. “Can you hear yourself, dude? Me? Crazy?” He laughed out loud as if he just heard the funniest joke in the world. The department head raised a brow at him. The department head, honestly, did not know which bothered him the most—the fact that Hongbin called him ‘dude’ when he was his boss or the fact that Hongbin was laughing so loud that it might kill him of too much laughter. He should probably bothered because of both.

The department head cleared his throat. “I don’t think you’re crazy. I know that you are mentally disturbed. If not, then, why do you give names to your mirror? Why do they have to be around you all the time? Why do you talk to them? And most importantly, why is looking at the mirror your priority next to breathing?”

Hongbin raised his brow, throwing a judging look at his boss. “Because I became friends with other creatures, I’m insane? Because I don’t like to be alone, I’m out of my mind? Because I like speaking to others, I’m crazy? And most importantly, because I know that I am handsome, you’ll say that I’m mentally disturbed?” He asked in disbelief. “I have always known that ugly people wouldn’t understand.”

The department head closed his eyes, taking a deep breath. “You know what, Lee Hongbin? You’re fired, Lee Hongbin, you narcissistic bastard!” He yelled angrily.

 

Hongbin woke up not-so-happily the next day. It was only partly because of being fired. The main reason why he was not happy was because of his nightmare. Usually when Hongbin had nightmares, it would always be about him starting to look like the department head—which was pretty scary for Hongbin, all right? The last thing Hongbin would want was to look ugly—as ugly as that fat bald guy. He would be more than willing to sell his soul to a cockroach or to an evil kid to maintain his handsomeness.

Going back to the topic, Hongbin’s nightmare the night before was quite different. It was about him being in a mental hospital with five others. One guy was so depressed because of the death of a cockroach, one guy was head-over-heels for lattes, one guy was acting like a dog, another was a lay bum, and the fifth one was an adorable little (not really little for he’s even taller than Hongbin) kid. How did it became a nightmare? That, Hongbin was not sure. But for sure, he did not want that to happen. He was living a peaceful life so why would he want it to be more chaotic?

Why was he so affected? There’s no way that prince Hongbin would go to mental hospital, anyway. He would rather go and hang out with the bum that was sleeping on the park bench than to go to a mental hospital that would make him go insane. It was not very vital for mental health unlike looking at the mirror which happened to be a necessity for Hongbin. Plus, with his looks and abilities, Hongbin could just take any jobs with high salary. The only flaw that he had—according to him—was being distracted by his own reflection in the mirror. But hey, no one could blame him. If anyone had a face like his, they would surely be distracted easily too. Hongbin decided to just apply for a new job and so, he headed out to look for a job.

 

Hongbin tried to apply for a job to no avail. He almost entered as a waiter but the waitresses could not focus so he was asked to leave right away. He almost became a cashier but he backed out upon hearing that he would have to work until late at night (Hongbin could not risk his eyes to have dark eye bags, no). It was not because he was worried that he would become less handsome (he’s handsome even if he were to change noses with a dog) but he just wanted to protect his face.

At the moment, Hongbin was busy staring at the mirror, talking to it – ‘N’ was its name. It was Hongbin’s favorite mirror since third grade in elementary. “N, what job should I pick? I mean, it should be pretty easy but I could not risk hurting my own face. Also, girls freak out whenever I’m around. It’s not narcissism but if I were born as a girl, I would fall for me too. It’s as if my body has a magnet, it attracts everyone—boys or girls. My mere existence makes them crazy.” He told the mirror. “What do I do?” He asked.

Because he was so busy with his monologue, he did not notice that he was near a café that was having a commotion because of a certain guy flipping some tables. It all happened too fast for Hongbin to comprehend. Before he knew it, a guy (who looked exactly like one certain guy in Hongbin’s dream) bumped into him and N, the mirror, hit the floor. N was dead. It died in front of Hongbin.

Hongbin gasped out loud. “You! You broke my mirror!” He pointed out but the almost-too familiar guy continued to walk, ignoring him. The former glared at the latter. “One year of bad luck for you! No! You’ll have a bad luck in your whole life!” He yelled before picking up N who was severely injured.

“Lee Hongbin, what are you even talking about?” A middle-aged man, who came out from the café, asked the Hongbin. It was one of Hongbin’s former coworkers—one of those who hated Hongbin the most. “The man who bumped into you is about to go to mental hospital. I bet you’ll need to come with him.”

Hongbin scoffed. “No way. I’m too awesome for that.” There’s no way that the handsome Lee Hongbin would be going to a mental hospital. “Now, if you excuse me, I have to get N fixed.” He said before leaving with N in his hands.

 

To be continued...


Author's Note: (New VIXX Story/ies)

One, I just posted a new VIXX one-shot story. The main theme is VIXX in kindergarten. I am planning on writing more stories like that one in the future so stay tuned, maybe? The title is 'Little Sanghyuk's First Day of School' (click on the title to view it ^^). I'm planning on updating it soon.

Two, I am planning on writing a romance story starring Hyuk and an OC. I am sad because of the lack of Hyukkie's stories here in AFF. He's so underrated.

Lastly and most importantly, I am planning on writing another VIXX comedy fanfic (another bromance for you guys). But unlike this one, it will be semicrack and has a more solid(?) plot. But it might just be as funny. It will be about six guys who were living in the same boarding house but were too busy to care about each other until three (yes, not one, not two, but three) children were left in front of their house and they would have no choice but to take care of the children. It's still a plan though. Tell me if you would like to read such thing. 

Thanks for reading and commenting! ^^ And as usual, five comments to update next week, okay? 

Special thanks to all those who commented. And to those who upvoted, marlia91, LeeJi98, Karenkitty1092, Taotic, Sweatervest_Suho, hongbeann, and Zhuchu thank you so much! It means a lot to me.